|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) It does not pay enough.
(b) She can not tolerate the rich.
(c) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
2. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Below par.
(b) Average if not less.
3. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(b) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(c) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(d) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
5. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
(a) Both are married to their work.
(b) Both like to be near their family.
(c) Both have sisters.
(d) Both are from Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
2. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
3. What is the main area that Manya has found her interest waning in since she arrived in Paris?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)