|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. Who is Manya's first romance with?
(a) A boy from her brother's school.
(b) Her sister's best friend.
(c) Her employer's son.
(d) A friend of her fathers.
3. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(c) The river.
4. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Financial planning.
(b) Desire to look for freedom.
(c) Work and study.
(d) Familial bonds.
5. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Russian Tsar.
(d) Russian principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
2. What is Pierre's only focus when Marie and he settle into their first flat?
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
4. What is the children's single focus at this time?
5. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)