|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Below par.
(b) Average if not less.
2. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A return of her sadness.
(b) A desire to help her mother.
(c) A longing to flee her life.
(d) An anger at the Russians.
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Reading from the Bible.
(b) Going to Church.
(c) Telling Polish stories.
(d) Buying apples.
4. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Being a servant.
(b) Taking on boarders.
(c) Cleaning houses.
5. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
2. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. Where does Manya find her own friends?
5. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)