|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
2. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
(a) Crystalline physics
(b) Uranium conductivity.
(c) Thorium resilience.
(d) X-ray exclusions.
3. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
4. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because it is the French version of her name.
(b) Because she wants to forget her past.
(c) Because she is starting a new life.
(d) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
5. What happens during Marie and Pierre's second year of marriage?
(a) Pierre dies.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) Marie graduates from school.
(d) She gets pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
2. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
3. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
4. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
5. Where does Manya find her own friends?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)