|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The sites in Paris.
(b) The lectures.
(c) The culture.
(d) Being close to her family.
2. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
3. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They want him to marry a Russian.
(d) They think they are too young to get married.
4. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Smart and respectful.
(b) Stubborn and scornful.
(c) Studious and disrespectful.
(d) Lying and deceitful.
5. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) No one, he forged his own path.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
2. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
4. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)