|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she wants to forget her past.
(b) Because it is the French version of her name.
(c) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(d) Because she is starting a new life.
2. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) To focus only on studying.
(b) She is not speaking to her family.
(c) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(d) She cannot remember her symptoms.
3. How do her employers treat Manya?
(d) With great respect.
4. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
(b) She has decided to leave the position.
(c) The children have gotten married.
(d) The children finish their exams.
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because estates have grown poorer.
(b) Because it is the safest profession.
(c) Because they believe in education.
(d) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
2. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
4. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)