|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Writing her own books.
(b) Tutoring the peasants.
(c) Earning more and more money.
(d) Doing charity work.
2. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) They are not as strong as uranium.
(b) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(c) They all have their basis in thorium.
(d) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
3. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
4. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(b) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(c) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
2. What does Pierre study at the School of Physics and Chemistry in Paris?
3. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
4. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
5. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)