|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Marie and Pierre introduced?
(a) Marie's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) A Polish physics professor.
(c) Marie's father.
(d) Pierre's family.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Books read in isolation.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
3. What is piezoelectric quartz?
(a) A device used to define the measurements of crystals.
(b) A device to turn rocks into quartz.
(c) A device used for clarifying the value of quartz crystals.
(d) A device used for measuring small amounts of electricity.
4. Where does this story open?
5. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
(a) The worst years of her life.
(b) The most difficult years of her life.
(c) The most perfect years of her life.
(d) The most surprising years of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. Who does Manya begin teaching?
4. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
5. What does Marie eat regularly?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)