|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
2. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Reading from the Bible.
(b) Going to Church.
(c) Buying apples.
(d) Telling Polish stories.
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one, he forged his own path.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Carnivals lasting several days.
(d) Books read in isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manya begin teaching?
2. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
3. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
5. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)