|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(b) Plotting against Russia.
(c) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(d) Speaking Polish.
2. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(b) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(c) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(d) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
3. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Writing her own books.
(b) Earning more and more money.
(c) Tutoring the peasants.
(d) Doing charity work.
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Send Manya to school.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Pay back Manya.
(d) Move the family to Paris.
5. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To help the poor.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To help her sister realize her dreams.
(d) To become a patriot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
2. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
3. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
4. Who does Manya begin teaching?
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)