|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They want him to marry a Russian.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They do not want him to marry a governess.
2. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
3. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because it is the French version of her name.
(b) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(c) Because she is starting a new life.
(d) Because she wants to forget her past.
4. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
5. How do Marie and Pierre travel on their honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
2. What religion does Manya practice?
3. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
4. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
5. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)