|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Manya begin teaching?
(a) Young polish children.
(b) Poor working women.
(c) All of the children in her neighborhood.
(d) Those who wish to learn chemistry.
2. What does Pierre study at the School of Physics and Chemistry in Paris?
(b) Crystalline physics.
(c) Scientific scales.
3. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
(a) Both are married to their work.
(b) Both like to be near their family.
(c) Both are from Poland.
(d) Both have sisters.
4. Where does this story open?
5. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
4. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
5. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)