|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) It does not pay enough.
(b) She can not tolerate the rich.
(c) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
2. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
(a) Physical science.
(d) Biological science.
3. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because her father told her to do that.
(b) Because she cannot participate in them.
(c) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(d) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Self-guided principles.
(c) Improving the individual.
(d) Social progress.
5. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
2. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
3. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
4. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
5. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)