|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Work and study.
(b) Financial planning.
(c) Familial bonds.
(d) Desire to look for freedom.
2. Which of the following children is the youngest?
3. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of boarding house.
(b) Teacher of the poor.
(c) Director of a reform school.
4. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(b) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
(c) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(d) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
5. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
3. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
5. Where does this story open?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)