|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(b) It does not pay enough.
(c) She can not tolerate the rich.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
2. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He was caught speaking Polish.
(b) His wife became ill.
(c) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
(d) He wasn't subservient enough.
3. How do her employers treat Manya?
(b) With great respect.
4. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(b) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
5. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the monument erected to represent?
2. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
3. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
4. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)