|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. Which of the following children is the youngest?
3. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because they believe in education.
(b) Because estates have grown poorer.
(c) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(d) Because it is the safest profession.
4. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Russian control.
(b) Lack of finances.
(c) German invasion.
(d) Unqualifed teachers.
5. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
2. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
3. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
4. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
5. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)