|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do her employers treat Manya?
(b) With great respect.
2. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A longing to flee her life.
(b) A desire to help her mother.
(c) A return of her sadness.
(d) An anger at the Russians.
3. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Reading her books.
(b) The Russian imposition.
(c) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(d) Her mother's death.
4. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(b) Director of boarding house.
(c) Teacher of the poor.
(d) Director of a reform school.
5. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Send Manya to school.
(d) Pay back Manya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
4. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
5. Where does this story open?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)