|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because they believe in education.
(b) Because it is the safest profession.
(c) Because estates have grown poorer.
(d) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Kick it.
(b) Throw stones at it.
(c) Spit on it.
(d) Salute it.
3. What religion does Manya practice?
(a) Russian Orthodox.
4. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(b) They think they are too young to get married.
(c) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
5. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Average if not less.
(c) Below par.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
2. Which of the children died from typhus?
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
5. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)