|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) She has decided to leave the position.
(b) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
(c) The children finish their exams.
(d) The children have gotten married.
2. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
3. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Improving the individual.
(c) Social progress.
(d) Self-guided principles.
4. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
(b) To study physics.
(c) To become a physician.
5. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to move back with her father.
(b) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(c) She decides to abandon everything.
(d) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
2. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
3. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
4. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
5. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)