|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Speaking Polish.
(b) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(c) Plotting against Russia.
(d) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
2. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(b) Toy animals.
(c) Wooden blocks.
(d) Toy vehicles.
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He was caught speaking Polish.
(b) His wife became ill.
(c) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
(d) He wasn't subservient enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
2. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
3. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
4. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)