|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(b) She decides to abandon everything.
(c) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(d) She decides to move back with her father.
2. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her personal troubles.
(b) Her lack of personal strength.
(c) Her desire to find a new book.
(d) Her need to flee Poland.
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Self-guided principles.
(c) Improving the individual.
(d) Social progress.
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
3. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
4. Who does Manya begin teaching?
5. Who is Manya's first romance with?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)