|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this story open?
2. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(b) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(c) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(d) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
3. Which of the following children is the youngest?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) The Russian imposition.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Reading her books.
(d) Her father's loss of job and wages.
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
2. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
3. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
4. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)