|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(b) She can not tolerate the rich.
(c) It does not pay enough.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
3. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(c) The river.
4. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Buying apples.
(b) Reading from the Bible.
(c) Going to Church.
(d) Telling Polish stories.
5. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Plotting against Russia.
(d) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
4. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
5. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)