|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Send Manya to school.
(c) Find a better house.
(d) Pay back Manya.
2. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She cannot hide from the Russians.
(b) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(c) She can not tolerate the rich.
(d) It does not pay enough.
4. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Average if not less.
(b) Below par.
5. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Improving the individual.
(c) Social progress.
(d) Self-guided principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
2. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
3. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
4. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
5. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)