|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
(b) He was caught speaking Polish.
(c) He wasn't subservient enough.
(d) His wife became ill.
2. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Self-guided principles.
(c) Social progress.
(d) Improving the individual.
3. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) The Russian Tsar.
(c) His wife.
(d) Russian principal.
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(b) Those that were heros of Poland.
(c) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
5. Which of the children died from typhus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
2. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
3. Who does Manya begin teaching?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
5. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)