|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because estates have grown poorer.
(c) Because they believe in education.
(d) Because it is the safest profession.
2. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her apples.
(d) Her books.
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Reading her books.
(c) The Russian imposition.
(d) Her father's loss of job and wages.
5. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Taking on boarders.
(c) Being a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
3. Who does Manya begin teaching?
4. What religion does Manya practice?
5. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)