|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
2. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Managing the house.
(b) Staying healthy.
(d) Helping their father.
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(b) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(c) Plotting against Russia.
(d) Speaking Polish.
4. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A small house on campus.
(b) A tranquil courtyard.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A train station.
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because estates have grown poorer.
(c) Because it is the safest profession.
(d) Because they believe in education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
2. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
3. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)