|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Desire to look for freedom.
(b) Work and study.
(c) Familial bonds.
(d) Financial planning.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Carnivals lasting several days.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Country wildflowers.
(d) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
3. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
4. Which of the following children is the youngest?
5. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A return of her sadness.
(b) An anger at the Russians.
(c) A desire to help her mother.
(d) A longing to flee her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
2. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
3. Which of the children died from typhus?
4. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)