|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
2. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Studious and disrespectful.
(b) Lying and deceitful.
(c) Stubborn and scornful.
(d) Smart and respectful.
3. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because it is the safest profession.
(c) Because they believe in education.
(d) Because estates have grown poorer.
4. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
5. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Staying healthy.
(b) Helping their father.
(d) Managing the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
2. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
3. Who does Manya begin teaching?
4. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)