|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) Russian principal.
(b) His colleagues.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Russian Tsar.
3. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Studious and disrespectful.
(b) Lying and deceitful.
(c) Stubborn and scornful.
(d) Smart and respectful.
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A return of her sadness.
(b) An anger at the Russians.
(c) A longing to flee her life.
(d) A desire to help her mother.
5. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Unqualifed teachers.
(b) Lack of finances.
(c) Russian control.
(d) German invasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
5. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)