|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because they believe in education.
(b) Because it is the safest profession.
(c) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(d) Because estates have grown poorer.
2. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Buying apples.
(b) Going to Church.
(c) Telling Polish stories.
(d) Reading from the Bible.
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Carnivals lasting several days.
(d) Country wildflowers.
5. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Improving the individual.
(b) Self-guided principles.
(d) Social progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
3. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
4. Who does Manya begin teaching?
5. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)