|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Going to Church.
(b) Telling Polish stories.
(c) Reading from the Bible.
(d) Buying apples.
2. Where does this story open?
3. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(a) Toy vehicles.
(b) Toy animals.
(c) Wooden blocks.
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A longing to flee her life.
(b) A return of her sadness.
(c) A desire to help her mother.
(d) An anger at the Russians.
5. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
2. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
3. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
4. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
5. What was the monument erected to represent?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)