|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Salute it.
(b) Spit on it.
(c) Kick it.
(d) Throw stones at it.
2. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Unqualifed teachers.
(b) German invasion.
(c) Russian control.
(d) Lack of finances.
3. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
4. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(a) Toy animals.
(c) Wooden blocks.
(d) Toy vehicles.
5. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What is the children's single focus at this time?
5. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)