|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because they believe in education.
(b) Because it is the safest profession.
(c) Because estates have grown poorer.
(d) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(d) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
3. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. Which of the children died from typhus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manya begin teaching?
2. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
5. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)