|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
2. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(d) The river.
3. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Taking on boarders.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Being a servant.
4. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Financial planning.
(b) Desire to look for freedom.
(c) Familial bonds.
(d) Work and study.
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because estates have grown poorer.
(b) Because they believe in education.
(c) Because it is the safest profession.
(d) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
3. What is the children's single focus at this time?
4. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
5. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)