|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Being a servant.
(d) Taking on boarders.
2. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her lack of personal strength.
(b) Her personal troubles.
(c) Her need to flee Poland.
(d) Her desire to find a new book.
3. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
4. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) No one, he forged his own path.
(d) His father.
5. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her apples.
(d) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
3. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
4. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
5. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)