|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Country wildflowers.
(c) Carnivals lasting several days.
(d) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
2. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Social progress.
(c) Self-guided principles.
(d) Improving the individual.
5. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(b) Toy animals.
(c) Toy vehicles.
(d) Wooden blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
2. What religion does Manya practice?
3. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
4. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)