|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Lying and deceitful.
(b) Smart and respectful.
(c) Stubborn and scornful.
(d) Studious and disrespectful.
2. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
3. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(c) The Russian imposition.
(d) Reading her books.
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(c) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(d) Those that were great Polish leaders.
5. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the children's single focus at this time?
2. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
3. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
4. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
5. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)