|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(a) Toy vehicles.
(b) Toy animals.
(c) Wooden blocks.
3. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Spit on it.
(b) Kick it.
(c) Throw stones at it.
(d) Salute it.
4. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) German invasion.
(b) Lack of finances.
(c) Russian control.
(d) Unqualifed teachers.
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because estates have grown poorer.
(b) Because they believe in education.
(c) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(d) Because it is the safest profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
2. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
3. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
4. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
5. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)