|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Lack of finances.
(b) German invasion.
(c) Russian control.
(d) Unqualifed teachers.
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(b) Those that were heros of Poland.
(c) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
3. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because they believe in education.
(c) Because it is the safest profession.
(d) Because estates have grown poorer.
4. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
5. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(a) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
2. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
3. What religion does Manya practice?
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
5. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)