|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
(a) Both are from Poland.
(b) Both are married to their work.
(c) Both like to be near their family.
(d) Both have sisters.
2. What ultimately kills Pierre?
(a) Back wagon wheel.
(b) Horse hoof.
(d) Front wagon wheel.
3. How do her employers treat Manya?
(a) With great respect.
4. Why doesn't Marie go with Pierre to the Royal Society?
(a) She needs to take care of her father.
(b) She is not allowed.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is too pregnant.
5. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(b) She cleans them meticuously.
(c) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(d) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
2. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
3. Where does this story open?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
5. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)