Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(d) Plotting against Russia.
2. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Teacher of the poor.
(c) Director of boarding house.
(d) Director of a reform school.
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Buying apples.
(b) Telling Polish stories.
(c) Going to Church.
(d) Reading from the Bible.
4. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Russian loyalty.
(c) Social change.
(d) Intellectual pursuits.
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(c) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
3. Where does this story open?
4. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
5. What is Manya's personal ambition?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)