|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
(a) Biological science.
(b) Physical science.
3. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He was caught speaking Polish.
(b) His wife became ill.
(c) He wasn't subservient enough.
(d) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
4. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
(d) Losing her mind.
5. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) They are not as strong as uranium.
(b) They all have their basis in thorium.
(c) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(d) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
4. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
5. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)