|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(d) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
3. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(b) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(c) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(d) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
4. How old is Marie when she makes her first trip to America?
5. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Smart and respectful.
(b) Studious and disrespectful.
(c) Stubborn and scornful.
(d) Lying and deceitful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
2. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
3. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
4. What does Marie eat regularly?
5. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)