|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They think they are too young to get married.
(b) They want him to marry a Russian.
(c) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(d) Manya's family does not have enough money.
2. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He becomes mean and agitated.
(b) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(c) He is weak and unable to work.
(d) He has severe seizures.
3. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(a) Radiation poisoning.
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) His wife became ill.
(b) He wasn't subservient enough.
(c) He was caught speaking Polish.
(d) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
3. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
4. Which of the children died from typhus?
5. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)