|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
(a) Pierre's father.
(b) Pierre's sister.
(c) Marie's father.
(d) Marie's brother.
2. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Nature of the universe.
(b) Treatment of rheumatism.
(c) Handling of materials.
(d) Laws of physics.
3. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Her attic apartment.
(c) Working with the peasants.
(d) Physics laboratory.
4. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) They think they are too young to get married.
(c) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
(a) Savior of the sick and down trodden.
(b) Benefactress of the human race.
(c) Traditional female researcher.
(d) Model for the female species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
2. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What is the main area that Manya has found her interest waning in since she arrived in Paris?
5. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)