|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
(a) She gives birth to her second child.
(b) She is awarded her doctorate degree.
(c) She finds out her father is dead.
(d) She has a miscarriage.
2. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
(a) Uranium conductivity.
(b) Crystalline physics
(c) Thorium resilience.
(d) X-ray exclusions.
3. What obscured Pierre's vision?
(a) A closed cab.
(b) A crowd.
(c) A horse.
(d) A wagon.
4. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Physics only.
(b) Physics and math.
(c) Math and anatomy.
(d) Physics and anatomy.
5. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The culture.
(b) Being close to her family.
(c) The sites in Paris.
(d) The lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
2. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
3. What is Manya's personal ambition?
4. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
5. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)