|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(b) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
(c) They are not as strong as uranium.
(d) They all have their basis in thorium.
2. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Eating right.
(b) Taking more time to rest.
(c) Baby's seizure disorder.
(d) Tubercular lesion.
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is leaving Poland.
(b) That he is very ill.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he has money for her.
4. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
5. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because it is the French version of her name.
(b) Because she is starting a new life.
(c) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(d) Because she wants to forget her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierre's only focus when Marie and he settle into their first flat?
2. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
3. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
4. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
5. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)