|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The sites in Paris.
(b) The lectures.
(c) The culture.
(d) Being close to her family.
2. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
(a) Creating a home for her children.
(b) Creating Pierre's dream lab.
(c) Preparing pure radium.
(d) Preparing a new lab.
3. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
(a) That her lab in Paris be moved to America.
(b) That they be displayed in her lab.
(c) That they be turned in for funds to support her lab in Paris.
(d) That they be changed to give the gift to the scientific community not herself.
4. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) Her family abandons her.
(c) Her health deteriorates.
(d) She loses her position.
5. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
(a) The worst years of her life.
(b) The most surprising years of her life.
(c) The most perfect years of her life.
(d) The most difficult years of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. What patent could the Curies obtain?
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
4. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
5. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)