|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she is starting a new life.
(b) Because it is the French version of her name.
(c) Because she wants to forget her past.
(d) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(b) He was hung by the Russians.
(c) He has graduated from university.
(d) He has moved back to Poland.
3. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
(a) A new laboratory.
(b) A trip to America.
(c) A gram of radium.
(d) An article about her life.
4. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
(a) Creating a home for her children.
(b) Preparing pure radium.
(c) Creating Pierre's dream lab.
(d) Preparing a new lab.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) Her family abandons her.
(c) Her health deteriorates.
(d) She loses her position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manya's first romance with?
2. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
3. What religion does Manya practice?
4. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
5. What does Marie eat regularly?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)