|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
(a) A gram of radium.
(b) A new laboratory.
(c) An article about her life.
(d) A trip to America.
2. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Eating right.
(b) Baby's seizure disorder.
(c) Taking more time to rest.
(d) Tubercular lesion.
3. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
(a) Her continued health problems.
(b) Her children's wishes.
(c) Her on-going grief.
(d) Her lack of help.
4. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) To focus only on studying.
(b) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(c) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(d) She is not speaking to her family.
5. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(c) Reading her books.
(d) The Russian imposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
4. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
5. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)