|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(c) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(d) Those that were great Polish leaders.
2. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They do not need the money.
(b) They were refused because Marie is female.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
3. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
(a) Crystalline physics
(b) Uranium conductivity.
(c) Thorium resilience.
(d) X-ray exclusions.
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her logs and notes.
(b) Her first gram of radium.
(c) Pierre's memoirs.
(d) Her own sweat and tears.
5. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has moved back to Poland.
(b) He has graduated from university.
(c) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(d) He was hung by the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
2. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
4. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
5. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)