|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Handling of materials.
(b) Treatment of rheumatism.
(c) Nature of the universe.
(d) Laws of physics.
2. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
(a) A surprising, firm look.
(b) A fragile, grief-stricken look.
(c) A destroyed, yet resolved look.
(d) A strong and determined look.
3. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(b) Social change.
(c) Intellectual pursuits.
(d) Russian loyalty.
4. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(b) They were refused because Marie is female.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They do not need the money.
5. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manya's personal ambition?
2. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
3. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
4. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)