|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
(a) Portable X-ray machines.
(b) More radium.
(c) More scientific research.
(d) Cancer treatment.
2. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(c) Reading her books.
(d) The Russian imposition.
3. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
4. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
(a) Her lack of help.
(b) Her on-going grief.
(c) Her children's wishes.
(d) Her continued health problems.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She loses her position.
(b) She is unable to care for Irene.
(c) Her family abandons her.
(d) Her health deteriorates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
2. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
3. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
4. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
5. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)