|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A return of her sadness.
(b) A desire to help her mother.
(c) A longing to flee her life.
(d) An anger at the Russians.
2. What does Marie refuse?
(a) French Legion of Honor.
(b) Warsaw Prize.
(c) Nobel Prize.
(d) Home in Sceaux.
3. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Intellectual pursuits.
(c) Russian loyalty.
(d) Social change.
4. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is very ill.
(b) That he has money for her.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he is leaving Poland.
5. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
2. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
3. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
4. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)