|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
2. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
(a) A new breakthrough.
(b) Love of small children.
(c) Desire to find the answer.
(d) Husband's death.
3. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
(a) A destroyed, yet resolved look.
(b) A fragile, grief-stricken look.
(c) A strong and determined look.
(d) A surprising, firm look.
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(b) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
2. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
3. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
4. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
5. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)