|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
(a) To expose her children to radioactivity.
(b) Win the Nobel Prize twice.
(c) To win scientific prizes as a Polish citizen.
(d) To survive radiation poisoning.
2. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Physics only.
(b) Physics and math.
(c) Math and anatomy.
(d) Physics and anatomy.
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Beef and noodles.
(b) Water and noodles.
(c) Rice and broth.
(d) Buttered bread and tea.
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
2. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
3. How does the American public rank Marie Curie which her children see for the first time?
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
5. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)