|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
2. What happens during Marie and Pierre's second year of marriage?
(a) Pierre dies.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) Marie graduates from school.
(d) She gets pregnant.
3. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her apples.
(c) Her books.
4. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Working with the peasants.
(c) Her attic apartment.
(d) Physics laboratory.
5. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(b) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(c) Those that were heros of Poland.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately kills Pierre?
2. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
3. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
4. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
5. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)