|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(b) She cleans them meticuously.
(c) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
(d) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
2. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
(a) Pierre's father.
(b) Marie's brother.
(c) Marie's father.
(d) Pierre's sister.
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Helping their father.
(b) Managing the house.
(d) Staying healthy.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Carnivals lasting several days.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Country wildflowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
2. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
3. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
4. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
5. How does Marie feel about going on without Pierre?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)