|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
(d) Losing her mind.
3. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) Working with the peasants.
(b) Her attic apartment.
(c) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Physics laboratory.
4. How do Marie and Pierre travel on their honeymoon?
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(b) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(c) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(d) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manya find her own friends?
2. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
3. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
4. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
5. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)