|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her lack of personal strength.
(b) Her need to flee Poland.
(c) Her personal troubles.
(d) Her desire to find a new book.
2. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) Russian immigrants in Paris.
(b) The peasants of the city.
(c) Her sister's friends.
(d) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
3. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she wants to forget her past.
(b) Because it is the French version of her name.
(c) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(d) Because she is starting a new life.
4. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(b) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(c) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(d) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
5. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
2. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
4. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
5. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)