|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her desire to find a new book.
(b) Her lack of personal strength.
(c) Her need to flee Poland.
(d) Her personal troubles.
2. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They want him to marry a Russian.
(d) They think they are too young to get married.
3. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(b) The Russian imposition.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Reading her books.
4. What is the main area that Manya has found her interest waning in since she arrived in Paris?
(b) Young men.
(d) Family relationships.
5. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
3. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
4. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
5. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)