|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(b) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(c) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(d) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
2. How do her employers treat Manya?
(b) With great respect.
3. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) Being close to her family.
(b) The culture.
(c) The sites in Paris.
(d) The lectures.
4. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A small house on campus.
(c) A tranquil courtyard.
(d) A train station.
5. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Below par.
(b) Average if not less.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
2. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
4. Where does Manya find her own friends?
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)