|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
(d) Ground breaking.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Carnivals lasting several days.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Country wildflowers.
3. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A return of her sadness.
(b) An anger at the Russians.
(c) A longing to flee her life.
(d) A desire to help her mother.
5. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) The Russian imposition.
(b) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(c) Reading her books.
(d) Her mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
3. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
4. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
5. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)