|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
(a) Ground breaking.
2. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(b) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(c) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(d) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
3. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
4. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(b) They want him to marry a Russian.
(c) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(d) They think they are too young to get married.
5. Who is Manya's first romance with?
(a) Her employer's son.
(b) A boy from her brother's school.
(c) Her sister's best friend.
(d) A friend of her fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Manya practice?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
4. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
5. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)