|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because she cannot participate in them.
(b) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(c) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(d) Because her father told her to do that.
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(c) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Carnivals lasting several days.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Country wildflowers.
4. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They think they are too young to get married.
(b) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(c) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
5. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Intellectual pursuits.
(c) Social change.
(d) Russian loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manya's personal ambition?
2. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
3. What religion does Manya practice?
4. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
5. How do her employers treat Manya?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)