|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children died from typhus?
2. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her desire to find a new book.
(b) Her need to flee Poland.
(c) Her personal troubles.
(d) Her lack of personal strength.
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(d) Plotting against Russia.
4. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Social change.
(b) Russian loyalty.
(c) Intellectual pursuits.
5. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
4. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
5. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)