|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her need to flee Poland.
(b) Her desire to find a new book.
(c) Her lack of personal strength.
(d) Her personal troubles.
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Throw stones at it.
(b) Kick it.
(c) Spit on it.
(d) Salute it.
3. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) The Russian imposition.
(c) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(d) Reading her books.
4. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
(b) Her sister's friends.
(c) Russian immigrants in Paris.
(d) The peasants of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
2. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
3. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
4. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
5. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)