|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(b) She cannot hide from the Russians.
(c) It does not pay enough.
(d) She can not tolerate the rich.
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(c) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(d) Those that were great Russian leaders.
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(d) Plotting against Russia.
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(c) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
5. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
2. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
5. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)