|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(b) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(c) Because she cannot participate in them.
(d) Because her father told her to do that.
2. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her need to flee Poland.
(b) Her desire to find a new book.
(c) Her personal troubles.
(d) Her lack of personal strength.
3. What is the main area that Manya has found her interest waning in since she arrived in Paris?
(a) Family relationships.
(d) Young men.
4. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) Her sister's friends.
(b) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
(c) Russian immigrants in Paris.
(d) The peasants of the city.
5. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
(a) Telling Polish stories.
(b) Going to Church.
(c) Reading from the Bible.
(d) Buying apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children died from typhus?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. What is Manya's personal ambition?
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
5. What is the children's single focus at this time?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)