|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(b) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(c) Those that were heros of Poland.
(d) Those that were great Russian leaders.
2. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
3. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(b) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(c) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(d) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A longing to flee her life.
(b) An anger at the Russians.
(c) A desire to help her mother.
(d) A return of her sadness.
5. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Average if not less.
(c) Below par.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
2. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
3. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
4. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
5. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)