|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A tranquil courtyard.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A train station.
(d) A small house on campus.
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Carnivals lasting several days.
(c) Country wildflowers.
(d) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
4. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The culture.
(b) Being close to her family.
(c) The sites in Paris.
(d) The lectures.
5. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(b) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do her employers treat Manya?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. What was the monument erected to represent?
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)