|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What religion does Manya practice?
(a) Russian Orthodox.
3. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) The peasants of the city.
(b) Her sister's friends.
(c) Russian immigrants in Paris.
(d) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(b) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
5. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
4. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
5. What is Manya's personal ambition?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)