|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Kick it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Spit on it.
(d) Throw stones at it.
3. What religion does Manya practice?
(a) Russian Orthodox.
4. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because she cannot participate in them.
(b) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(c) Because her father told her to do that.
(d) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
5. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(d) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
2. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
3. Where does Manya find her own friends?
4. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)