|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
(a) A longing to flee her life.
(b) An anger at the Russians.
(c) A return of her sadness.
(d) A desire to help her mother.
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Kick it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Throw stones at it.
(d) Spit on it.
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(b) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
4. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(b) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(c) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(d) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
4. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)