|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To help her sister realize her dreams.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To become a patriot.
(d) To help the poor.
2. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because it is the French version of her name.
(b) Because she wants to forget her past.
(c) Because she is starting a new life.
(d) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
3. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(a) The river.
4. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Average if not less.
(c) Below par.
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
2. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
4. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)