|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her desire to find a new book.
(b) Her lack of personal strength.
(c) Her need to flee Poland.
(d) Her personal troubles.
2. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(b) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(c) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(d) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
3. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To help her sister realize her dreams.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To become a patriot.
(d) To help the poor.
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. How do her employers treat Manya?
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
5. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)