|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(b) Staying healthy.
(c) Helping their father.
(d) Managing the house.
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(b) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
3. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(b) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(c) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
(d) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
4. How do her employers treat Manya?
(d) With great respect.
5. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(b) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(c) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(d) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
4. Who is Manya's first romance with?
5. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)