|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(b) Russian loyalty.
(c) Intellectual pursuits.
(d) Social change.
2. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
3. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
4. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
5. Which of the children died from typhus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manya find her own friends?
2. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
5. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)