Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(b) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(c) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(d) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
2. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Russian loyalty.
(c) Social change.
(d) Intellectual pursuits.
3. What religion does Manya practice?
(b) Russian Orthodox.
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Carnivals lasting several days.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Country wildflowers.
5. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(c) Below par.
(d) Average if not less.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Which of the children died from typhus?
5. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)