|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Plotting against Russia.
(b) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(c) Speaking Polish.
(d) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
2. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Stubborn and scornful.
(b) Smart and respectful.
(c) Studious and disrespectful.
(d) Lying and deceitful.
5. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(b) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(c) They were refused because Marie is female.
(d) They do not need the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
3. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
4. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
5. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)