|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(c) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
(a) The most difficult years of her life.
(b) The most perfect years of her life.
(c) The most surprising years of her life.
(d) The worst years of her life.
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Speaking Polish.
(b) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(c) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
(d) Plotting against Russia.
4. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
(a) X-ray exclusions.
(b) Uranium conductivity.
(c) Thorium resilience.
(d) Crystalline physics
5. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
2. What is the children's single focus at this time?
3. What was the monument erected to represent?
4. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
5. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)