|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(c) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
2. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Stubborn and scornful.
(b) Studious and disrespectful.
(c) Lying and deceitful.
(d) Smart and respectful.
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Plotting against Russia.
(d) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
4. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
5. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They want him to marry a Russian.
(b) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) Manya's family does not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
3. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
4. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
5. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)