|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They want him to marry a Russian.
(b) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They do not want him to marry a governess.
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
(b) Ground breaking.
4. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Laws of physics.
(b) Nature of the universe.
(c) Treatment of rheumatism.
(d) Handling of materials.
5. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A small house on campus.
(b) A tranquil courtyard.
(c) A train station.
(d) A homeless shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
2. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
3. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
4. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)