|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
2. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
3. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) She is not speaking to her family.
(b) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(c) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(d) To focus only on studying.
4. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
(a) Stubborn and scornful.
(b) Smart and respectful.
(c) Lying and deceitful.
(d) Studious and disrespectful.
5. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) Her attic apartment.
(b) Working with the peasants.
(c) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Physics laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
2. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
3. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
4. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
5. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)