|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(b) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Spit on it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Kick it.
(d) Throw stones at it.
3. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
4. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
(a) She gives birth to her second child.
(b) She has a miscarriage.
(c) She is awarded her doctorate degree.
(d) She finds out her father is dead.
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
2. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
3. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
4. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
5. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)