|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
(b) Biological science.
(d) Physical science.
2. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(b) They do not need the money.
(c) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(d) They were refused because Marie is female.
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Treatment of rheumatism.
(b) Handling of materials.
(c) Nature of the universe.
(d) Laws of physics.
5. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Helping their father.
(c) Staying healthy.
(d) Managing the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
2. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
3. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe Manya to be?
4. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
5. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)