|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(b) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
(c) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(d) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
2. Who is Manya's first romance with?
(a) A friend of her fathers.
(b) Her sister's best friend.
(c) Her employer's son.
(d) A boy from her brother's school.
3. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(b) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(c) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(d) Those that were heros of Poland.
4. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
(a) Speaking Polish.
(b) Refusing to follow the school mistress.
(c) Plotting against Russia.
(d) Teaching the girls forbidden things.
5. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Water and noodles.
(b) Rice and broth.
(c) Beef and noodles.
(d) Buttered bread and tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
2. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
3. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
4. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
5. What is Manya's personal ambition?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)