|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Helping their father.
(b) Staying healthy.
(c) Managing the house.
2. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
3. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(b) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
(c) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(d) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
4. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) Physics laboratory.
(b) Working with the peasants.
(c) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Her attic apartment.
5. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
(a) Crystalline physics
(b) Uranium conductivity.
(c) Thorium resilience.
(d) X-ray exclusions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
2. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
3. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
4. What was the monument erected to represent?
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)