|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Books read in isolation.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
2. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Managing the house.
(b) Helping their father.
(d) Staying healthy.
3. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) They want him to marry a Russian.
(b) They think they are too young to get married.
(c) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(d) Manya's family does not have enough money.
4. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
5. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(b) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(c) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
(d) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
2. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
4. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
5. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)