|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie discover?
(c) Gamma rays.
2. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(b) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(c) They want him to marry a Russian.
(d) They think they are too young to get married.
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(b) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
5. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) They are not as strong as uranium.
(b) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(c) They all have their basis in thorium.
(d) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
3. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
4. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
5. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)