|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
(c) Physical science.
(d) Biological science.
2. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
(a) Physics laboratory.
(b) Her attic apartment.
(c) With her sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Working with the peasants.
3. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(b) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(c) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(d) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
5. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(b) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(c) To focus only on studying.
(d) She is not speaking to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
2. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)