|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
2. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
3. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
(b) They all have their basis in thorium.
(c) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(d) They are not as strong as uranium.
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Carnivals lasting several days.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Country wildflowers.
(d) Books read in isolation.
5. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
(a) Manya's family does not have enough money.
(b) They do not want him to marry a governess.
(c) They think they are too young to get married.
(d) They want him to marry a Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
3. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
4. What is Manya's personal ambition?
5. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)