|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Nature of the universe.
(b) Handling of materials.
(c) Treatment of rheumatism.
(d) Laws of physics.
2. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Physics only.
(b) Physics and math.
(c) Physics and anatomy.
(d) Math and anatomy.
3. What does Marie discover?
(a) Gamma rays.
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(b) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(c) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(d) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
5. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
(a) The worst years of her life.
(b) The most difficult years of her life.
(c) The most surprising years of her life.
(d) The most perfect years of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
4. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
5. What was the monument erected to represent?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)