|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(b) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(c) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(d) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
2. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(b) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(c) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(d) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
4. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
5. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
2. Who is Manya's first romance with?
3. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
4. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
5. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)