One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) Her health deteriorates.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) She loses her position.
2. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(b) Radiation poisoning.
3. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to abandon everything.
(b) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(c) She decides to move back with her father.
(d) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
4. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(b) Cars that haul the wounded.
(c) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(d) Equipped X-ray cars.
5. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Pierre's memoirs.
(b) Her logs and notes.
(c) Her own sweat and tears.
(d) Her first gram of radium.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
2. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
3. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)