1. Where does this story open?
2. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(a) Toy animals.
(c) Wooden blocks.
(d) Toy vehicles.
3. What does the father of the children in the opening scene of the school teach?
4. Which of the following children is the youngest?
5. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because they believe in education.
(c) Because estates have grown poorer.
(d) Because it is the safest profession.
6. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) No one, he forged his own path.
7. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Lack of finances.
(b) Unqualifed teachers.
(c) Russian control.
(d) German invasion.
8. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
This section contains 4,496 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)