1. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
3. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
6. What happens to Charles' first wife?
She dies after becoming financially ruined.
This section contains 5,359 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)