Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is the subject and focus of Mad Love? What previous work of Andre Breton's did it expand upon?
2. What art form does Breton open Mad Love discussing? Why?
3. What artists were discussed by Breton in Section 1?
4. What lines of Lautremont's did Breton quote in Section 1? Why?
5. How did Breton go about stating his case on "convulsive beauty" in Section 1?
6. What metaphor did Breton use in defining "convulsive beauty" in Section 1?
7. What did Breton write of "chance" in surrealist theory in Section 1?
8. What did Breton write in Section 1 of "the woman to appear"? How did he relate this to the Tarot?
9. What story of a diner did Breton recount in Section 1? What descriptions did he use?
10. What did the dishwasher call out in the diner, in Section 1? Why did Breton point to this?
11. What is the subject and focus of Section 2 in Mad Love?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)