Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Section 1
1. What is the subject and focus of Mad Love? What previous work of Andre Breton's did it expand upon?
2. What art form does Breton open Mad Love discussing? Why?
3. What artists were discussed by Breton in Section 1?
4. What lines of Lautremont's did Breton quote in Section 1? Why?
5. How did Breton go about stating his case on "convulsive beauty" in Section 1?
6. What metaphor did Breton use in defining "convulsive beauty" in Section 1?
This section contains 884 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)