|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton uses a metaphor in Section 1 comparing great quartz crystals found in grottoes in Europe and the simple crystals found in what?
(b) Building material.
(d) Rock salt.
2. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
(a) They never spoke.
(b) They had their first rendevous.
(c) They were married.
(d) They had an argument.
3. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
4. Breton announces in Section 2 that one of the purposes of Mad Love will be to explore _____ encounter with chance.
(a) His son's.
(b) His daughter's
(c) His wife's.
(d) His own.
5. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What French Poet's last major work, Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hasard ('A roll of the dice will never abolish chance'), was published in 1897?
2. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
3. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
4. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
5. What did Breton recall an early definition of as "big spoons, enormous bitter-apples, and chandeliers of soap bubbles"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)