|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
2. Breton argues that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion, and how?
(a) In existence.
(b) In the mind.
(c) In space.
(d) In repose.
3. What term refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
4. What French writer and poet, novelist, critic, and political activist helped initiate the periodical Littérature?
(a) Charles Baudelaire.
(b) Antonin Artaud.
(c) Philippe Soupault.
(d) Pierre Reverdy.
5. What refers to the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
2. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
3. When was The Communist Manifesto produced?
4. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
5. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)