|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
2. What did Breton recall an early definition of as "big spoons, enormous bitter-apples, and chandeliers of soap bubbles"?
3. When was The Communist Manifesto produced?
4. In Section 2, Breton sought to answer how one memory might stand out as being a "sign of the spontaneous, the indeterminate, the unforeseeable or even the _____."
5. What, in psychoanalytic theory, is a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which concentrate on the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex?
(a) Venus complex.
(c) Aphrodite complex.
(d) Oedipal complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first postscript of Section 3 written?
2. What German social scientist, author, political theorist and philosopher co-founded communist theory, alongside Karl Marx?
3. When was the second postscript of Section 3 written?
4. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
5. What is the title of the photograph in Section 1 which accompanies Breton's discussion of Tarot?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)