|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the responses of the survey from Section 2 were largely insufficient, there was enough interesting material there that Breton felt what?
(a) There was reason to use them, regardless.
(b) There was reason to send them again.
(c) There was more to say.
(d) There was some scientific justification.
2. Who wrote the Aeneid?
3. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
(b) The moon.
4. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
5. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nineteenth-century French poet's Les fleurs du mal was very influential on surrealism?
2. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
3. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
4. In what year did Breton describe a trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
5. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)