|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Surrealist journal is cited in Section 2 of Mad Love?
(a) The Venus.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Minotaur.
2. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
3. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
(a) Third version.
(b) Last adaptation.
(c) Original manuscript.
(d) Second version.
4. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(a) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(b) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
5. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
(a) Bois de Boulogne.
(b) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(c) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jacqueline Lamba's second husband?
2. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
3. Brittany is located where in France?
4. What astrological sign was Andre Breton?
5. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)