|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Andre Breton's daughter, to whom much of Mad Love is dedicated?
2. What term means an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast?
3. In Section 4, Breton cites one of his poems where the tower sways like what?
(a) A sunflower.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A blade of grass.
(d) A tree.
4. Paul Cézanne can be said to form the bridge between late 19th century Impressionism and what early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry?
5. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Paul Cezanne born?
2. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
3. In his descriptions of Lamba, where did Breton write of "a tiny, unforgettable fern climbing the inside wall of an ancient well, the deepest, most somber, and most extensive of all those that I have ever leaned over"?
4. What is the second of the two essential questions posed by Breton in Section 2?
5. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)