|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What German social scientist, author, political theorist and philosopher co-founded communist theory, alongside Karl Marx?
(a) Friedrich Engels.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) Carl Jung.
3. What nineteenth-century French poet's Les fleurs du mal was very influential on surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton's.
(b) Antonin Artaud's.
(c) Charles Baudelaire's.
(d) Marquis de Sade's.
4. What term refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
5. Brittany is located where in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
2. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
3. What refers to the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed?
4. What refers to the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference?
5. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)