Short Essay Answer Key
1. Where does O'Hara eat lunch in "Music," and what does he order?
O'Hara eats lunch at the Mayflower and orders a sandwich.
2. What is the weather like in "Music"?
O'Hara describes the weather as damp and chilly.
3. What holiday is approaching in "Music," and to what is O'Hara looking forward?
Christmas is approaching, and O'Hara is looking forward to the bright lights.
4. What is the poem "Alma" about, and how does he describe her?
"Alma" describes a beautiful dancer. O'Hara describes her dancing under multicolored suns.
5. Where does O'Hara travel from to see Alma? Where does he go to see her?
O'Hara travels from Nice to see Alma in Detroit.
6. Describe part four of "Alma."
In part four, Alma dies and becomes a legend. Many believe she is not even dead.
7. What causes O'Hara to feel mad in "On...
This section contains 1,584 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)