Music, Alma, On Rachmaninoff's Birthday, Poem (1)
1. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
(b) Roast Beef.
2. How many parts is the poem "Alma"?
3. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
4. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
5. What is Alma's profession?
6. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) New York.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Her home.
7. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Her dead father.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her dead mother.
(d) Her brother.
8. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She marries a mechanic.
(b) She opens a jewelry store.
(c) She becomes a teacher.
(d) She joins the army.
9. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The spirits dance.
(b) The doves cry.
(c) The earth shakes.
(d) The moon sleeps.
This section contains 3,297 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)