|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl say his family was able to solve problems?
2. How does Carl's conversation with the police come to an end?
3. What does Helen have with her when she arrives at the house?
4. Why does Helen say they couldn't get the three copies of the book from the Book Barn?
5. What happens to the security guards at the Book Barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mona's reaction when Oyster asks her to come with him?
2. What are the possible ways of revealing the words of the grimoire?
3. Describe what the police find when the arrive at the bar where Nash and Carl met?
4. What does Mona tell Carl about a love spell?
5. Oyster compares himself with an animal when Helen kicks him out of the car. What does he say and what does he mean?
6. What is the spell Helen has Carl say and what happens when he says it?
7. Why is Nash killing fashion models?
8. Briefly describe the scene in which Helen and Oyster fight.
9. What are some of the ways witches write in their mirror books?
10. What does the waitress say about the ivy that's taking over an entire town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Carl hopes the police will arrest him so that he can pay for his crimes. What is his motivation? Is it believable? Will it accomplish what he hopes to accomplish?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of this story? List at least three examples of that theme and at least one reason why the theme is important to the story line.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the culling son in ancient times? In theory, would that purpose be practical? Why or why not?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)