|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl do while Helen and Mona are inside a library looking for a copy of the book?
2. Why did sailors of years ago leave pigs and goats on islands?
3. What does Sarge write when he arrives at the hospital room?
4. What kind of shoes is Helen wearing at the carnival?
5. What did Carl and his wife plan to give their daughter for her second birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mona's reaction when Oyster asks her to come with him?
2. What are some of the ways witches write in their mirror books?
3. What happens to the Book Barn and why?
4. What does Carl come to realize about the names in Helen's day planner and how does he come to this conclusion?
5. Why is Nash killing fashion models?
6. Briefly describe the home of the race car driver.
7. Briefly describe the scene in which Helen and Oyster fight.
8. What is the phenomenon that happens in Stone River?
9. What's wrong with Carl's foot and how is the injury tended while he's in the motel?
10. What does the occupation spell do and what are Mona and Oyster using it for in Stone River?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Carl hopes the police will arrest him so that he can pay for his crimes. What is his motivation? Is it believable? Will it accomplish what he hopes to accomplish?
Essay Topic 2
Carl talks about his personal motivation for using the culling song and says he would never use it for evil. List at least three instances in which Carl uses the culling song and examine his motivations behind each.
Essay Topic 3
Several of the characters in the book have scams going on. Describe and compare any two.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)