|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the book Helen has been using as a planner?
2. What is Nash's copy of the culling song written on?
3. Who pulls up while Carl and Mona are talking outside the real estate office?
4. What does Helen have with her when she arrives at the house?
5. Why does Helen say she's unplugged Patrick's cryogenic unit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways witches write in their mirror books?
2. Describe the features of the planner that make Mona realize it's the grimoire.
3. Why is Nash killing fashion models?
4. Oyster compares himself with an animal when Helen kicks him out of the car. What does he say and what does he mean?
5. What does the waitress say about the ivy that's taking over an entire town?
6. What is Helen's situation when Carl arrives and what is her eventual fate?
7. What is the phenomenon that happens in Stone River?
8. Briefly describe the scene in which Helen and Oyster fight.
9. List two of the class action lawsuits Oyster has advertised in chapter 23.
10. What does Mona tell Carl about a love spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the characters in the book have scams going on. Describe and compare any two.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the grimoire originally came into Helen's possession. Compare it's original purpose with what Helen uses it for.
Essay Topic 3
At one point Carl hopes the police will arrest him so that he can pay for his crimes. What is his motivation? Is it believable? Will it accomplish what he hopes to accomplish?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)