|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carl call on Helen's cell phone while they are in the antique store?
2. What happens to the security guards at the Book Barn?
3. How many copies of the poem remain unaccounted for?
4. Where are Helen and Oyster while Mona is working on Carl's foot?
5. What does Mona say she's found as Helen and Carl get off the Ferris wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Oyster compares himself with an animal when Helen kicks him out of the car. What does he say and what does he mean?
2. What is the state of Carl's apartment when he returns home?
3. Describe the features of the planner that make Mona realize it's the grimoire.
4. Briefly describe the scene in which Helen and Oyster fight.
5. What does Carl come to realize about the names in Helen's day planner and how does he come to this conclusion?
6. How does Carl come to realize that he really is in love with Helen?
7. Describe the house Carl and his wife make for their daughter.
8. What is Helen's situation when Carl arrives and what is her eventual fate?
9. What does Helen say about her method of controlling the power?
10. List two of the class action lawsuits Oyster has advertised in chapter 23.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the occupation spell and how it's used in the story. Compare the instance in which Helen occupies Mona's body with the instance in which Oyster occupies Helen's body. How are the two similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Carl talks about his personal motivation for using the culling song and says he would never use it for evil. List at least three instances in which Carl uses the culling song and examine his motivations behind each.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mona leave the page with the culling spell in Carl's hands? Was she correct to do so? Why do you think so?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)