|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is all over the ground at the carnival?
2. When does someone notice that there's something odd about the English Ivy at the Park Senior Living Center?
3. What does Helen say Mona can use as a pattern to translate the spells in the book?
4. What color is the cow in the middle of the street in Stone River, Nebraska?
5. Where does Helen say she got the book she has been using as a planner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is LaughLand and what does the brochure promise they'll find there?
2. What is the spell Helen has Carl say and what happens when he says it?
3. Describe what the police find when the arrive at the bar where Nash and Carl met?
4. How does Carl come to realize that he really is in love with Helen?
5. What is Mona's reaction when Oyster asks her to come with him?
6. Describe the house Carl and his wife make for their daughter.
7. What's wrong with Carl's foot and how is the injury tended while he's in the motel?
8. What does Mona do to get Carl released from jail?
9. What is the result of the phenomenon that happens in Stone River?
10. What is the state of Carl's apartment when he returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen's use of the culling song is vastly different from Carl's use and from what Oyster plans to use it for. Are Helen's motives any more honorable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Wiccan meeting. What aspects of that meeting seem reasonable and realistic and what aspects seem unreasonable? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Carl and Helen. Each have their own agendas with regard to the culling song. Remember to examine the similarities in their backgrounds.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)