|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl discover about his ability to remember the culling song?
2. What is the source of the light on the table in the bar when Carl meets Nash?
3. What does Helen offer to show Carl as proof of Patrick's whereabouts?
4. What does Carl believe happened to the Stuarts?
5. What is the purpose of the fur coat smeared with ketchup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Roadkill Jesus" and what kind of people are gathering because of it?
2. How does Carl begin to make the connection about the poem and the deaths of children?
3. How does Helen get into the home of the woman with the chickens on her apron?
4. What is the significance of the story about the nurse who killed so many people?
5. What is Carl's purpose for his first meeting with Helen?
6. How does Carl come to believe that Helen killed the Stuarts?
7. What does Helen say was the reaction of her husband after the death of their son?
8. List the details Carl learns about the man in the trench coat that Carl killed.
9. What does Helen say about the origin of the culling poem?
10. How did Helen's husband die and what was the official cause of death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Patrick? What is his role in the story? What is his fate? What does Patrick represent?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the grimoire originally came into Helen's possession. Compare it's original purpose with what Helen uses it for.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mona leave the page with the culling spell in Carl's hands? Was she correct to do so? Why do you think so?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)