|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say is the only pattern in crib deaths?
2. How many copies of the book were there in the original press run?
3. Why does Helen say she's never going to use her lipstick again after giving one woman a facial?
4. Why is Carl really meeting Mona?
5. Where is Henderson when Carl gets back to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ethics question Carl says journalists are asked before they complete their ethics class?
2. What is Mona working on during their car trip and why does she say it's a good hobby?
3. What is the Mirror Book and who has one on the trip?
4. What is the inverted pyramid?
5. What is the significance of the story about the nurse who killed so many people?
6. How did Helen's husband die and what was the official cause of death?
7. What does Helen say about her ability to pray very quickly?
8. How does Carl come to believe that Helen killed the Stuarts?
9. What does Carl imagine could be the long-reaching effects of having the culling song become public knowledge?
10. What is Carl's purpose for his first meeting with Helen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carl says that if the culling song were to become common knowledge it would create changes in the world. Describe the changes Carl believes would happen. Do you agree? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Carl and Helen visit several homes where children had died. Describe the similarities and differences of at least three of these.
Essay Topic 3
Helen's use of the culling song is vastly different from Carl's use and from what Oyster plans to use it for. Are Helen's motives any more honorable? Why or why not?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)