|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man holding when he answers the door?
(a) A bouquet of dead flowers
(b) The book
(c) A baseball bat
(d) A bottle of beer
2. What is Nash eating when Carl arrives at the bar?
(c) A hamburger
3. How do Helen and Carl get into the antique warehouse that night?
(a) Helen breaks a window and they climb through
(b) Helen has a stolen key
(c) Helen calls the manager to open the door for her
(d) Helen uses a spell to open the door
4. What is Helen working on when Carl returns to the real estate office?
(a) Translating the spells
(b) A miniature house
(c) Her resume
(d) Her nails
5. What does Helen show Carl when she asks if they can go to LaughLand?
(a) A billboard
(b) A brochure
(c) A television advertisement
(d) A sad face
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say to his father?
2. What are all the people in Stone River wearing on their faces?
3. What does Mona say about the new look Helen created for her?
4. How does Carl say his family was able to solve problems?
5. What can be seen through the patio door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl come to realize about the names in Helen's day planner and how does he come to this conclusion?
2. How does Carl come to realize that he really is in love with Helen?
3. List two of the class action lawsuits Oyster has advertised in chapter 23.
4. What does Mona do to get Carl released from jail?
5. What is Mona's reaction when Oyster asks her to come with him?
6. What does the occupation spell do and what are Mona and Oyster using it for in Stone River?
7. What is the spell Helen has Carl say and what happens when he says it?
8. Briefly describe the scene in which Helen and Oyster fight.
9. What's wrong with Carl's foot and how is the injury tended while he's in the motel?
10. What is Patrick's situation when Carl arrives at the hospital and what is his eventual fate?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)