|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is blocking the sidewalk in front of the police station?
(a) A car
(b) A cow
(c) A bicycle
(d) A dog
2. What does Sarge write when he arrives at the hospital room?
(a) A suicide note
(b) A revival spell
(c) A phone number
(d) The culling song
3. Where does the man say he's going to go in two days?
(a) Back to work
(b) To hell
(c) To court
(d) To kill his wife
4. What does Carl say to his father?
(a) That he didn't kill his wife and daughter
(b) Where he lives and works
(c) All the above
(d) That he'd seen them a few days earlier
5. What are all the people in Stone River wearing on their faces?
(a) Fake moles on their cheeks
(b) A black dot between their eyes
(d) A great deal of gaudy makeup
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carl call with his single phone call?
2. What is Nash's copy of the culling song written on?
3. Where are Helen and Oyster while Mona is working on Carl's foot?
4. What does Helen/Sarge say about how they should kill Mona and Oyster?
5. What happens to the security guards at the Book Barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carl come to realize that he really is in love with Helen?
2. Why does Carl say tearing up the page and throwing it out the window isn't good enough?
3. What is Mona's reaction when Oyster asks her to come with him?
4. What is the spell Helen has Carl say and what happens when he says it?
5. Describe what the police find when the arrive at the bar where Nash and Carl met?
6. What does the occupation spell do and what are Mona and Oyster using it for in Stone River?
7. What is the result of the phenomenon that happens in Stone River?
8. Oyster compares himself with an animal when Helen kicks him out of the car. What does he say and what does he mean?
9. What does Mona tell Carl about a love spell?
10. What is Carl's phone call to 911?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)