|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image the owners usually see reflected in the water in the tub?
(a) A wrinkled face
(b) A baby
(c) The Grim Reaper
(d) A pig
2. What color is the suit Helen wears to the Wiccan meeting?
(a) Powder blue
(b) Honey gold
(c) Grass green
(d) Full moon yellow
3. What is in the package Carl picks up on his way home from work?
(a) Pieces for a miniature he's building
(c) new shoes
4. What is being announced on the radio when Carl meets up with Nash?
(a) Class schedules for a community college
(b) The weather
(c) School lunch menus
5. Who is the radio personality Carl kills?
(a) Mr. Ed
(b) Dr. Sara
(c) Rev. Flatt
(d) Judge Judy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say will be used for art with the story he's writing about sudden infant death syndrome?
2. What does Carl say Henderson dropped out of?
3. What does Carl do with the page containing the culling song?
4. What does Carl say he wants to do with the original copy of the book?
5. What does Helen say she wants to do with the original copy of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Helen's response when Carl asks if she was responsible for the death of Basil Frankie?
2. What does Carl say is the reason his series about sudden infant death syndrome is so compelling to readers, especially parents and grandparents?
3. How did Helen's husband die and what was the official cause of death?
4. What is Mona working on during their car trip and why does she say it's a good hobby?
5. List at least four details Carl has for his first dead baby story.
6. Describe the actions and conversation of the man with the sideburns.
7. How does Helen get into the home of the woman with the chickens on her apron?
8. What does Carl say about the sounds he hears from his apartment?
9. List the details Carl learns about the man in the trench coat that Carl killed.
10. What does Helen say about the origin of the culling poem?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)