|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image the owners usually see reflected in the water in the tub?
(a) The Grim Reaper
(b) A baby
(c) A pig
(d) A wrinkled face
2. What does Carl believe happened to the Stuarts?
(a) Duncan repeated the song to them
(b) Helen sang them the culling song
(c) Mona shot them
(d) They died of natural causes
3. Which of the following is among the details Carl gives about the cab?
(a) That the seat has been slit
(b) That it stinks
(c) That it's grey inside
(d) That the driver is foreign
4. What is the grade Carl receives on his ethics
5. What is the detail the editor asks for in the hypothetical question on Carl's ethics test?
(a) The name of the babysitter
(b) The color of the ornament
(c) The name of the paramedic
(d) The name of the grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the candles Mona places on the flat rock on the floor?
2. What page is the book "Poems and Rhymes" open to in two of the homes where there was a crib death?
3. Where is Henderson when Carl gets back to work?
4. What is on the apron worn by the woman in the kitchen?
5. What does the "flying virgin" write across the New Mexican sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aside from the sudden infant death syndrome, what are the other stories Carl is supposed to be following up on?
2. What are some of the myths about sudden infant death that Carl says have been disproved?
3. What is Carl's purpose for his first meeting with Helen?
4. What does Helen say was the reaction of her husband after the death of their son?
5. What does Carl imagine could be the long-reaching effects of having the culling song become public knowledge?
6. What is the "Roadkill Jesus" and what kind of people are gathering because of it?
7. What does Carl offer up as "credentials" that he's worthy of following this story and why does he give that information to Helen?
8. What is the Mirror Book and who has one on the trip?
9. What is the Book of Shadows, what is another name for it and why are Carl, Mona and Helen looking for it?
10. What is Mona working on during their car trip and why does she say it's a good hobby?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)