|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only piece of furniture left in the living room when Helen and Carl go inside?
(a) A playpen
(b) A recliner
(c) A bean bag
(d) A sofa
2. What is the reaction of the officer who finds the cook who fell on the grill?
(a) He throws up
(b) He runs away
(c) He says Carl is a monster
(d) He screams
3. What does Helen suggest Mona do in order to discover what was used to write the spells in grimoire?
(a) Have it tested in a lab
(b) Rub boiled cabbage juice on it
(c) Lick it
(d) Heat it
4. When does Carl realize Helen has taken possession of the officer's body?
(a) When she smiles at him
(b) When she says she plans a body cavity search
(c) When she unlocks his handcuffs
(d) When she tells him
5. What does Mona say about Carl's attraction to Helen?
(a) That he's crazy for falling in love with her
(b) That she'll use his affection to kill him
(c) That he can't possibly be attracted to her
(d) That it's a spell
6. How does Carl's conversation with the police come to an end?
(a) With the death of the officer on the line
(b) The officer, realizing the danger, hangs up
(c) Carl hangs up, realizing they're tracing the call
(d) Helen hangs up the phone
7. What has Helen done in order to commit suicide?
(a) Slashed her wrists
(b) Swallowed a lot of pills
(c) Swallowed jewels and drain cleaner
(d) Said the culling song to herself in the mirror
8. What does Helen say Mona can use as a pattern to translate the spells in the book?
(a) A dictionary
(b) The experience of the Wiccan
(c) Another spell
(d) The culling song
9. Why does Mona say so many women marry men in prison?
(a) Out of pity
(b) To get their death benefits
(c) To heal them
(d) To have a husband without having to live with him
10. Who does Carl call on Helen's cell phone while they are in the antique store?
(b) The newsapper
(c) His father
11. What are all the people in Stone River wearing on their faces?
(a) A black dot between their eyes
(b) A great deal of gaudy makeup
(d) Fake moles on their cheeks
12. What is Mona working on when Carl returns to the real estate office?
(a) A miniature house
(b) A book
(c) Her resume
(d) Her nails
13. How many copies of the poem remain unaccounted for?
14. What does Mona scream out to Oyster when he calls?
(a) That she loves him
(b) That they have the grimoire
(c) That he has to hide
(d) That Carl hit her
15. What's the name of Carl's deceased daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say the government is already doing in an effort to stop overpopulation?
2. What does the talking Judas Cow say in Stone River?
3. Who pulls up while Carl and Mona are talking outside the real estate office?
4. Where does Nash say he got his copy of the culling song?
5. What is the advertisement Helen shows Carl in the newspaper?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)