|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is near the bowl of oranges?
(a) A bowl of holy water
(b) A tube of lipstick
(c) A candle
(d) A brass statue
2. What color is the suit Helen wears to the Wiccan meeting?
(a) Powder blue
(b) Grass green
(c) Full moon yellow
(d) Honey gold
3. Why does Helen tell the librarian she needs to know who checked out the book with the culling song?
(a) She says the woman might kill someone
(b) She says her daughter left a family photo in the book
(c) She says she has to destroy the book
(d) She says it's dangerous
4. What does the "flying virgin" write across the New Mexican sky?
(a) Don't litter
(b) Stop having babies
(c) Neuter your animals
(d) God is the answer
5. What is the name realtors give to the houses that are haunted?
(a) Hopeless houses
(b) Distressed houses
(c) Haunted houses
(d) Chained houses
6. Where does Carl and Helen meet for the second time?
(a) Helen's office
(b) A secluded park
(c) An antique store
(d) A house that's for sale
7. What is the image the owners usually see reflected in the water in the tub?
(a) A baby
(b) A pig
(c) The Grim Reaper
(d) A wrinkled face
8. What does Nash set fire to in the bar?
(a) A book of napkins
(b) A napkin
(c) A paper plate
(d) His notes
9. What is Nash eating when Carl meets him in the bar?
(a) Chips and dip
(b) A burger
(c) Onion dip
10. What is the setting for the story Carl reads about the 1983 case in which the nurse's aide kills a patient?
(a) Lincoln, Nebraska
(b) Florence, Italy
(c) Vienna, Austria
(d) New York, New York
11. What does Helen tell Rhonda she has to do to get past the grief?
(a) Cry until she's exhausted
(b) Make herself hard
(c) Have many more children
(d) Give herself time to grieve
12. What is next to the radio on Mona's desk?
(a) A magazine
(b) A police scanner
(c) A miniature house
(d) A make-up mirror
13. Where does the face of the barbiturate suicide appear?
(a) A window
(b) A staircase
(c) A mirror
(d) A tub filled with water
14. Why does Helen believe she's meeting Carl?
(a) She thinks he wants to find the book
(b) She met him on an online dating site
(c) She thinks he's working on a story
(d) She thinks he wants to buy a house
15. What color is Helen's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the details Carl recites from the calendar he saw on the wall of the apartment of his second crib death story?
2. What is the first thing Henderson says to Carl when Carl returns to the office?
3. What are among the possible causes cited in the newspaper article?
4. Which of the following is among the details Carl gives about the cab?
5. What color is Helen's purse?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)