|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps protect Ayah and Chato from the wind?
2. How does Chato look at Ayah as he shuffles down the highway?
3. What arrives at the post office in a colorful government envelope?
4. To Ayah, the clouds are like what?
5. Where does Chato herd his livestock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout Lullaby, there is a constant clash between Navajo and Anglos. In what ways are both sides misunderstood and which are deliberate? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Silko end Ayah's and Chato's lives in the manner she does? Do you find this method effective ending? Why or why not? Use fact details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Anglos aren't the only people who have conflict with the Navajos and Ayah. Explain how Ayah and Chato along with other Navajos interact with Spanish Americans. What are the differences to how they interact with Anglos? Discuss the similarities. Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)