|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayah, how does the freezing come down to the ground?
(b) Like hail.
(d) In slow motion.
2. As Ayah and Chato wait for the storm to pass, what do the clouds look like?
(a) Thin and weak.
(c) Massive and thin, separating.
(d) Massive and full, crowding together.
3. What does Ayah think she does to make the men in the bar fear her?
(a) Being Navajo.
(b) Being an old woman.
(c) Her attitude.
(d) Her face or the way she clenches her teeth.
4. What is the weather like once Ayah leaves the bar?
5. Why does Ayah believe Chato doesn't like guiding "the old ewes"?
(a) He dislikes sheep.
(b) He is tired of working.
(c) He is used to guiding cattle.
(d) It reminds him of Jimmie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chato have a limp?
2. Whom is Ayah looking for as she searches outside the bar?
3. Even with his dementia, what does Chato think of the white man's ranch?
4. Where did Chato decide to go to get help for he and Ayah's dietary needs?
5. Why does Chato go to see the postmaster?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)