|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ayah see pushing into the sky's distance during the storm in the fourth section?
(a) Chained horses.
(b) Great eagles.
(c) Winged crows.
(d) Powerful haunches.
2. What is the condition of Chato's boots?
(a) Worn out with holes.
(b) New but too large for his feet.
(c) Brand new.
(d) Worn, but durable for snow.
3. What is special about Ayah's and Chato's home?
(a) Her mother lives there.
(b) The door faces east.
(c) Her children's drawing are there.
(d) It is where Ayah was born.
4. What does Ayah smells through the night air at the end of the story?
(a) The purity of half moon and the stars.
(b) The reek of Chato's alcohol drenched body.
(c) The stench of fear.
(d) The woodsmoke of a hogan.
5. As Ayah searches in the night, what does she think about her relationship with Chato?
(a) There is no place for him but with her.
(b) He tries, but fails her greatly.
(c) He badly hurts her.
(d) He is a good husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ayah and Chato sleep when they came to Cebolleta?
2. As Ayah enjoys watching and connecting to the heavens, what does Chato do?
3. As Ayah and Chato walk in the snow, what makes Ayah laugh?
4. How does having livestock connect Ayah and Chato to the land?
5. How does Ayah describe the freezing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)