|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ayah's memory, what did Chato do the next day, after they returned home from Cebolleta?
(b) Complain about his hangover.
(c) Tend sheep.
2. What helps protect Ayah and Chato from the wind?
3. Through what part of the sky can Ayah see a star as the weather changes?
4. Why is the old barn symbolic of the relationship between the whites and Navajos?
(a) It is adequate for Ayah and Chato's needs.
(b) It is built by whites.
(c) It is a farm housing, not a real house.
(d) It is inadequate for Ayah and Chato's needs.
5. What do the days of Ayah and Chato's journey sound like to Ayah?
(d) Like a lullaby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Ayah's and Chato's home?
2. What does Silko use as a metaphor for the days Ayah and Chato lived together?
3. Why does Chato have a limp?
4. What does Chato do with his shoes?
5. Whom is Ayah looking for as she searches outside the bar?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)