|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ayah think she does to make the men in the bar fear her?
(a) Being Navajo.
(b) Her attitude.
(c) Being an old woman.
(d) Her face or the way she clenches her teeth.
2. After Chato's return with the brown box, what does he do the first of every month?
(a) Eat peaches.
(b) Go to the welfare office.
(c) Goes to Cebolleta.
(d) Visit his sister's.
3. What does Ayah notice about the way Chato smells in the fourth section of the story?
(a) It reeks strongly of food.
(b) It reeks strongly of fire.
(c) It reeks strongly of alcohol.
(d) It reeks strongly of urine and woodsmoke.
4. What color are the clouds Ayah and Chato watch as they wait against the rocks?
(a) White like cotton.
(b) Gray like sweat.
(c) Black like tar.
(d) Steely blue-gray.
5. Through what part of the sky can Ayah see a star as the weather changes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the old barn located according to Ayah?
2. What does Ayah breathe with as she sits beneath the clear sky?
3. What color is the sandrock on the mesa?
4. As Ayah enjoys watching and connecting to the heavens, what does Chato do?
5. In Ayah's memory, what did Chato do the next day, after they returned home from Cebolleta?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)