|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ayah believe is a place for Chato and herself to wait out the storm?
(a) In the old barn.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the shack.
(d) In the apartment.
2. According to Ayah, when did Chato start going to the bar?
(a) After she sleeps away from him.
(b) After Danny and Ella are taken.
(c) After Jimmie died.
(d) After five years of drought.
3. What do the arroyos have to offer Ayah's and Chato's livestock?
(a) Plenty of food.
(c) Sparse grass.
4. How did Chato tell Ayah that Jimmie died?
(a) He wrote it down.
(b) He hugged her.
(c) He told her in English.
(d) He used the Navajo word for death.
5. What is Jimmie's birth order?
(c) Second youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does Ayah walk as she leaves the bar?
2. At the beginning of the second section, what is the weather doing?
3. What did Ayah feel Chato did to her by teaching her to sign her name in English?
4. After a time, Ayah realized that she could no longer do what with her two remaining children?
5. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)