|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to all of Ayah's other children?
(a) They died of tuberculosis.
(b) They stayed at relatives.
(c) They got the measles.
(d) They moved away.
2. As Ayah searches in the night, what does she think about her relationship with Chato?
(a) There is no place for him but with her.
(b) He badly hurts her.
(c) He tries, but fails her greatly.
(d) He is a good husband.
3. After Ayah enters the bar, what does she neglect to do?
(b) Speak to the bartender.
(c) Close the door.
(d) Lower her eyes.
4. Where does Ayah go first on her search?
(a) A ranch.
(b) Azzie's Bar.
(c) A barn.
(d) A hogan.
5. When the children visited for the last time, why did Ayah not say goodbye?
(a) Because she forgot.
(b) Because they didn't say goodbye to her.
(c) Because she turned away from them.
(d) Because they didn't understand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a little girl, what did Ayah do with the raw, washed wool?
2. What does Ayah remember is remarkable about elkhide moccasins?
3. Who came to Ayah's house to discuss news about Jimmie?
4. How does remembering make Ayah feel?
5. How does Ayah mourn Jimmie?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)