|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to all of Ayah's other children?
(a) They stayed at relatives.
(b) They moved away.
(c) They got the measles.
(d) They died of tuberculosis.
2. What does Jimmie's Navajo name mean?
(a) Brave soldier.
(b) Summer morning.
(c) Beautiful son.
3. How does Ayah mourn Jimmie?
(a) Over time.
(b) That night.
(c) With angry words.
(d) At once.
4. What is Jimmie's birth order?
(c) Second youngest.
5. How did Chato tell Ayah that Jimmie died?
(a) He wrote it down.
(b) He told her in English.
(c) He hugged her.
(d) He used the Navajo word for death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Ayah's and Chato's home?
2. Why does Ayah believe Chato doesn't like guiding "the old ewes"?
3. What are the components of a hogan?
4. Ayah remembers what types of items in the black pot that are used for dying wool?
5. As Ayah thinks about her children, she recalls what about them?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)