|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ayah remember happening to Jimmie?
(a) He stopped contacting her.
(b) He moved away.
(c) He never came home.
(d) The earth swallowed him up.
2. Who is Ayah unable to find in the bar?
(a) The police.
(b) Her children.
3. Who came to Ayah's house to discuss news about Jimmie?
(b) A medicine man.
(c) A Navajo man with a government worker.
(d) A uniformed man dressed in a khaki uniform.
4. According to Ayah, what keeps her people connected to the land?
5. During the last visit with the children, what did Danny struggle to do with Ayah?
(b) Speak Navajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ayah looked at Chato's scarred hands and at his face, what did she think of him?
2. What are the names of Ayah's two children she lost to the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
3. How did Jimmie actually die?
4. Why does Chato often disappear at the beginning of the month?
5. Who is the main character in the story?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)