|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the second section, what is the weather doing?
2. Where does the story take place?
(a) In Phoenix.
(b) In Navajo Country.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Taos.
3. What is Jimmie's birth order?
(b) Second youngest.
4. Standing by the stove in the bar, what does Ayah decide to do?
(d) Dry her blanket.
5. According to Ayah, what makes the government worker frightened?
(a) Chato's scarred hands.
(b) Ayah's anger.
(c) The rural landscape on the reservation.
(d) The foreign items and Navajo language being spoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ayah enters the bar, what do the men do to her?
2. What is the overall tone of the first half of the story?
3. Ayah remembers what types of items in the black pot that are used for dying wool?
4. What did Ayah do by signing her name that she didn't realize until later?
5. What does Jimmie's Navajo name mean?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)