|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ayah learned the rhythm of her pains while in labor with Jimmie, what did she smell outside the stone hogan?
(c) Bee flowers blooming and willows.
2. After a time, Ayah realized that she could no longer do what with her two remaining children?
(a) Visit them.
(b) Speak Navajo with them.
(c) Hug them.
(d) See them.
3. Ayah remembers what types of items in the black pot that are used for dying wool?
(a) Ink dyes.
(c) Berries, herbs, and plants.
(d) Berries, sage, and beeweed petals.
4. What is Jimmie's birth order?
(b) Second youngest.
5. As Ayah studies the faces in the bar, whom do they remind her of?
(a) The white people who owned the ranch.
(b) The white people who brought her children back.
(c) The white people wh took her children.
(d) The white people who owned the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sound of the wind remind the main character of?
2. As Ayah thinks about her children, she recalls what about them?
3. Standing by the stove in the bar, what does Ayah decide to do?
4. What did Jimmie send to Ayah from the war?
5. What did Ayah do to try to prevent the Bureau of Indian Affairs from taking her children?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)