|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Ayah's two children she lost to the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
(a) Jimmie and Steve.
(b) Erica and Noemi.
(c) Billy and Joe.
(d) Ella and Danny.
2. Ayah remembers what types of items in the black pot that are used for dying wool?
(b) Ink dyes.
(c) Berries, herbs, and plants.
(d) Berries, sage, and beeweed petals.
3. Ayah remembers doing what to her mother when she knows it is time to give birth to Jimmie?
(a) Hug her.
(c) Reach across the hogan to her.
4. What is Jimmie's birth order?
(a) Second youngest.
5. What shocked the visitor about Ayah and Chato's decision about Jimmie's body?
(a) Ayah didn't cry.
(b) That Chato and Ayah did not want it returned to them.
(c) Chato cried.
(d) Ayah screamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chato break his leg?
2. What is the overall tone of the first half of the story?
3. How does Ayah mourn Jimmie?
4. Who are the Yeibechei?
5. What happened to all of Ayah's other children?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)