|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jared instruct his siblings to take such an action?
(a) To find the correct direction of the doorway.
(b) To prepare to fly.
(c) To keep the grass from misdirecting them.
(d) So the grass can feel their skin and direct them.
2. What does Jared point out about the faeries and the book?
(a) They did not believe their aunt, so they won't believe the children.
(b) The faeries are probably using the excuse of the book to be mean.
(c) The book probably never existed.
(d) It must be something that gives them power.
3. What does Jared remember about sod?
(a) How it is only on the surface of the earth.
(b) How it makes people lose their way.
(c) How it can hold many secrets.
4. Where does Simon suggest they look for more information?
(a) The basement.
(b) The attic.
(c) The public library.
(d) The place on the map marked as the meeting place.
5. What does Simon suggest?
(a) Taking the map to a cartographer for examination.
(b) Not touching the map since it might be enchanted.
(c) Burning the map.
(d) Following the map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mallory do while the children and elves are standing there?
2. Why is Jared nervous?
3. What does Mallory insist she did not do?
4. What happens to Jared when he touches Mallory?
5. What does Mallory ask the elves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Simon suggest about Mallory's find and what is her response?
2. What begins to make the children nervous and what happens as they reach a meadow?
3. What does the unicorn show the children and how do they react to the vision?
4. What do the three beings who come through the trees look like?
5. How do the children find out where the guide is and what do they do about it?
6. How does Mallory feel about the conversation with the rabbit-monkey creature and what does Simon ask it? What is the creature's response to Simon's question?
7. What is Mallory's question about the bargain and what does Jared say to them?
8. What happens with the children when they walk up the hill?
9. What do they ask the rabbit-monkey creature they see and what does he answer? What does Jared decide about him? What does he say when they ask about Arthur?
10. Who is the first of the three beings to speak to the children and what does she say?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)