|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises the first speaker?
(a) That the children are so young.
(b) That the children were able to overcome all the Faerie tricks to find the meadow.
(c) That the children have a sword.
(d) That the children are related to Arthur.
2. Why is Jared nervous?
(a) Because the elves have frozen Mallory and Simon from moving.
(b) Because the Faerie Queen is so big.
(c) Because the elves are so ugly.
(d) Because the elves show no emotion.
3. What does Simon take on their walk?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A bird whistle.
(d) A butterfly net.
4. Why do the children search the library?
(a) To find the guide.
(b) To learn about their aunt's past.
(c) To find information on the Fantastical World.
(d) To find information on Thimbletack.
5. Who disagrees with Jared about what may have happened to Arthur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they ask the animal?
2. What does Simon suggest?
3. How does Helen think fresh air and exercise will help her children?
4. What do the children hear?
5. Who drew the sketch of their dad that Simon finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jared order his siblings to do and how do they accomplish this?
2. How does Mallory feel about the conversation with the rabbit-monkey creature and what does Simon ask it? What is the creature's response to Simon's question?
3. Who is the first of the three beings to speak to the children and what does she say?
4. What does Lorengorm say to them?
5. What do the children do when they return from the barn?
6. What do they ask the rabbit-monkey creature they see and what does he answer? What does Jared decide about him? What does he say when they ask about Arthur?
7. What confuses Jared about the walk and what does he remember from the Field Guide?
8. What does Mallory ask Simon about what he brings on the walk and what is his response?
9. What begins to make the children nervous and what happens as they reach a meadow?
10. What did Mallory find that has them all excited and what do they find out about Arthur through her find?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)