|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda have to be sedated?
(a) She sees Thimbletack.
(b) From the stress of her niece and nephews fighting.
(c) She is screaming about trolls.
(d) She sees her grandmother in a vision and tries to leave the room.
2. What does Mallory insist she did not do?
(a) Tell her aunt a lie about the Faeries.
(b) Steal the Field Guide.
(c) Eat any of her aunt's cookies.
(d) Make Thimbletack leave the house.
3. Who disagrees with Jared about what may have happened to Arthur?
4. Where do the children tell the elves the Field Guide is?
(a) Their aunt has it.
(b) The griffon has it.
(c) They have no idea where the book is.
(d) With Thimbletack.
5. What color of hair does the brown-skinned creature have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared remember about sod?
2. What do the children hear?
3. Why is Mallory happy?
4. What does Mallory ask the elves?
5. What does Jared ask about the goblins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Jared about the walk and what does he remember from the Field Guide?
2. What does Simon suggest about Mallory's find and what is her response?
3. How does Helen react to Jared and Mallory fighting in Lucinda's room and what happens to Lucinda?
4. Why is Jared nervous, what does he ask the three and what is their response?
5. What begins to make the children nervous and what happens as they reach a meadow?
6. What is Mallory's question about the bargain and what does Jared say to them?
7. What do they ask the rabbit-monkey creature they see and what does he answer? What does Jared decide about him? What does he say when they ask about Arthur?
8. What do the children do when they return from the barn?
9. What happens with the children when they walk up the hill?
10. How does Mallory feel about the guide being gone and what does Jared say to her about it?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)