|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared remember about sod?
(a) How it makes people lose their way.
(c) How it is only on the surface of the earth.
(d) How it can hold many secrets.
2. How does Mallory threaten Simon?
(a) To slap him with her sword.
(b) To punch him in the face.
(c) To feed him to the griffin.
(d) To toss him through the doorway of the Fantastical World.
3. Why does Jared instruct his siblings to take such an action?
(a) To prepare to fly.
(b) To find the correct direction of the doorway.
(c) To keep the grass from misdirecting them.
(d) So the grass can feel their skin and direct them.
4. What does the creature turn out to be?
(a) A flying faerie.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) An ogre.
5. What does Lucinda have to be sedated?
(a) From the stress of her niece and nephews fighting.
(b) She sees Thimbletack.
(c) She is screaming about trolls.
(d) She sees her grandmother in a vision and tries to leave the room.
6. What does Simon hope to do in the Fantastical World?
(a) Find his father.
(b) Meet the Faerie queen.
(c) He does not want to go into the Fantastical World.
(d) Catch some creatures.
7. Where does Simon suggest they look for more information?
(a) The attic.
(b) The basement.
(c) The place on the map marked as the meeting place.
(d) The public library.
8. What does Mallory do to Simon?
(a) Forces his shirt inside out.
(b) Makes him give her his net.
(c) Makes him return home.
(d) Hugs him and tells him not to be frightened.
9. What is a phooka?
(a) A rabbit in Faerie language.
(b) A shape shifter.
(c) A baby griffon.
(d) A baby troll.
10. What does Simon suggest?
(a) Burning the map.
(b) Following the map.
(c) Taking the map to a cartographer for examination.
(d) Not touching the map since it might be enchanted.
11. Who disagrees with Jared about what may have happened to Arthur?
12. What is Jared doing on the way home?
(a) Eating sugar cookies.
(b) Talking with an unseen creature.
13. What happens to Jared when he touches Mallory?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He falls to the ground.
(c) He is drawn into a vision she is having.
(d) He screams.
14. What surprise the talking animal?
(a) That Mallory has a sword.
(b) That Jared's shirt is not inside out.
(c) That Mallory is a girl.
(d) That Simon's shirt is inside out.
15. What does Jared want to show Lucinda?
(a) The picture of his father.
(b) The note and map.
(d) The griffin's egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen think fresh air and exercise will help her children?
2. When do three reatures from the Fantastical World enter the meadow?
3. What do they ask the animal?
4. What does Simon suddenly do?
5. What does Lorengorm say?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)