|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jared instruct his siblings to take such an action?
(a) To prepare to fly.
(b) So the grass can feel their skin and direct them.
(c) To find the correct direction of the doorway.
(d) To keep the grass from misdirecting them.
2. What does the phooka say about humans in the Fantastical World?
(a) They are very short lived.
(b) They forget they are human.
(c) They live a long time.
(d) They become Faeries.
3. Who is the first of the three creatures to speak?
(a) The green-skinned female.
(b) The white-skinned male.
(c) The red-skinned male.
(d) The purple-skinned female.
4. How does Mallory threaten Simon?
(a) To feed him to the griffin.
(b) To slap him with her sword.
(c) To toss him through the doorway of the Fantastical World.
(d) To punch him in the face.
5. What does Mallory think about following the map?
(a) It might be dangerous.
(b) It will be fruitless.
(c) It will be fun.
(d) She has no opinion.
6. Why do the children search the library?
(a) To learn about their aunt's past.
(b) To find information on the Fantastical World.
(c) To find information on Thimbletack.
(d) To find the guide.
7. What does the person who made the sketch want Simon to do with it?
(a) Hang it on the wall.
(b) Leave it in the book where Simon found it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Throw it out.
8. What does Jared point out about the faeries and the book?
(a) The faeries are probably using the excuse of the book to be mean.
(b) The book probably never existed.
(c) It must be something that gives them power.
(d) They did not believe their aunt, so they won't believe the children.
9. Who is Lorengorm?
(a) The yellow-haired elf.
(b) The green-haired elf.
(c) The green-skinned male.
(d) The red-haired elf.
10. What is ahead of the children on the path?
(a) Several Brownies.
11. What does Jared instruct his siblings to do?
(a) Turn their shirts inside out.
(b) Take off their shoes.
(c) Spread their arms out at shoulder height.
(d) Turn in a circle three times.
12. Why is Mallory happy?
(a) That Jared is listening to reason.
(b) That her aunt is calm again.
(c) That the Field Guide is gone.
(d) That her mother is punishing Jared.
13. Where does Simon suggest they look for more information?
(a) The public library.
(b) The place on the map marked as the meeting place.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
14. What happens to Jared when he touches Mallory?
(a) He is drawn into a vision she is having.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He falls to the ground.
(d) He screams.
15. Where do the children go after getting back the way they came?
(a) Back to the barn.
(b) Into the water.
(c) Up into a tree.
(d) Back up the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared ask about the goblins?
2. What surprise the talking animal?
3. Why does Jared feel excited?
4. What is Jared trying to remember?
5. What is Mallory's stipulation about what her brothers want to do?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)