|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jared trying to remember?
(a) Something his mother said about Arthur.
(b) Something his mother said about Lucinda.
(c) What his father said just before leaving.
(d) What the Field Guide instructed.
2. Why do the children search the library?
(a) To find information on the Fantastical World.
(b) To find information on Thimbletack.
(c) To find the guide.
(d) To learn about their aunt's past.
3. Who do the children decide to visit?
(a) The griffin.
(d) Their aunt again.
4. What does Jared instruct his siblings to do?
(a) Take off their shoes.
(b) Turn in a circle three times.
(c) Turn their shirts inside out.
(d) Spread their arms out at shoulder height.
5. Why does Simon grab Jared?
(a) To show him something out the window.
(b) To shake him awake.
(c) To pull him away from the unseen creature.
(d) To keep Jared from hitting Mallory.
6. Why is Jared nervous?
(a) Because the elves are so ugly.
(b) Because the Faerie Queen is so big.
(c) Because the elves have frozen Mallory and Simon from moving.
(d) Because the elves show no emotion.
7. When do three reatures from the Fantastical World enter the meadow?
(a) When the trees begin walking.
(b) When the trees part.
(c) When the Faerie Queen sends lighting.
(d) When the tress start to sing.
8. What do the children hear?
(a) A scream.
(b) Distant laughter.
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) A wolf howl.
9. How would humans be if they knew the secrets in the Field Guild?
(a) Like robots.
(b) Even more destructive.
(c) A danger to themselves.
10. What color of hair does the brown-skinned creature have?
11. What keeps Simon and Mallory from fighting?
(a) A troll appears and scares them all.
(d) The griffon.
12. Who does Simon think stole Jared's book?
(a) Simon does not believe Jared ever had the book in the first place.
13. What does Jared remember about sod?
(b) How it makes people lose their way.
(c) How it is only on the surface of the earth.
(d) How it can hold many secrets.
14. What color of skin do two of the creatures have?
15. Who is Lorengorm?
(a) The red-haired elf.
(b) The yellow-haired elf.
(c) The green-haired elf.
(d) The green-skinned male.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jared when he touches Mallory?
2. How does Helen think fresh air and exercise will help her children?
3. What does Simon hope to do in the Fantastical World?
4. What do the children decide to do with the marbles?
5. What does the creature turn out to be?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)