|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of animal comes out of the forest?
(a) A bat-like creature.
(b) A huge bull-like creature.
(c) A giant, ugly thing similar to a troll.
(d) A white deer-like creature.
2. What keeps Simon and Mallory from fighting?
(a) A troll appears and scares them all.
(b) The griffon.
3. What is Jared doing on the way home?
(c) Talking with an unseen creature.
(d) Eating sugar cookies.
4. What color of hair does the brown-skinned creature have?
5. What does Jared say about human beliefs?
(a) They believe in not harming other creatures.
(b) They believe in helping each other.
(c) They no longer believe in Faeries or Fantastical Worlds.
(d) They believe in sharing.
6. When do three reatures from the Fantastical World enter the meadow?
(a) When the tress start to sing.
(b) When the Faerie Queen sends lighting.
(c) When the trees part.
(d) When the trees begin walking.
7. Why does Jared instruct his siblings to take such an action?
(a) To prepare to fly.
(b) So the grass can feel their skin and direct them.
(c) To keep the grass from misdirecting them.
(d) To find the correct direction of the doorway.
8. What is a phooka?
(a) A rabbit in Faerie language.
(b) A shape shifter.
(c) A baby troll.
(d) A baby griffon.
9. What does Lucinda have to be sedated?
(a) From the stress of her niece and nephews fighting.
(b) She is screaming about trolls.
(c) She sees her grandmother in a vision and tries to leave the room.
(d) She sees Thimbletack.
10. Who is the first of the three creatures to speak?
(a) The red-skinned male.
(b) The white-skinned male.
(c) The green-skinned female.
(d) The purple-skinned female.
11. What is Jared trying to remember?
(a) What the Field Guide instructed.
(b) Something his mother said about Arthur.
(c) What his father said just before leaving.
(d) Something his mother said about Lucinda.
12. Where are the children walking?
(a) Up a hill.
(b) By the water's edge.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) In a cleared meadow.
13. What does Mallory insist she did not do?
(a) Make Thimbletack leave the house.
(b) Steal the Field Guide.
(c) Tell her aunt a lie about the Faeries.
(d) Eat any of her aunt's cookies.
14. What is the cost of the children's freedom?
(a) The Field Guide.
(b) Their willingness to destroy the gateway.
(c) Their silence.
(d) The griffon who had escaped.
15. What does Jared ask about the goblins?
(a) Why the elves tolerate goblins.
(b) If there are goblins in the Fantastical World.
(c) The subject of goblins does not arise.
(d) Why the elves sent goblins after humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elves admit about the Field Guide?
2. How would humans be if they knew the secrets in the Field Guild?
3. What does Mallory take for their walk?
4. What does Mallory ask the elves?
5. What does Lorengorm say?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)