• Jared Grace is trying to turn his clothes inside out as protection against pranks played on him by a house brownie.
• He is not able to put his jeans back on inside out but at least has managed to turn his shirt.
• Thimbletack, the brownie is putting mud in Jared's shoes, cutting his eyelashes and peeing on his pillow.
• Simon, Jared's brother's cat is getting blamed by their mother. The pranks started after Jared forced the brownie to give up a seeing stone.
• In order to make peace with Thimbletack Jared offers the stone back but the brownie is unmoved.
• Mallory, Jared's sister, calls him downstairs and he trips and falls as his shoelaces are tied together. Mallory is holding up a water glass.
• His sister asks Jared to taste the water. He doesn't do so immediately, instead grabbing a piece of meat for Bryon the griffin...
This section contains 2,338 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)