|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are they concerned about a salvage mission?
(a) People might get killed out there.
(b) They might not find anything and it isn't worth the risk.
(c) The manpower to defend the ranch would be depleted.
(d) Transporting the salvaged goods.
2. What does Jackie say about the situation for blacks?
(a) That the blacks got what they wanted--no authority.
(b) That it is probably the end of the black race.
(c) That blacks have a better chance of survival since they have been survivals all their lives.
(d) That the whites won't share with the blacks.
3. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
(a) He volunteers.
(b) He is the closest to the Brotherhood boats.
(c) He had served in Vietnam.
(d) He is knowledgeable about explosives.
4. Why does Harry think the stronghold will want Dan Forrester?
(a) Because he's an engineer.
(b) Because he's a doctor.
(c) Because he's a special forces graduate.
(d) Because of his knowledge and his book.
5. What does Tim do?
(a) He grabs his pistol and hides behind a rock.
(b) He picks up a rifle and goes to check on the pass.
(c) A yells for help.
(d) He shoots at the vulture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harvey supposed to do?
2. What ultimately stops the brotherhood army?
3. Who does Dan encounter in the forest?
4. Where are Harvey and Mark at the opening of this chapter?
5. Why does the New Brotherhood Army use cannibalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
2. How does Harvey convince Al that he is a valuable addition to the needs of the people in this area?
3. What is one of the purposes of the meeting to which Harvey has been summoned?
4. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
5. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
6. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
7. What does Beck say about the New Brotherhood Army?
8. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
9. What are a couple cultural changes that have happened with the comet strike?
10. What idea does Dan Forrester have to stop the New Brotherhood Army and does it seem plausible?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)