|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the meeting?
(a) Whether it is a good plan to send out a salvage crew.
(b) Whether more greenhouses need erecting.
(c) Whether the power supply will be sufficient for the winter cold.
(d) Where guns can be found.
2. Over what are fights erupting in Alim's group?
(a) Over the plans for the group.
(b) Over women.
(c) Over food.
(d) Over the few guns.
3. Whose home will Harvey's group be passing?
(b) Marie's parents'.
(c) Mark's parents'.
(d) Senator Jellison's.
4. Who is Deke expecting to attack his farm?
(a) The military group called the New Brotherhood Army.
(b) The boy scouts.
(c) The bikers.
(d) No one.
5. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
(a) His life.
(c) His food, a pot, and his windbreaker.
(d) His boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George think should be done with the remaining brotherhood who are prisoners?
2. Who leaves to go save the power plant?
3. What are Tim and Eileen sitting out while they eat?
4. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
5. What does Dan learn from the encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
2. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
3. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
4. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
5. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
6. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
7. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
8. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
9. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
10. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)