|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry think the stronghold will want Dan Forrester?
(a) Because he's an engineer.
(b) Because he's a special forces graduate.
(c) Because he's a doctor.
(d) Because of his knowledge and his book.
2. What is the group comprised of who is assigned to help Harvey?
(a) Old men and women.
(b) Young men and teens.
(c) Middle-aged men with prior combat experience.
(d) No one.
3. Who are some of the people at the meeting?
(a) The major and police chief, as well as George Christopher.
(b) Just Al and Mark.
(c) Just Jellison and Al.
(d) Al, Mark, Harvey and Jellison.
4. Why are there girls at the camp?
(a) They were camping at the same National Park as the boys.
(b) They met up before the comet hit.
(c) They saved the boys from a female bear and her cubs.
(d) The boys rescued them from some bikers.
5. Why does Harvey think the salvage mission needs to go now?
(a) They need medicines.
(b) They need more fire power.
(c) Anything under water will be ruined by spring.
(d) The goods will be salvaged by others by spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim do?
2. What are Harvey and Mark doing?
3. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
4. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
5. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
2. What does Jackie say is ironic about the situation of the blacks since the comet strike?
3. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
4. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
5. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
6. What does Beck say about the New Brotherhood Army?
7. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
8. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
9. How does Harvey convince Al that he is a valuable addition to the needs of the people in this area?
10. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)