|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harvey find his son?
(a) With other dead boys and Gordie who is barely alive.
(b) With some dead girl scouts.
(c) At camp full of boy and girl scouts and Gordie.
(d) He never finds his son.
2. What are Tim and Eileen sitting out while they eat?
(a) A forest fire.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A hurricane.
3. What is Rick Delanty doing?
(a) Looking for Senator Jellison.
(b) Making bows and arrows.
(c) Going through a flooded home in search of anything that might be useful.
(d) Hooking up a water-powered generator.
4. What is the topic of the meeting?
(a) Where guns can be found.
(b) Whether it is a good plan to send out a salvage crew.
(c) Whether the power supply will be sufficient for the winter cold.
(d) Whether more greenhouses need erecting.
5. What are Harvey and Mark doing?
(a) Building irrigation drains.
(b) Splitting rocks.
(c) Weeding corn rows.
(d) Planting vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Harvey to a meeting?
2. Where are Harvey and Mark at the opening of this chapter?
3. Who arrives at the Jellison Ranch?
4. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
5. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
2. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
3. What does Harvey find when he goes to search for his son and the other Boy Scouts and do you think Harvey makes the right decision?
4. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
5. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
6. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
7. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
8. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
9. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
10. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
This section contains 1,460 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)