|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Harvey to a meeting?
(b) Alice Cox.
2. What does Dan learn from the encounter?
(a) That some people have already taken to cannibalism.
(b) That there is a stronghold three miles northeast that might offer him shelter.
(c) That the West Coast is basically gone.
(d) That it is safest to go west.
3. Who is Deke expecting to attack his farm?
(a) The boy scouts.
(b) No one.
(c) The military group called the New Brotherhood Army.
(d) The bikers.
4. What is the topic of the meeting?
(a) Where guns can be found.
(b) Whether it is a good plan to send out a salvage crew.
(c) Whether the power supply will be sufficient for the winter cold.
(d) Whether more greenhouses need erecting.
5. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
(a) Goes through pastures rather than on the rough cement road.
(b) Finds some railroad tracks and drives on them.
(d) Deflates the tires slightly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan think they should save the power plant?
2. Who leaves to go save the power plant?
3. Who arrives at the Jellison Ranch?
4. Why are there girls at the camp?
5. Who sacrifices his life to save the power plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
2. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
3. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
4. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
5. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
6. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
7. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
8. What does Beck say about the New Brotherhood Army?
9. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
10. What is one of the purposes of the meeting to which Harvey has been summoned?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)