|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
(a) He must bring in enough food for his group for the winter.
(b) There is not enough food.
(c) They don't want any useless people.
(d) He can join them after this first winter.
2. Who sacrifices his life to save the power plant?
(a) Johnny Baker.
(b) Barry White.
(c) The mayor of Los Angeles.
(d) Al Molson.
3. Who is Deke expecting to attack his farm?
(a) The military group called the New Brotherhood Army.
(b) No one.
(c) The boy scouts.
(d) The bikers.
4. What does Deke figure out about Alim's group?
(a) They will not challenge the Jellison ranch.
(b) They will probably go to his home.
(c) They will probably challenge the Jellison ranch.
(d) They will probably have to be eliminated before getting any stronger.
5. What does George think should be done with the remaining brotherhood who are prisoners?
(a) Given the option of suicide.
(b) Released with no weapons.
(c) He thinks they should be put to death.
(d) Their right hand cut off and let loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides what Bonar can take with him?
2. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
3. Over what are fights erupting in Alim's group?
4. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
5. What does Harvey do to quell the argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie say is ironic about the situation of the blacks since the comet strike?
2. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
3. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
4. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
5. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
6. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
7. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
8. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
9. How does Harvey convince Al that he is a valuable addition to the needs of the people in this area?
10. What are a couple cultural changes that have happened with the comet strike?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)