|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
(a) No one.
(b) Men and women from all over the valley.
(c) People from a fishing village on the way.
(d) A few of the disillusioned from the Brotherhood.
2. Who decides what Bonar can take with him?
3. Why does the New Brotherhood Army use cannibalism?
(a) As a ritual to ensure loyalty.
(b) They don't have enough food.
(c) They believe that eating their enemies strengthen them.
(d) They like to torture people.
4. Who is arriving at the ranch?
(a) No one; it's a false alarm.
(b) Deke Wilson and the astronauts.
(d) Gordie and the boy scouts.
5. What does Jackie say about the situation for blacks?
(a) That it is probably the end of the black race.
(b) That blacks have a better chance of survival since they have been survivals all their lives.
(c) That the blacks got what they wanted--no authority.
(d) That the whites won't share with the blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sacrifices his life to save the power plant?
2. Who attends the court proceedings?
3. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
4. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
5. What has been erected around the Jellison property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
2. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
3. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
4. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
5. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
6. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
7. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
8. What are a couple cultural changes that have happened with the comet strike?
9. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
10. What does Beck say about the New Brotherhood Army?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)