|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harvey say about the amount of food allotted to them?
(a) It's not enough for manual labor.
(b) It is sufficient.
(c) It's amazingly generous.
(d) It's more than he believed he'd get.
2. Who of the brotherhood is killed?
(a) Many including Alim.
(b) Only ten or so.
(c) It's uncertain.
(d) All of them.
3. Who does Alim's group find?
(a) Senator Jellison's ranch.
(b) Deke Wilson's home.
(c) The astronauts.
(d) Hook's small group of men.
4. Who is Deke expecting to attack his farm?
(a) The bikers.
(b) The boy scouts.
(c) No one.
(d) The military group called the New Brotherhood Army.
5. What does Harvey do to quell the argument?
(a) Slaps both of them.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Pulls out his pistol.
(d) Checks the map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
2. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
3. What is Rick Delanty doing?
4. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
5. What does Maureen think is best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
2. What idea does Dan Forrester have to stop the New Brotherhood Army and does it seem plausible?
3. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
4. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
5. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
6. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
7. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
8. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
9. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
10. What does Jackie say is ironic about the situation of the blacks since the comet strike?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)