|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
(a) His food, a pot, and his windbreaker.
(b) His boots.
(d) His life.
2. What question does Jellison ask of the group?
(a) To take a few supplies and continue on immediately.
(b) If they will leave the women there and go on.
(c) What they can contribute to the survival of the group.
(d) To stay the night and leave in the morning.
3. Who does Alim's group find?
(a) Senator Jellison's ranch.
(b) Hook's small group of men.
(c) The astronauts.
(d) Deke Wilson's home.
4. Where does Harvey find his son?
(a) With other dead boys and Gordie who is barely alive.
(b) He never finds his son.
(c) At camp full of boy and girl scouts and Gordie.
(d) With some dead girl scouts.
5. What does Tim hear?
(a) The sound of a kitchen timer.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A scream.
(d) A vulture screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Rick heard?
2. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
3. Where are Harvey and Mark at the opening of this chapter?
4. Why does Dan think they should save the power plant?
5. What does Tim want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
2. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
3. What is one of the purposes of the meeting to which Harvey has been summoned?
4. What does Beck say about the New Brotherhood Army?
5. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
6. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
7. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
8. What does Jackie say is ironic about the situation of the blacks since the comet strike?
9. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
10. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)