|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends the court proceedings?
(a) The entire complex.
(b) No one but the accused and judge.
(c) Who ever is interested.
(d) Armed guards.
2. Who is expecting a child?
(a) Harvey and Maureen.
(b) No one yet.
(c) Tim and Eileen.
(d) Gordie and the young woman he is with.
3. Under whom has the power plant been operating?
(a) Havey's old boss.
(b) No one.
(c) Barry Price.
(d) The mayor of Los Angeles.
4. What has been erected around the Jellison property?
(a) Crosses to mark graves.
(b) A fifteen foot fence.
(d) An obstacle course to train men and women.
5. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
(a) Doctor Jones.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) Doctor Cowles.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what are fights erupting in Alim's group?
2. Why does Dan think they should save the power plant?
3. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
4. Who arrives at the Jellison Ranch?
5. What does Dan learn from the encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
2. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
3. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
4. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
5. What does Maureen struggle with when she is out inventorying supplies in the area?
6. What does Harvey find when he goes to search for his son and the other Boy Scouts and do you think Harvey makes the right decision?
7. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
8. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
9. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
10. What are Maureen's thoughts about the prisoners from the Brotherhood and do you agree with her?
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)