|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arguing when Harvey wakes?
(a) Marie and Mark.
(b) Marie and Gordie.
(c) Mark and Andy.
(d) Andy and Gordie.
2. What question does Jellison ask of the group?
(a) What they can contribute to the survival of the group.
(b) To stay the night and leave in the morning.
(c) If they will leave the women there and go on.
(d) To take a few supplies and continue on immediately.
3. What does Hugo Beck say Armitage is preaching?
(a) The comet is punishment from God.
(b) That all works of man should be destroyed.
(c) The comet is a way of rearranging the power structure of society.
(d) The comet is Satan showing his power.
4. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
(a) Los Angeles for more scavanging.
(b) San Joaquin Nuclear Plant.
(c) Inland where there is power and more arable land.
(d) Deke Wilson's farm.
5. Who does Dan encounter in the forest?
(a) A man in a ragged military uniform.
(b) A group of escaped convicts.
(c) Harvey and Mark.
(d) His best friend and friend's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
2. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
3. What is Rick Delanty doing?
4. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
5. When Tim comes up from under the water, what does he see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
2. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
3. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
4. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
5. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
6. How does Tim and his group get admitted to the ranch?
7. What idea does Dan Forrester have to stop the New Brotherhood Army and does it seem plausible?
8. What does Jackie say is ironic about the situation of the blacks since the comet strike?
9. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
10. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)