|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately stops the brotherhood army?
(a) A small tactical nuke.
(b) A bad earthquake.
(c) Mustard gas.
2. Who is driving while Eileen sleeps?
(d) No one.
3. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
(a) He is knowledgeable about explosives.
(b) He volunteers.
(c) He is the closest to the Brotherhood boats.
(d) He had served in Vietnam.
4. What does Jellison hold as the need arises?
(a) Planning sessions.
(d) All the weapons.
5. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
(a) San Joaquin Nuclear Plant.
(b) Deke Wilson's farm.
(c) Inland where there is power and more arable land.
(d) Los Angeles for more scavanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dan encounter in the forest?
2. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
3. What does Dan lose in the encounter?
4. What does Maureen think is best?
5. Under whom has the power plant been operating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a couple cultural changes that have happened with the comet strike?
2. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
3. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
4. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
5. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
6. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
7. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
8. How does the Reverend Armitage contribute to the unsavory things Alim and Hooker's group are already doing?
9. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
10. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)