|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harvey take over driving?
(a) He decides it's time for him to stop wallowing in self pity.
(b) He wants to distract himself.
(c) He thinks Mark is reckless.
(d) He thinks Marie is reckless.
2. What does Jackie say about the situation for blacks?
(a) That the whites won't share with the blacks.
(b) That blacks have a better chance of survival since they have been survivals all their lives.
(c) That it is probably the end of the black race.
(d) That the blacks got what they wanted--no authority.
3. What are Harvey and Mark doing?
(a) Building irrigation drains.
(b) Weeding corn rows.
(c) Splitting rocks.
(d) Planting vegetables.
4. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
(a) Finds some railroad tracks and drives on them.
(b) Deflates the tires slightly.
(d) Goes through pastures rather than on the rough cement road.
5. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
(a) That Los Angeles is hardly touched.
(b) That the President is alive and working on relief for the hardest hit areas.
(c) All about what's going on in the area around the ranch.
(d) That the power plant is online already.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harvey supposed to do?
2. What does Tim want?
3. Who are some of the people at the meeting?
4. What are Tim and Eileen sitting out while they eat?
5. What does Dan learn from the encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harvey find when he goes to search for his son and the other Boy Scouts and do you think Harvey makes the right decision?
2. What decision does Jellison make about Bonar and do you agree with his decision?
3. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
4. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
5. What is the difficult part about guard duty at the Jellison stronghold?
6. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
7. Discuss Maureen's conversation with the Reverend Varley and her response to it.
8. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
9. How does Harvey convince Al that he is a valuable addition to the needs of the people in this area?
10. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)