|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom has the power plant been operating?
(a) No one.
(b) Havey's old boss.
(c) Barry Price.
(d) The mayor of Los Angeles.
2. What does Hugo Beck say Armitage is preaching?
(a) The comet is a way of rearranging the power structure of society.
(b) That all works of man should be destroyed.
(c) The comet is punishment from God.
(d) The comet is Satan showing his power.
3. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
(a) There is not enough food.
(b) He must bring in enough food for his group for the winter.
(c) He can join them after this first winter.
(d) They don't want any useless people.
4. What does Harvey say about the amount of food allotted to them?
(a) It's more than he believed he'd get.
(b) It is sufficient.
(c) It's not enough for manual labor.
(d) It's amazingly generous.
5. Who are some of the people at the meeting?
(a) The major and police chief, as well as George Christopher.
(b) Just Jellison and Al.
(c) Al, Mark, Harvey and Jellison.
(d) Just Al and Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey do to quell the argument?
2. What does Jellison tell Bonar?
3. Whose home will Harvey's group be passing?
4. What does Andy ask when he sees his father?
5. What does Dan learn from the encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
2. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
3. How does Harvey convince Al that he is a valuable addition to the needs of the people in this area?
4. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
5. What does Al tell Harvey about Maureen?
6. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
7. What does it seem the general philosophy of life is now for most people?
8. What is one of the purposes of the meeting to which Harvey has been summoned?
9. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
10. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)