|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the red alert, who joins Rosten and Luce in the bunker?
(a) The vice president.
(b) A sergeant, who is assigned to stand watch at the door.
(c) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(d) The president.
2. Who is among the officers who cuts the chains to arrest the white-robed fanatics.
3. What does Harry Newcombe have once a week?
(a) A drink in honor of his deceased wife.
(b) A day hiking in the hills near his home.
(c) Trash day.
(d) A day at a health spa.
4. Where does Harvey say his son Andy can go?
(a) Hiking with the Boy Scouts.
(b) To visit his grandmother in Wyoming.
(c) To a rock concert in San Jose.
(d) To the beach surfing.
5. What is no longer considered any good?
(a) The water.
(b) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when he cannot get past the cracks in the road?
2. What does Mayor Seitz do?
3. Who is killed on the way to Harvey's house?
4. What does Senator Jellison hear while monitoring the astronauts' radio?
5. Who wants to meet the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harvey's reaction to what he finds and do you understand his reaction?
2. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
3. How does Harvey help Maureen resolve her inner conflict?
4. Who finds Harvey and what do they do?
5. Define the literary term "comic relief" and give an example of it from this section.
6. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
7. What are some people resorting to as they try to survive and what do you think of the idea?
8. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
9. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
10. Why is the rain that is falling salty?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)