|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Major Bennet Rosten and Captain Harold Luce waiting commands.
(a) In SAC headquarters.
(b) In a bunker in Wyoming.
(c) In a bunker near Washington, D.C.
(d) In a bunker somewhere in the Northeast.
2. Why is a bearded man on Ocean Blvd calling out to others?
(a) For help as he is stuck under some debris.
(b) For money.
(c) To have them pray.
(d) For his lot dog.
3. What does Tim tell the men at the collapsed tunnel about California?
(a) It suffers minimal damage.
(b) It is fine.
(c) It is gone.
(d) Most of it is under water.
4. What forms over Mexico?
(a) A hail of comet debris.
(b) A huge hurricane.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A thundercloud of immense proportions.
5. Why does Tim decline to go with the Ranger?
(a) He thinks the ranger has enough to worry about already.
(b) He wants to get to Oklahoma.
(c) Tim says it's easier for small groups to feed themselves.
(d) He and Eileen want to meet up with Harvey and his group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives as Harvey is almost asleep?
2. Who is among the officers who cuts the chains to arrest the white-robed fanatics.
3. How do Tim and Eileen manage to get away from the city?
4. About what does Leonilla complain?
5. What does Barry Price do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
2. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
3. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
4. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
5. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
6. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
7. What do Tim and Eileen do after leaving the observatory and what is your analysis of their actions?
8. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
9. What do Tim and Eileen find when they arrive at Tujunga and what is the implication?
10. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
This section contains 1,638 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)