|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Leonilla complain?
(a) About some policies of Russia's space program.
(b) That the comet is behind the moon.
(c) The fact that they are missing seeing the comet come to earth.
(d) The bad food on the space station.
2. Why does Frank lay the motorcycles down?
(a) So they won't fall over in a quake.
(b) To work on the chains.
(c) To drain the gas out of the tanks completely.
(d) To do an oil change.
3. What does Baker think is the answer to the earth's problems?
(a) Colonizing other planets.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) Mandatory pollution control by a world-wide governing body.
(d) Mandatory population control.
4. How do the Sinanians die?
(a) They survive the comet hit on their home and are alive.
(b) The wife of natural causes and the husband of suicide.
(c) A motorcycle gang.
(d) A comet lands squarely on their house.
5. What is forming in Tujunga?
(a) A series of tremors.
(b) A soup line.
(c) A memorial.
(d) A crack the size of the Grand Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Delores?
2. What does Senator Jellison hear while monitoring the astronauts' radio?
3. For what city are the archaeologists searching?
4. Why does Fred Lauren murder Colleen?
5. What is Rick Delanty's claim to fame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
2. What do Tim and Eileen find when they arrive at Tujunga and what is the implication?
3. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
4. Why is the rain that is falling salty?
5. What does it say about Tim and Eileen that they agree to take four of the children and about Larry who refuses to harm Tim and Eileen?
6. Describe the activities aboard the space shuttle and comment upon the conversation.
7. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
8. Who finds Harvey and what do they do?
9. What exchange between Barry and Delores seems to remove some pressure from Barry?
10. Why do most scientists misjudge the path of the comet before it hits earth?
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)