|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Tim and Eileen almost drive off the road?
(a) When they are almost to the observatory.
(b) At a collapsed road.
(c) They are on foot and not driving.
(d) Right after leaving Tujunga.
2. Who meets Tim and Eileen at the observatory?
(b) Marty Robbins.
(c) Tim's boss.
(d) No one.
3. What have the thieves taken?
(b) Harvey's jerky and vitamins.
(c) Harvey's gun collection.
(d) Harvey's son.
4. Who tries to take Harry to town?
5. What happens to Harry at Carrie Roman's house?
(a) He is given lunch.
(b) He is told to leave.
(c) Nothing; no one is home.
(d) He is shot at.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barry Price do?
2. What is included in Loretta's survival kit?
3. What is one thing Russia did in its space program according to Leonilla?
4. What happens to Norm?
5. What does Tim share with Eileen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Frank, Mark and Joanne in the desert?
2. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
3. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
4. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
5. Briefly describe Tim and Eileen's journey by car to the observatory.
6. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
7. Identify who you think are the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and two or three secondary characters and why.
8. Who is Alim Nasser and how does he choose unwisely to face the situation about the comet strike?
9. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
10. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
This section contains 1,548 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)