|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barry tell Delores?
(a) That the plant is to be shut down indefinitely.
(b) That the plant is to be shut down until after the comet passes.
(c) That the plant is approved to go online Tuesday.
(d) That he is quitting as manager of the plant.
2. Who is driving the travel all as they leave Harvey's house?
3. Why does Gil think he might live?
(a) He is sixty feet underground in a bunker.
(b) He is nowhere near any comet strikes.
(c) He beats the water to the top of the tsunami wave.
(d) He is an optimist.
4. Where do Tim and Eileen almost drive off the road?
(a) When they are almost to the observatory.
(b) Right after leaving Tujunga.
(c) At a collapsed road.
(d) They are on foot and not driving.
5. Where is Harry when an earthquake hits?
(a) In bed asleep.
(b) On his mail route.
(c) At Senator Jellison's ranch.
(d) Driving Jason to the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey suddenly realize?
2. Why does Tim decline to go with the Ranger?
3. What is one problem the nuclear plant is facing?
4. Who meets Tim and Eileen at the observatory?
5. What does Barry Price do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Tim and Eileen that they agree to take four of the children and about Larry who refuses to harm Tim and Eileen?
2. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
3. What is Harvey's reaction to what he finds and do you understand his reaction?
4. Who finds Harvey and what do they do?
5. How do Tim and Eileen use a clever ruse to make their way through the hysterical crowds?
6. Why is the rain that is falling salty?
7. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
8. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
9. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
10. How is the comet likened to a hot fudge sundae and what is the consequence of that analogy?
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)