|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Harry at Carrie Roman's house?
(a) He is given lunch.
(b) Nothing; no one is home.
(c) He is told to leave.
(d) He is shot at.
2. Why does Fred Lauren murder Colleen?
(a) She is married to a man Fred hates.
(b) He thinks the world is about to end so he does not care if he is caught.
(c) Fred is paronoid and thinks she is wiretapping him.
(d) She has taunted him constantly.
3. What are Charles Sharps and Dan Forrester doing?
(a) They are manning the conversations with the Hammerlab.
(b) They are climbing out of the wreckage of the lab.
(c) They are trying to reach Tim Hamner.
(d) They are gathering supplies for the bunker.
4. What is Tim Hamner hosting at his home?
(a) A party to watch the documentary about the comet.
(b) A party for his daughter's sixteenth birthday.
(c) A super bowl party.
(d) A party to celebrate he and his wife's anniversary.
5. What project is Harvey beginning?
(a) A documentary of the homeless in San Francisco.
(b) A documentary of the new rail system in L.A.
(c) A documentary of the Hopi Indians.
(d) A documentary of the comet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hammerlab realize the morning the comet is to arrive?
2. What does Harvey suddenly realize?
3. How do the Sinanians die?
4. What is one problem the nuclear plant is facing?
5. What is Harvey driving to get home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
2. What is Harry doing when the comet strikes and what is his response?
3. Why do most scientists misjudge the path of the comet before it hits earth?
4. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
5. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
6. How does Harry happen take up residence at a chicken ranch and do you think he has the right to do so?
7. What does it say about Tim and Eileen that they agree to take four of the children and about Larry who refuses to harm Tim and Eileen?
8. What do Tim and Eileen find when they arrive at Tujunga and what is the implication?
9. How is the comet likened to a hot fudge sundae and what is the consequence of that analogy?
10. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)