|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Tim and Eileen at the observatory?
(a) Marty Robbins.
(c) No one.
(d) Tim's boss.
2. What does the Hammerlab realize the morning the comet is to arrive?
(a) That the comet is twice the size they originally believed.
(b) The comet is missing earth by a couple light years.
(c) The comet's trajectory is nearer the Earth than anyone had thus far predicted.
(d) That the comet is smaller than thought.
3. What are Alim Nassor and his brother, Harold Davis, doing?
(a) Trying to figure out where is safe from the comet.
(b) Digging a comet shelter.
(c) Hiking in the Rockies.
(d) Casing houses of people who are leaving the city.
4. How do the Sinanians die?
(a) They survive the comet hit on their home and are alive.
(b) A motorcycle gang.
(c) A comet lands squarely on their house.
(d) The wife of natural causes and the husband of suicide.
5. Who is at the party with Senator Jellison?
(a) His mistress.
(b) No one.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter, Maureen.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Leonilla complain?
2. What does Harvey suddenly realize?
3. What does Tim encounter on his way to the lab?
4. What do Tim and Eileen try to buy?
5. What do Tim and Eileen decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry doing when the comet strikes and what is his response?
2. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
3. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
4. Why do most scientists misjudge the path of the comet before it hits earth?
5. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
6. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
7. Identify who you think are the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and two or three secondary characters and why.
8. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
9. How are Harvey and Gordie somewhat similar in their financial situations?
10. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)