|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harvey do?
(a) Calls his wife on the cell phone.
(b) Lies on the bed.
(c) Leaves in his travel all.
(d) Goes to the neighbor's house.
2. What does Sharps say are the odds of the comet hitting earth?
(a) Five to one.
(b) Fifty to one.
(c) A zillion to one.
(d) Ten to one.
3. Why is Rick Delanty delayed in doing his work?
(a) He was trading jobs with someone else.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He didn't know what his job was.
(d) He was sick.
4. What is Rick Delanty's claim to fame?
(a) He discovers a shift in the polar region that changes the earth's rotation.
(b) He will be first black man in space.
(c) He figures out how to divert the comet.
(d) He discovers the shift in the comet's trajectory.
5. What do Eric Larsen and his partner, Investigator Harris, come upon?
(a) A group of comet fanatics.
(b) A murder in progress.
(c) A church service already prayng about the coming disaster.
(d) Two young boys abandoned by their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Dan hear there is a large strike?
2. What is the Mucho Nombre Ranch?
3. Why does Frank lay the motorcycles down?
4. What does Harvey find in the bedroom?
5. What does Tim tell the men at the collapsed tunnel about California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry doing when the comet strikes and what is his response?
2. How is the comet likened to a hot fudge sundae and what is the consequence of that analogy?
3. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
4. Who is Alim Nasser and how does he choose unwisely to face the situation about the comet strike?
5. What exchange between Barry and Delores seems to remove some pressure from Barry?
6. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
7. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
8. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
9. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
10. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)