|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to take Harry to town?
2. Who is the "Brown" in the name of the comet?
(a) It is Tim's wife's name.
(b) It is the name of the lab where Tim works.
(c) It is Tim's boss's name.
(d) It is the name of a young man who discovers the comet about the same time as Tim Hamner.
3. How do Jason and Harry celebrate the announcement?
(a) With a six pack of beer.
(b) By throwing a party.
(c) With a bottle of champagne.
(d) With a cup of Brandy.
4. What does Tim advise the ranger?
(a) To go into survival mode and plant food.
(b) To hole up until the army arrives.
(d) To head for civilization.
5. What are Charles Sharps and Dan Forrester doing?
(a) They are manning the conversations with the Hammerlab.
(b) They are climbing out of the wreckage of the lab.
(c) They are trying to reach Tim Hamner.
(d) They are gathering supplies for the bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sharps' group decide to meet?
2. Why does Fred Lauren murder Colleen?
3. What engulfs the island where Willis and MacDonald are sitting?
4. What have the thieves taken?
5. What does Jellison suggest for survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
2. What exchange between Barry and Delores seems to remove some pressure from Barry?
3. Why do most scientists misjudge the path of the comet before it hits earth?
4. How does Harry happen take up residence at a chicken ranch and do you think he has the right to do so?
5. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
6. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
7. How are Harvey and Gordie somewhat similar in their financial situations?
8. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
9. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
10. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)