|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marty want to do?
(a) Make Tim and Eileen leave immediately.
(b) Have Tim help them figure out if the comet has completely passed.
(c) Invite Tim and Eileen to stay.
(d) Kill Tim and invite Eileen to stay.
2. What is no longer considered any good?
(b) The water.
(c) The law.
3. Who wants help to retaliate upon China?
(a) The USSR.
(b) Great Britain.
4. What do the friends do after laying the cycles down?
(a) They get into their sleeping bags and wait.
(b) They dance and sing songs to Gaia.
(c) They build a campfire.
(d) They pray.
5. Why is a bearded man on Ocean Blvd calling out to others?
(a) For money.
(b) For help as he is stuck under some debris.
(c) For his lot dog.
(d) To have them pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eileen Hancock?
2. Who says they will keep the children who are with Tim?
3. Who is in a deserted spot in the Santa Monica Mountains?
4. How do the Sinanians die?
5. What happens to Norm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the comet likened to a hot fudge sundae and what is the consequence of that analogy?
2. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
3. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
4. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
5. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
6. How are Harvey and Gordie somewhat similar in their financial situations?
7. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
8. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
9. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
10. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)