|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tim notice about his family?
(a) They do not seem to care about the comet.
(b) They are very close-knit.
(c) They all are so proud of him.
(d) They have grown apart.
2. How do Tim and Eileen manage to get away from the city?
(a) By comandeering a helicopter.
(b) By pretending to be reporters.
(c) By hitching a ride with Eric.
(d) By hijacking a car from a teen.
3. Who is Delores?
(a) Barry's sister.
(b) Harvey's wife.
(c) Barry's secretary and lover.
(d) Harvey's camera woman.
4. Who is driving the travel all as they leave Harvey's house?
5. What do Tim and Eileen find off the main road?
(a) Two horses grazing.
(b) A dead woman.
(c) A gravel road.
(d) A way to climb upwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Jellison hear while monitoring the astronauts' radio?
2. Who is killed on the way to Harvey's house?
3. Who wants help to retaliate upon China?
4. What do Tim and Eileen decide to do?
5. As Harvey makes his way inside, for what is he prepared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Frank, Mark and Joanne in the desert?
2. Briefly describe Tim and Eileen's journey by car to the observatory.
3. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
4. Describe the activities aboard the space shuttle and comment upon the conversation.
5. What does it say about Tim and Eileen that they agree to take four of the children and about Larry who refuses to harm Tim and Eileen?
6. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
7. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
8. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
9. Identify who you think are the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and two or three secondary characters and why.
10. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)