|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jakov say about women?
(a) They become irrational every 28 days.
(b) He does not like them.
(c) They are more rational then men.
(d) They cannot be rational but a couple days out of each month.
2. Why does Eric kill Fred?
(a) Fred asks Eric to do so.
(b) Because Eric believes no one deserves to die locked in a cell.
(c) Fred is hurt too badly to survive.
(d) Eric hates the man.
3. Where do Charles and Dan hear there is a large strike?
(a) Somewhere in the South Pacific.
(b) About three hundred miles from the communication center.
(c) Twenty miles from them.
(d) Near the California/Oregon border.
4. What are two things Alim and Harold plan to secure?
(a) Guns and food.
(b) A radio and lots of batteries.
(c) A shelter at least sixty feet deep.
(d) A car to get out of the city.
5. What does Tim tell the men at the collapsed tunnel about California?
(a) Most of it is under water.
(b) It is fine.
(c) It is gone.
(d) It suffers minimal damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harry when an earthquake hits?
2. What does Mabel see lightning hit?
3. What is one problem the nuclear plant is facing?
4. As Harvey makes his way inside, for what is he prepared?
5. What do Tim and Eileen do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify who you think are the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and two or three secondary characters and why.
2. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
3. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
4. What is one repercussion of the "gloom and doom" message preached by Henry Armitage and others?
5. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
6. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
7. Who is Alim Nasser and how does he choose unwisely to face the situation about the comet strike?
8. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
9. How does Harry happen take up residence at a chicken ranch and do you think he has the right to do so?
10. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)