|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sharps' group decide to meet?
(a) At the Jellison ranch.
(b) Near the Nevada border.
(c) In the hills outside Los Angeles.
(d) Somewhere in Oklahoma.
2. Who fires nuclear weapons upon the Soviets?
(d) The USA.
3. Who is at the party with Senator Jellison?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His daughter, Maureen.
(d) His mistress.
4. Why does Gil think he might live?
(a) He is an optimist.
(b) He beats the water to the top of the tsunami wave.
(c) He is sixty feet underground in a bunker.
(d) He is nowhere near any comet strikes.
5. What do the astronauts think about the earth?
(a) That it is old.
(b) They are thinking about the comet, not the earth.
(c) That it is very resilient.
(d) That it is fragile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonilla say must happen?
2. What forms over Mexico?
3. What is included in Loretta's survival kit?
4. Why does Sharps decide to call Senator Jellison?
5. What does Marty want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tim suggest about the power plant and what is the ultimate decision?
2. What is one of the purposes of the meeting to which Harvey has been summoned?
3. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
4. Why is Harvey designate to create obstacles for the New Brotherhood Army and what does he call himself?
5. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
6. Define the literary term "comic relief" and give an example of it from this section.
7. Most of the major characters are introduced in these first dozen or so chapters and much of what is written is about the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and secondary characters. Define those three terms.
8. What convinces Jellison to admit Harvey and his group to the ranch and what is the implication?
9. What does Harvey do and how do his tactics work on delaying the Brotherhood?
10. Why are Frank, Mark and Joanne in the desert?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)