|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rick Delanty delayed in doing his work?
(a) He was trading jobs with someone else.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He didn't know what his job was.
(d) He was confused.
2. Why do the astronauts consider aborting?
(a) They want to get back to their families.
(b) Their lab will likely be pelted with, at the least, high-velocity gravel.
(c) They are afraid of the future.
(d) They think they can help more on earth.
3. What does Jellison suggest forming?
(a) A council for making decisions.
(b) A new government with him as president.
(c) A vigilante group to keep order.
(d) A group to go out and help others.
4. What passes Tim and Eileen and goes off the bridge?
(a) A man on a bicycle.
(b) Another car.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A police cruiser.
5. What does Harry learn at the commune run by Beck?
(a) That the National Guard is maintaining martial law.
(b) That there is a roadblock up ahead.
(c) That the comet hit Earth.
(d) That Harry's home is destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey find in the bedroom?
2. Who wants help to retaliate upon China?
3. Why does Frank lay the motorcycles down?
4. How is the dog?
5. Who are the Sinanians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the activities aboard the space shuttle and comment upon the conversation.
2. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
3. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
4. Why does Harvey wonder about where Marie might be?
5. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
6. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
7. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
8. Who finds Harvey and what do they do?
9. What demonstrates how those who survive are the ones who concentrate on their own survival?
10. What do Tim and Eileen do after leaving the observatory and what is your analysis of their actions?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)