|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tim and Eileen find off the main road?
(a) A way to climb upwards.
(b) Two horses grazing.
(c) A gravel road.
(d) A dead woman.
2. What project is Harvey beginning?
(a) A documentary of the comet.
(b) A documentary of the Hopi Indians.
(c) A documentary of the homeless in San Francisco.
(d) A documentary of the new rail system in L.A.
3. What does Mabel see lightning hit?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) The St. Louis Arch.
4. What does Harvey find in the bedroom?
(a) Things Loretta is packing for survival.
(b) A note from his wife.
(c) His room is intact.
(d) His son is dead.
5. What do Eric Larsen and his partner, Investigator Harris, come upon?
(a) Two young boys abandoned by their parents.
(b) A church service already prayng about the coming disaster.
(c) A murder in progress.
(d) A group of comet fanatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants help to retaliate upon China?
2. Where are Major Bennet Rosten and Captain Harold Luce waiting commands.
3. What does Barry tell Delores?
4. What happens to Norm?
5. Why does Eric kill Fred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harvey wonder about where Marie might be?
2. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
3. Define the literary term "comic relief" and give an example of it from this section.
4. What is Harry doing when the comet strikes and what is his response?
5. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
6. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
7. What happens when Tim and Eileen try to buy a car and what is the implication?
8. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
9. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
10. How do Tim and Eileen use a clever ruse to make their way through the hysterical crowds?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)