|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is included in Loretta's survival kit?
(a) Pantyhose and make-up.
(b) Vitamins and sleeping pills.
(c) Guns and batteries.
(d) Chocolate and diet pills.
2. What does Tim notice about his family?
(a) They all are so proud of him.
(b) They are very close-knit.
(c) They have grown apart.
(d) They do not seem to care about the comet.
3. After the red alert, who joins Rosten and Luce in the bunker?
(a) The president.
(b) A sergeant, who is assigned to stand watch at the door.
(c) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(d) The vice president.
4. Who is driving the travel all as they leave Harvey's house?
5. Where is Tim Hamner at the opening of the book?
(a) Hiking in the Poconos.
(b) At a party.
(c) In the astronomy lab.
(d) At his son's bar mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Sinanians die?
2. What does Tim share with Eileen?
3. What do Tim and Eileen find off the main road?
4. Why does Fred Lauren murder Colleen?
5. What does Harvey do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the comet likened to a hot fudge sundae and what is the consequence of that analogy?
2. Describe a couple of Harry's "appointed rounds" and an evaluation of this man.
3. Briefly describe Tim and Eileen's journey by car to the observatory.
4. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
5. How are Harvey and Gordie somewhat similar in their financial situations?
6. Why do most scientists misjudge the path of the comet before it hits earth?
7. Who finds Harvey and what do they do?
8. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
9. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
10. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)