|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jellison suggest forming?
(a) A vigilante group to keep order.
(b) A group to go out and help others.
(c) A new government with him as president.
(d) A council for making decisions.
2. After the red alert, who joins Rosten and Luce in the bunker?
(a) The president.
(b) The vice president.
(c) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(d) A sergeant, who is assigned to stand watch at the door.
3. What are Chet and Mabel Hawker and their friends, the Andersons, doing when they see a flash of light?
(a) Running for their storm shelter.
(b) In a outdoor church service praying.
(c) Trying to reach the mountains near Los Angeles.
(d) Playing cards on a plane.
4. What does Baker think is the answer to the earth's problems?
(a) Mandatory pollution control by a world-wide governing body.
(b) Mandatory population control.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) Colonizing other planets.
5. What is Rick Delanty's claim to fame?
(a) He discovers a shift in the polar region that changes the earth's rotation.
(b) He discovers the shift in the comet's trajectory.
(c) He figures out how to divert the comet.
(d) He will be first black man in space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harvey Randall?
2. What do Tim and Eileen try to buy?
3. What are two things Alim and Harold plan to secure?
4. What have the thieves taken?
5. What is Tim Hamner hosting at his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tim and Eileen use a clever ruse to make their way through the hysterical crowds?
2. Briefly describe Tim and Eileen's journey by car to the observatory.
3. How do the astronauts decide to land in California?
4. Who is Alim Nasser and how does he choose unwisely to face the situation about the comet strike?
5. Identify who you think are the protagonist(s), antagonist(s) and two or three secondary characters and why.
6. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
7. What policy does Jellison and his cohorts decide upon and do you agree with them?
8. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
9. What is Harvey's reaction to what he finds and do you understand his reaction?
10. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)