|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tim and Eileen manage to get away from the city?
(a) By comandeering a helicopter.
(b) By hijacking a car from a teen.
(c) By pretending to be reporters.
(d) By hitching a ride with Eric.
2. Where do Tim and Eileen almost drive off the road?
(a) Right after leaving Tujunga.
(b) When they are almost to the observatory.
(c) At a collapsed road.
(d) They are on foot and not driving.
3. Who is at the party with Senator Jellison?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His daughter, Maureen.
(d) His mistress.
4. How do Tim and Eileen obtain a car?
(a) From a car dealer who knows Tim.
(b) They are unsuccessful in obtaining a car.
(c) They steal one.
(d) Someone gives them one since they don't need it.
5. What engulfs the island where Willis and MacDonald are sitting?
(a) A giant tidal wave.
(b) A large steam cloud.
(c) Nothing, just a few small tidal waves come partly inshore.
(d) A huge lava flow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Loretta?
2. Why is a bearded man on Ocean Blvd calling out to others?
3. Who meets Tim and Eileen at the observatory?
4. What does Dr. Leonilla Alexandrovna Malik want to be doing?
5. What does Mabel see lightning hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Tim give the ranger?
2. How does Alim demonstrate that he is re-thinking home robberies to ensure his gang's survival?
3. What makes Gordie decide not to commit suicide?
4. What are Harvey and Mark doing at the opening to this section and what is their "take" on their efforts?
5. How do Tim and Eileen use a clever ruse to make their way through the hysterical crowds?
6. What happens to Norm Lilly that demonstrates the continued deterioration of law and order?
7. What does one man who is scavenging with Deke say people are going to have to get used to, and do you think he is right?
8. What exchange between Barry and Delores seems to remove some pressure from Barry?
9. What does Harvey find when he finally makes it home?
10. Discuss how carefully Gordie plans his suicide.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)