|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barry Price do?
(a) He is chief of police of San Joaquin.
(b) He is another astronomer.
(c) Manages the San Joaquin Nuclear Power Plant.
(d) He is a lawyer for San Joaquin City.
2. Why does Fred Lauren murder Colleen?
(a) Fred is paronoid and thinks she is wiretapping him.
(b) She has taunted him constantly.
(c) She is married to a man Fred hates.
(d) He thinks the world is about to end so he does not care if he is caught.
3. What is Rick Delanty's claim to fame?
(a) He will be first black man in space.
(b) He discovers a shift in the polar region that changes the earth's rotation.
(c) He figures out how to divert the comet.
(d) He discovers the shift in the comet's trajectory.
4. What does Tim tell the men at the collapsed tunnel about California?
(a) Most of it is under water.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It is fine.
(d) It suffers minimal damage.
5. Why does Eric kill Fred?
(a) Because Eric believes no one deserves to die locked in a cell.
(b) Eric hates the man.
(c) Fred asks Eric to do so.
(d) Fred is hurt too badly to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is no longer considered any good?
2. Where is Tim Hamner at the opening of the book?
3. What does Harry do when he cannot get past the cracks in the road?
4. For whom are they sending helicopters?
5. Where is Harry when an earthquake hits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the rain that is falling salty?
2. Why does Harvey wonder about where Marie might be?
3. What is Harry doing when the comet strikes and what is his response?
4. Briefly describe Tim and Eileen's journey by car to the observatory.
5. What demonstrates that the women are handling the situation quite well?
6. Do you think Harry is a little crazy for continuing his pursuit to deliver the mail?
7. Describe the activities aboard the space shuttle and comment upon the conversation.
8. What is one repercussion of the "gloom and doom" message preached by Henry Armitage and others?
9. Who is Alim Nasser and how does he choose unwisely to face the situation about the comet strike?
10. What is Harvey's reaction to what he finds and do you understand his reaction?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)