|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jellison?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) Dead during the "war."
(c) Obviously ill.
(d) Feeling much better.
2. What do the people at Jellison decide?
(a) To save the power plant.
(b) They do not know what to do.
(c) To forget the power plant.
(d) To send 10 men for the battle.
3. Why does the New Brotherhood Army use cannibalism?
(a) They believe that eating their enemies strengthen them.
(b) They like to torture people.
(c) They don't have enough food.
(d) As a ritual to ensure loyalty.
4. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
(a) He is knowledgeable about explosives.
(b) He had served in Vietnam.
(c) He volunteers.
(d) He is the closest to the Brotherhood boats.
5. Under whom has the power plant been operating?
(a) Havey's old boss.
(b) No one.
(c) Barry Price.
(d) The mayor of Los Angeles.
6. What has been erected around the Jellison property?
(a) An obstacle course to train men and women.
(c) A fifteen foot fence.
(d) Crosses to mark graves.
7. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
(a) That the President is alive and working on relief for the hardest hit areas.
(b) That the power plant is online already.
(c) All about what's going on in the area around the ranch.
(d) That Los Angeles is hardly touched.
8. What has Pete Bonar been doing?
(a) Hoarding chicken feed and seed corn.
(b) Trying to get Jellison assassinated.
(c) Building a telecommunications system.
(d) Digging an irrigation system.
9. Whose home will Harvey's group be passing?
(a) Mark's parents'.
(b) Senator Jellison's.
(c) Marie's parents'.
10. Who arrives at the Jellison Ranch?
11. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
(a) People from a fishing village on the way.
(b) Men and women from all over the valley.
(c) A few of the disillusioned from the Brotherhood.
(d) No one.
12. Over what are fights erupting in Alim's group?
(a) Over the few guns.
(b) Over food.
(c) Over the plans for the group.
(d) Over women.
13. What does Tim hear?
(a) A scream.
(b) A vulture screaming.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) The sound of a kitchen timer.
14. Where are Harvey and Mark at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Driving around the area to check on possible supplies.
(b) Working on security of the ranch lands.
(c) Out searching for Gordie and the Boy Scouts.
(d) Rigging a windmill for power.
15. What does Tim want?
(a) More people to come fight for the power plant.
(c) Eileen to definitely marry him.
(d) A volunteer army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harvey take over driving?
2. Who attends the court proceedings?
3. Who is arguing when Harvey wakes?
4. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
5. What does Dan think he can create against the Brotherhood?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)