|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Hora?
2. What is the topic of the meeting?
(a) Whether it is a good plan to send out a salvage crew.
(b) Whether more greenhouses need erecting.
(c) Whether the power supply will be sufficient for the winter cold.
(d) Where guns can be found.
3. What does Harvey do to quell the argument?
(a) Pulls out his pistol.
(b) Checks the map.
(c) Slaps both of them.
(d) Yells at them.
4. What does Tim do?
(a) He picks up a rifle and goes to check on the pass.
(b) He shoots at the vulture.
(c) A yells for help.
(d) He grabs his pistol and hides behind a rock.
5. What does Jellison tell Bonar?
(a) That he must leave and can under no circumstances take his children.
(b) That he must leave and can take his children.
(c) That they don't really want to communicate with others yet.
(d) That an irrigation system is high priority.
6. Where are Harvey and Mark at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Rigging a windmill for power.
(b) Working on security of the ranch lands.
(c) Out searching for Gordie and the Boy Scouts.
(d) Driving around the area to check on possible supplies.
7. Who is arriving at the ranch?
(b) No one; it's a false alarm.
(c) Deke Wilson and the astronauts.
(d) Gordie and the boy scouts.
8. Why are there girls at the camp?
(a) They saved the boys from a female bear and her cubs.
(b) The boys rescued them from some bikers.
(c) They met up before the comet hit.
(d) They were camping at the same National Park as the boys.
9. How is Jellison?
(a) Feeling much better.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) Dead during the "war."
(d) Obviously ill.
10. Who summons Harvey to a meeting?
(b) Alice Cox.
11. Who attends the court proceedings?
(a) Who ever is interested.
(b) Armed guards.
(c) The entire complex.
(d) No one but the accused and judge.
12. What does George think should be done with the remaining brotherhood who are prisoners?
(a) Given the option of suicide.
(b) Released with no weapons.
(c) He thinks they should be put to death.
(d) Their right hand cut off and let loose.
13. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
(a) All about what's going on in the area around the ranch.
(b) That Los Angeles is hardly touched.
(c) That the power plant is online already.
(d) That the President is alive and working on relief for the hardest hit areas.
14. What happens to Harry's truck?
(a) It threw a rod.
(b) It wrecked.
(c) It ran out of gas.
(d) The New Brotherhood Army took it.
15. What does Hugo Beck say Armitage is preaching?
(a) The comet is punishment from God.
(b) The comet is Satan showing his power.
(c) The comet is a way of rearranging the power structure of society.
(d) That all works of man should be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy ask when he sees his father?
2. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
3. Under whom has the power plant been operating?
4. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
5. What does Maureen think is best?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)