|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
(a) There is not enough food.
(b) They don't want any useless people.
(c) He must bring in enough food for his group for the winter.
(d) He can join them after this first winter.
2. Who joins the men to go save the power plant?
(a) People from a fishing village on the way.
(b) Men and women from all over the valley.
(c) A few of the disillusioned from the Brotherhood.
(d) No one.
3. What does Tim do?
(a) He picks up a rifle and goes to check on the pass.
(b) He grabs his pistol and hides behind a rock.
(c) A yells for help.
(d) He shoots at the vulture.
4. Why does Harvey think the salvage mission needs to go now?
(a) They need more fire power.
(b) Anything under water will be ruined by spring.
(c) They need medicines.
(d) The goods will be salvaged by others by spring.
5. What does Hugo Beck say Armitage is preaching?
(a) The comet is Satan showing his power.
(b) The comet is punishment from God.
(c) The comet is a way of rearranging the power structure of society.
(d) That all works of man should be destroyed.
6. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
(a) He had served in Vietnam.
(b) He is the closest to the Brotherhood boats.
(c) He volunteers.
(d) He is knowledgeable about explosives.
7. What has been erected around the Jellison property?
(a) An obstacle course to train men and women.
(b) Crosses to mark graves.
(c) A fifteen foot fence.
8. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
(a) Stay there and not return with Harvey.
(b) They will all return with Harvey.
(c) Send one boy back to ask for supplies.
(d) Kill Harvey and Mark if they don't join them.
9. Who is driving while Eileen sleeps?
(a) No one.
10. What are Tim and Eileen sitting out while they eat?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A forest fire.
(d) A tornado.
11. Who killed Hora?
12. What does Deke figure out about Alim's group?
(a) They will not challenge the Jellison ranch.
(b) They will probably challenge the Jellison ranch.
(c) They will probably go to his home.
(d) They will probably have to be eliminated before getting any stronger.
13. Who is expecting a child?
(a) Tim and Eileen.
(b) No one yet.
(c) Harvey and Maureen.
(d) Gordie and the young woman he is with.
14. What does Maureen think is best?
(a) She does not offer an opinion.
(b) The prisoners be handed over to those they harmed.
(c) The prisoners be made to work at hard labor.
(d) The prisoners be rehabilitated.
15. What does Jackie say about the situation for blacks?
(a) That the blacks got what they wanted--no authority.
(b) That the whites won't share with the blacks.
(c) That blacks have a better chance of survival since they have been survivals all their lives.
(d) That it is probably the end of the black race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey's group do?
2. What does Harvey say about the amount of food allotted to them?
3. Who of the brotherhood is killed?
4. Who decides what Bonar can take with him?
5. What do the people at Jellison decide?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)