|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tim comes up from under the water, what does he see?
(a) A gun pointed at him.
(b) Two military helicopters.
(c) A large semitruck full of canned goods.
(d) A boat with some of the Brotherhood.
2. Who decides what Bonar can take with him?
3. Who attends the court proceedings?
(a) Who ever is interested.
(b) Armed guards.
(c) The entire complex.
(d) No one but the accused and judge.
4. Who does Dan encounter in the forest?
(a) His best friend and friend's wife.
(b) A man in a ragged military uniform.
(c) Harvey and Mark.
(d) A group of escaped convicts.
5. Where does Deke send word about the landing?
(a) To Senator Jellison.
(c) To Los Angeles.
(d) To SAC command.
6. What does Jellison hold as the need arises?
(a) All the weapons.
(c) Planning sessions.
7. What do the people at Jellison decide?
(a) To save the power plant.
(b) To forget the power plant.
(c) To send 10 men for the battle.
(d) They do not know what to do.
8. What does Tim do?
(a) He picks up a rifle and goes to check on the pass.
(b) A yells for help.
(c) He grabs his pistol and hides behind a rock.
(d) He shoots at the vulture.
9. Why does Dan think they should save the power plant?
(a) Because civilization depends on electricity.
(b) Because someday they may be able to use the power plant again.
(c) Because of the radioactive materials that would be dangerous in the wrong hands.
(d) He does not think it is a priority.
10. What are Harvey and Mark doing?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(b) Building irrigation drains.
(c) Splitting rocks.
(d) Weeding corn rows.
11. What does Dan think he can create against the Brotherhood?
(a) A virus.
(b) Mustard gas, napalm or even a nerve gas.
(c) A small tactical nuclear weapon.
(d) A sonic weapon.
12. What has Rick heard?
(a) That the midwest is virtually untouched.
(b) That Alim's group has joined with a military group who are cannibals.
(c) That Senator Jellison is closing his ranch to any more refugees.
(d) That the U.S. Army is arriving in force within the month.
13. What does Harvey's group do?
(a) Fell trees, produce oil slicks and other obstacles.
(b) Sacrifice their lives for the greater good.
(c) Use the M-60 machine guns they have found to ambush the brotherhood.
(d) Lay mines to blow up the boats.
14. Who of the brotherhood is killed?
(a) Many including Alim.
(b) It's uncertain.
(c) All of them.
(d) Only ten or so.
15. Who is arriving at the ranch?
(b) No one; it's a false alarm.
(c) Gordie and the boy scouts.
(d) Deke Wilson and the astronauts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harvey think the salvage mission needs to go now?
2. Who is driving while Eileen sleeps?
3. Why does Harry think the stronghold will want Dan Forrester?
4. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
5. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)