|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tim and Eileen sitting out while they eat?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A forest fire.
2. Why does Harry think the stronghold will want Dan Forrester?
(a) Because he's an engineer.
(b) Because of his knowledge and his book.
(c) Because he's a doctor.
(d) Because he's a special forces graduate.
3. Who is at the entrance to the Jellison Ranch?
(a) A guard.
(b) Five rangers.
(c) Senator Jellison.
(d) No one.
4. Why are there girls at the camp?
(a) The boys rescued them from some bikers.
(b) They saved the boys from a female bear and her cubs.
(c) They were camping at the same National Park as the boys.
(d) They met up before the comet hit.
5. Why does Dan think they should save the power plant?
(a) Because of the radioactive materials that would be dangerous in the wrong hands.
(b) Because civilization depends on electricity.
(c) Because someday they may be able to use the power plant again.
(d) He does not think it is a priority.
6. Who attends the court proceedings?
(a) No one but the accused and judge.
(b) The entire complex.
(c) Who ever is interested.
(d) Armed guards.
7. What has been erected around the Jellison property?
(a) Crosses to mark graves.
(b) A fifteen foot fence.
(c) An obstacle course to train men and women.
8. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
(a) Doctor Jones.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) No one.
(d) Doctor Cowles.
9. What does Maureen think is best?
(a) She does not offer an opinion.
(b) The prisoners be handed over to those they harmed.
(c) The prisoners be made to work at hard labor.
(d) The prisoners be rehabilitated.
10. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
(a) San Joaquin Nuclear Plant.
(b) Los Angeles for more scavanging.
(c) Inland where there is power and more arable land.
(d) Deke Wilson's farm.
11. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
(a) Deflates the tires slightly.
(b) Goes through pastures rather than on the rough cement road.
(d) Finds some railroad tracks and drives on them.
12. Why does Harvey take over driving?
(a) He thinks Mark is reckless.
(b) He decides it's time for him to stop wallowing in self pity.
(c) He wants to distract himself.
(d) He thinks Marie is reckless.
13. Who is expecting a child?
(a) Harvey and Maureen.
(b) Tim and Eileen.
(c) No one yet.
(d) Gordie and the young woman he is with.
14. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
(a) He can join them after this first winter.
(b) There is not enough food.
(c) He must bring in enough food for his group for the winter.
(d) They don't want any useless people.
15. What is Rick Delanty doing?
(a) Making bows and arrows.
(b) Hooking up a water-powered generator.
(c) Going through a flooded home in search of anything that might be useful.
(d) Looking for Senator Jellison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Jellison Ranch?
2. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
3. What do the boys and Gordie decide to do?
4. What does Harvey do to quell the argument?
5. What does Harvey say about the amount of food allotted to them?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)