|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugo Beck say Armitage is preaching?
(a) The comet is punishment from God.
(b) The comet is Satan showing his power.
(c) That all works of man should be destroyed.
(d) The comet is a way of rearranging the power structure of society.
2. Why does the New Brotherhood Army use cannibalism?
(a) As a ritual to ensure loyalty.
(b) They don't have enough food.
(c) They like to torture people.
(d) They believe that eating their enemies strengthen them.
3. What does Eileen do to give them a better driving experience?
(a) Deflates the tires slightly.
(b) Goes through pastures rather than on the rough cement road.
(d) Finds some railroad tracks and drives on them.
4. What does Harvey's group do?
(a) Use the M-60 machine guns they have found to ambush the brotherhood.
(b) Sacrifice their lives for the greater good.
(c) Lay mines to blow up the boats.
(d) Fell trees, produce oil slicks and other obstacles.
5. How is Jellison?
(a) Dead during the "war."
(b) Feeling much better.
(c) Obviously ill.
(d) He has the flu.
6. What is Deke told when he requests sanctuary?
(a) He must bring in enough food for his group for the winter.
(b) There is not enough food.
(c) He can join them after this first winter.
(d) They don't want any useless people.
7. Why is Harvey chosen for his task?
(a) He volunteers.
(b) He is knowledgeable about explosives.
(c) He is the closest to the Brotherhood boats.
(d) He had served in Vietnam.
8. What does Jellison tell Bonar?
(a) That an irrigation system is high priority.
(b) That he must leave and can take his children.
(c) That he must leave and can under no circumstances take his children.
(d) That they don't really want to communicate with others yet.
9. Who is Sergeant Hooker holding captive?
(a) No one.
(b) Doctor Jones.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) Doctor Cowles.
10. Who does Alim's group find?
(a) Deke Wilson's home.
(b) The astronauts.
(c) Hook's small group of men.
(d) Senator Jellison's ranch.
11. Why are they concerned about a salvage mission?
(a) People might get killed out there.
(b) Transporting the salvaged goods.
(c) The manpower to defend the ranch would be depleted.
(d) They might not find anything and it isn't worth the risk.
12. Who decides what Bonar can take with him?
13. What are Harvey and Mark doing?
(a) Splitting rocks.
(b) Weeding corn rows.
(c) Building irrigation drains.
(d) Planting vegetables.
14. What question does Jellison ask of the group?
(a) If they will leave the women there and go on.
(b) To take a few supplies and continue on immediately.
(c) What they can contribute to the survival of the group.
(d) To stay the night and leave in the morning.
15. Who is driving while Eileen sleeps?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry think the New Brotherhood Army will go next?
2. Who killed Hora?
3. Who is Deke expecting to attack his farm?
4. What kind of information does the mail carrier bring Senator Jellison?
5. What does Andy ask when he sees his father?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)