|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one problem the nuclear plant is facing?
(a) A uranium-enriched rod has broken.
(b) Environmentalists are trying to keep the plant from opening.
(c) There has been a meltdown in the past.
(d) One cooling tower has a crack.
2. How do Tim and Eileen obtain a car?
(a) From a car dealer who knows Tim.
(b) They steal one.
(c) They are unsuccessful in obtaining a car.
(d) Someone gives them one since they don't need it.
3. What are Charles Sharps and Dan Forrester doing?
(a) They are climbing out of the wreckage of the lab.
(b) They are trying to reach Tim Hamner.
(c) They are manning the conversations with the Hammerlab.
(d) They are gathering supplies for the bunker.
4. What does Harvey find in the bedroom?
(a) His son is dead.
(b) His room is intact.
(c) Things Loretta is packing for survival.
(d) A note from his wife.
5. Where are Major Bennet Rosten and Captain Harold Luce waiting commands.
(a) In a bunker somewhere in the Northeast.
(b) In a bunker in Wyoming.
(c) In SAC headquarters.
(d) In a bunker near Washington, D.C.
6. What project is Harvey beginning?
(a) A documentary of the comet.
(b) A documentary of the Hopi Indians.
(c) A documentary of the new rail system in L.A.
(d) A documentary of the homeless in San Francisco.
7. Why does Gil think he might live?
(a) He is sixty feet underground in a bunker.
(b) He beats the water to the top of the tsunami wave.
(c) He is nowhere near any comet strikes.
(d) He is an optimist.
8. What does Harry learn at the commune run by Beck?
(a) That the comet hit Earth.
(b) That there is a roadblock up ahead.
(c) That the National Guard is maintaining martial law.
(d) That Harry's home is destroyed.
9. What does the Hammerlab realize the morning the comet is to arrive?
(a) The comet is missing earth by a couple light years.
(b) The comet's trajectory is nearer the Earth than anyone had thus far predicted.
(c) That the comet is smaller than thought.
(d) That the comet is twice the size they originally believed.
10. What forms over Mexico?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A thundercloud of immense proportions.
(c) A huge hurricane.
(d) A hail of comet debris.
11. What does Marty want to do?
(a) Have Tim help them figure out if the comet has completely passed.
(b) Invite Tim and Eileen to stay.
(c) Make Tim and Eileen leave immediately.
(d) Kill Tim and invite Eileen to stay.
12. What does Baker think is the answer to the earth's problems?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Colonizing other planets.
(c) Mandatory pollution control by a world-wide governing body.
(d) Mandatory population control.
13. Who arrives as Harvey is almost asleep?
(a) Joanne and Frank.
(b) Joanne and Mark.
(c) Andy and Joanne.
(d) Frank and Mark.
14. What does Mabel see lightning hit?
(a) The St. Louis Arch.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The Washington Monument.
15. What does Harvey suddenly realize?
(a) Loretta needs her medicines.
(b) He does not know where Gordie's wife is.
(c) His son was at school.
(d) His wife is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Jellison hear while monitoring the astronauts' radio?
2. What does Marie make them do?
3. Who tries to take Harry to town?
4. After the red alert, who joins Rosten and Luce in the bunker?
5. What does Tim tell the men at the collapsed tunnel about California?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)