|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baker think is the answer to the earth's problems?
(a) Colonizing other planets.
(b) Mandatory population control.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) Mandatory pollution control by a world-wide governing body.
2. Why does Sharps decide to call Senator Jellison?
(a) To ask for more funding for the lab.
(b) To suggest funding for a new observatory in the Arctic.
(c) To ask about a bill before the Senate right now.
(d) To suggest a manned space station to study the comet.
3. What does Tim encounter on his way to the lab?
(a) A group of men in white robes chained to streetlights and begging passersby to pray that the comet misses Earth.
(b) A huge rock blocking the road.
(c) A group of riot-equipped cops.
(d) Several large craters.
4. What does Sharps say are the odds of the comet hitting earth?
(a) Five to one.
(b) Ten to one.
(c) A zillion to one.
(d) Fifty to one.
5. Why does Tim decline to go with the Ranger?
(a) He and Eileen want to meet up with Harvey and his group.
(b) He thinks the ranger has enough to worry about already.
(c) He wants to get to Oklahoma.
(d) Tim says it's easier for small groups to feed themselves.
6. Why do the astronauts consider aborting?
(a) They want to get back to their families.
(b) Their lab will likely be pelted with, at the least, high-velocity gravel.
(c) They think they can help more on earth.
(d) They are afraid of the future.
7. How is Loretta?
(a) She is slightly injured.
(b) She is fine.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is wounded.
8. Who is in a deserted spot in the Santa Monica Mountains?
(a) Lauren and Harvey.
(b) Frank, Mark, and Joanna.
(c) No one.
(d) Andy and Tim.
9. What does Leonilla say must happen?
(a) They must abort.
(b) That they will likely die.
(c) The people on earth must be warned that debris will be hitting earth.
(d) They must ride out the comet now since it's too late to abort.
10. What is Delores expecting?
(a) A visit from her parents.
(b) A raise.
(c) A baby.
(d) A promotion.
11. What does Harry Newcombe have once a week?
(a) Trash day.
(b) A drink in honor of his deceased wife.
(c) A day at a health spa.
(d) A day hiking in the hills near his home.
12. Who is the "Brown" in the name of the comet?
(a) It is the name of a young man who discovers the comet about the same time as Tim Hamner.
(b) It is Tim's boss's name.
(c) It is the name of the lab where Tim works.
(d) It is Tim's wife's name.
13. What does Harvey find in the bedroom?
(a) Things Loretta is packing for survival.
(b) His son is dead.
(c) A note from his wife.
(d) His room is intact.
14. For whom are they sending helicopters?
(a) Tim and his family.
(b) The president.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The families of the astronauts.
15. What do the friends do after laying the cycles down?
(a) They pray.
(b) They get into their sleeping bags and wait.
(c) They dance and sing songs to Gaia.
(d) They build a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harvey Randall?
2. What does Tim share with Eileen?
3. For what city are the archaeologists searching?
4. Who is at the party with Senator Jellison?
5. Who is among the officers who cuts the chains to arrest the white-robed fanatics.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)