|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jason and Harry celebrate the announcement?
(a) With a six pack of beer.
(b) With a cup of Brandy.
(c) By throwing a party.
(d) With a bottle of champagne.
2. As Harvey makes his way inside, for what is he prepared?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Everything ready for them to run.
(c) A threat.
3. Who is in a deserted spot in the Santa Monica Mountains?
(a) No one.
(b) Andy and Tim.
(c) Lauren and Harvey.
(d) Frank, Mark, and Joanna.
4. What does Tim advise the ranger?
(a) To hole up until the army arrives.
(c) To head for civilization.
(d) To go into survival mode and plant food.
5. What does the Hammerlab realize the morning the comet is to arrive?
(a) That the comet is twice the size they originally believed.
(b) That the comet is smaller than thought.
(c) The comet's trajectory is nearer the Earth than anyone had thus far predicted.
(d) The comet is missing earth by a couple light years.
6. Who is Delores?
(a) Harvey's wife.
(b) Barry's sister.
(c) Harvey's camera woman.
(d) Barry's secretary and lover.
7. What is being handed out in Tujunga?
(a) Gas masks.
(b) Identification badges.
(c) Permits to travel.
(d) Ration cards.
8. What are Chet and Mabel Hawker and their friends, the Andersons, doing when they see a flash of light?
(a) Playing cards on a plane.
(b) Running for their storm shelter.
(c) Trying to reach the mountains near Los Angeles.
(d) In a outdoor church service praying.
9. What does Jakov say about women?
(a) They become irrational every 28 days.
(b) They are more rational then men.
(c) They cannot be rational but a couple days out of each month.
(d) He does not like them.
10. Who tries to take Harry to town?
11. How does Harry leave Carrie Roman's house?
(a) He is able to borrow her bike.
(b) He walks.
(c) He is able to borrow her motorcycle.
(d) He jumps in a ditch and swims away.
12. Where is Tim Hamner at the opening of the book?
(a) Hiking in the Poconos.
(b) In the astronomy lab.
(c) At his son's bar mitzvah.
(d) At a party.
13. About what does Leonilla complain?
(a) That the comet is behind the moon.
(b) The bad food on the space station.
(c) The fact that they are missing seeing the comet come to earth.
(d) About some policies of Russia's space program.
14. Who arrives as Harvey is almost asleep?
(a) Joanne and Frank.
(b) Frank and Mark.
(c) Joanne and Mark.
(d) Andy and Joanne.
15. Where does Harvey say his son Andy can go?
(a) To visit his grandmother in Wyoming.
(b) Hiking with the Boy Scouts.
(c) To a rock concert in San Jose.
(d) To the beach surfing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tim Hamner hosting at his home?
2. What are Alim Nassor and his brother, Harold Davis, doing?
3. For whom are they sending helicopters?
4. Why does Tim decline to go with the Ranger?
5. Why does Eric kill Fred?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)