Prologue through June; Three
• Tim Hamner arrives at a party thrown by Julia and George Sutter to announce that a comet he discovered has been authenticated and named the Hamner-Brown Comet.
• Also at this party is Harvey Randall and his wife, Loretta. Harvey is a documentary film maker whose next project is the Hamner-Brown comet.
• Barry Price talks with his lover, Delores, about the expected opening of the nuclear power plant, which environmentalists are trying to keep from opening.
• In Los Angeles, Eileen Hancock is stuck in traffic, while in the wastelands of the Soviet Union, Dr. Leonilla Alexandrovna Malik treats children.
• Leonilla is disappointed that she is having no opportunities to do the job she's trained for - an astronaut.
• Gordie is planning to take a group of Scouts on a hiking trip. Harvey says he's busy with the comet documentary but agrees to allow Andy to...
This section contains 2,762 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)