|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Moraga, the problems with primary education are mainly related to ____________________.
2. Moraga reasons that the woman and the lesbian who killed the woman's children were reacting against ___________.
3. According to Moraga, art is ____________.
4. What does Moraga feel is artificial and a product of society?
5. According to Moraga, the feminist movement should pay attention to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Moraga, how can the feminist movement be considered racist?
2. Why are sexually liberated women, and to a greater degree, lesbians, denigrated in Chicano society?
3. What does Moraga think might be the deep, real reason that women kill their children?
4. Explain one of the myths of lesbian sexuality regarding penetration and how Moraga's own experiences go against it.
5. Why is sexism an even more complex subject than racism?
6. Who is Malinche and why to Mexicans despise her?
7. Who is La Mujer Llorena and what is her story?
8. Why does Moraga say she originally assumed the role of chingon in sexual relations with women?
9. What does Moraga feel is the source of the problems with primary education?
10. According to Moraga, what can repression lead to in almost every Chicana's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define Octavio Paz' distinction between a chingon and a chingada. Which of these roles had Moraga adopted when she first started having sex with women? Why does Moraga say she adopted the position she did? What were the influences on her.
Essay Topic 2
Oppression seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is oppression according to Moraga? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Why would Hispanics have lonely lives in America? What do you think about lesbians? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)