|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moraga claims that excessive jargon leads to ________________ of the ideas upon which it touches.
2. In Chicana culture, men are considered to be __________________.
(a) Better than women.
(b) More generous than women.
(c) Funnier than women.
(d) Better dressers than women.
3. Who was the writer who wrote that the United States-Mexican border was a "1,950-mile-long open wound"?
(a) Gloria Steinem.
(b) Gloria Allred.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Gloria Anzaldua.
4. According to Moraga, the problems with primary education are mainly related to ____________________.
(a) A lack of respect for culture.
(b) Inept teachers.
(c) Disinterested parents.
(d) A lack of funding for arts.
5. According to Moraga, America is not interested in producing ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
2. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
3. Proponents of post-modernism are notorious for using _____________________.
4. According to Moraga, true progress for racial and ___________ progress is impossible as long as white, upper-class men permeate institutions.
5. What does Moraga feel is artificial and a product of society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Moraga's thoughts regarding post-modernism's use of jargon leading to a marginalization of topics?
2. Why are sexually liberated women, and to a greater degree, lesbians, denigrated in Chicano society?
3. What is the distinction made between two partners in any sexual act as defined by Octavio Paz in "A Long Line of Vendidas"?
4. Why does Moraga feel the feminist movement may be doomed to failure?
5. In "Out of Our Revolutionary Minds Toward a Pedagogy of Revolt," why does Moraga state that the educational system in America is flawed?
6. Why does Moraga say she originally assumed the role of chingon in sexual relations with women?
7. In "Canto Florido" to what does Moraga compare words that are never spoken?
8. What did Moraga learn about sexism from being raised a Chicana woman?
9. According to Moraga, what can repression lead to in almost every Chicana's life?
10. Why does Moraga believe it is vital for artists to continue to create art that reflects their own cultural identities?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)