|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Moraga cover up her feelings about having sex with a woman?
(a) She became sullen.
(b) She became angry.
(c) She became aggressive.
(d) She became silent.
2. According to Moraga, whose language is the oppressor in American society?
(a) White, upper-class men.
(d) The government.
3. From what other institution can the women's movement learn?
4. Octavio Paz makes a distinction between partners in ____________________.
(a) Any business venture.
(b) Any political campaign.
(c) Any competitive sport.
(d) Any sexual act.
5. According to Moraga, most white people in America do not know ____________________.
(a) The nationality of their ancestors.
(b) The time of day.
(c) How to help others.
(d) Anything about Hispanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chicana sexism is largely based upon the notion of _____________.
2. Regarding intellectualism, Moraga talks not only about the content of various theories but also the methods and _____________ used.
3. Moraga feels that ___________ which is/are based on some specific minority culture seems doomed to failure in America.
4. Moraga found that when she first started having sex with women she was assuming the role of ______________.
5. Who was the writer who wrote that the United States-Mexican border was a "1,950-mile-long open wound"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Out of Our Revolutionary Minds Toward a Pedagogy of Revolt," why does Moraga state that the educational system in America is flawed?
2. Does Moraga think it will be easy to stop the loss of cultures in schools?
3. What are Moraga's thoughts regarding post-modernism's use of jargon leading to a marginalization of topics?
4. What does Moraga think might be the deep, real reason that women kill their children?
5. What does Moraga say was one of the defining characteristics of the Civil Rights movement and why does that factor improve chances for success for any movement?
6. Explain one of the myths of lesbian sexuality regarding penetration and how Moraga's own experiences go against it.
7. What are the circumstances that make the myth of La Mujer Llorena come alive for Moraga?
8. Who is La Mujer Llorena and what is her story?
9. According to Moraga, what is the university system only interested in producing?
10. What is the distinction made between two partners in any sexual act as defined by Octavio Paz in "A Long Line of Vendidas"?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)