|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Moraga, who does intellectualism serve?
(b) The ruling class.
2. What is the literary device used by Anzaldua when she wrote that the United States-Mexican border was a "1,950 mile-long open wound"?
3. Most lesbians claim that a lesbian loses the desire for __________________.
(b) Penetrative sex.
(c) Tough women.
4. According to Moraga, one of the many problems of academia is its obsession with _______________.
(b) Complex theory.
5. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
(a) To clean their own homes.
(b) Their sons over their daughters.
(c) To host Sunday dinner.
(d) Their sons to be priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women are discriminated against dependent upon which of the following situations?
2. Why were the woman the lesbian who killed the woman's children reacting against motherhood as such?
3. According to Moraga, true progress for racial and ___________ progress is impossible as long as white, upper-class men permeate institutions.
4. In "Looking for the Insatiable Woman" who is La Mujer Llorena?
5. Moraga states that her essay, "Out of Our Revolutionary Minds Toward a Pedagogy of Revolt" can be interpreted as a form of _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Malinche and why to Mexicans despise her?
2. According to Moraga, what can repression lead to in almost every Chicana's life?
3. What example of writer Gloria Anzaldua's work does Moraga use to point out that academia gets lost in obsessions with complex theory?
4. Does Moraga think it will be easy to stop the loss of cultures in schools?
5. Why does Moraga feel the feminist movement may be doomed to failure?
6. What are the circumstances that make the myth of La Mujer Llorena come alive for Moraga?
7. Why does Moraga say that minority culture art is almost destined to fail in America?
8. In "Canto Florido" to what does Moraga compare words that are never spoken?
9. In "Out of Our Revolutionary Minds Toward a Pedagogy of Revolt," why does Moraga state that the educational system in America is flawed?
10. Why does Moraga say she originally assumed the role of chingon in sexual relations with women?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)