|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
(a) It pays attention to issues regarding white, middle-class women.
(b) There are no provisions for Hispanic language translations.
(c) Asian women must be put on a waiting list to join.
(d) There is a limit to the number of black women included.
2. In "Entre Nos," Moraga states that she is connected spiritually with whom?
(d) Puerto Ricans.
3. Sexism is far more complex than _____________.
4. La Mujer Llorena is sentenced to spend eternity looking for ____________.
(a) The moon.
(b) A good man.
(c) Her authentic self.
(d) Her children.
5. The right to passion drives which one of the following?
(a) All of these.
(b) Economic movements.
(c) Women's movements.
(d) Cultural movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Moraga, schools are controlled by the government which has no interest in informing students about a heritage which might conflict with mythologies about ______________ glorious history.
2. When had Moraga first heard the story of La Mujer Llorena?
3. According to Moraga, which is the only ethnic background that the American school system seems interested in informing students about?
4. The feminist movement is doomed to failure if it does not __________________________.
5. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moraga say that minority culture art is almost destined to fail in America?
2. According to Moraga, how can the feminist movement be considered racist?
3. Why is sexism an even more complex subject than racism?
4. What does Moraga feel is the source of the problems with primary education?
5. What does Moraga think might be the deep, real reason that women kill their children?
6. Why does Moraga believe it is vital for artists to continue to create art that reflects their own cultural identities?
7. Why are sexually liberated women, and to a greater degree, lesbians, denigrated in Chicano society?
8. Why does Moraga say she originally assumed the role of chingon in sexual relations with women?
9. Who is La Mujer Llorena and what is her story?
10. According to Moraga, what is the university system only interested in producing?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)