|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Moraga compare herself in "Raw Experience"?
(a) A passenger on an autonomous machine.
(b) A rape victim.
(c) A politician.
(d) A motherless child.
2. Why could Moraga relate to the Holocaust victims?
(a) She is part-Jewish.
(b) Spanish people were also persecuted.
(c) She went to college with Jewish kids.
(d) They were white with "unusual" last names.
3. With whom does Moraga identify in "No Born-Again Children?"
(a) A cartoon character.
(b) Her best friend from high school.
(c) Her lover's brother.
(d) A movie star.
4. Who is the main character in "Pesadilla?"
5. Why is sex with her girlfriend better than sex with the male soldier?
(a) It is more meaningful.
(b) It is more passionate and loving.
(c) It is more than a one-night stand.
(d) It is quieter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It Got Her Over" who does Moraga say both receives benefits and bears guilt due to race?
2. Who is Cecilia's lover?
3. What do Moraga and another woman do in "Modern-Day Hero" that does not require the help of men who try to assist?
4. Why does Moraga say the women's movement has some latent racism in it?
5. Which of the following describes Moraga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important lesson does Moraga learn about oppression and marginalization when it hits close to home?
2. In "La Guera" when does Moraga say that she began to understand oppression in the world?
3. What is Moraga's message in "An Open Invitation to a Meal?"
4. How does Moraga compare herself to her lover's dead brother in "No Born-Again Children?"
5. What example does Moraga give about how she, herself, is guilty of oppressive behavior?
6. How does Moraga use the metaphor of a phantom limb to describe repressed sexuality in "You Call It, 'Amputation'"?
7. In "What Does it Take" what does the death of gay activist Harvey Milk prompt Moraga to wonder about the attention that men get?
8. In "Hearts" to what war is Moraga referring when she talks about a war no one really knew about?
9. What does a girl named Cecilia learn in "Later, She Met Joyce?"
10. What is the dominant theme in this set of poems?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)