|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Canto Florido" to what does Moraga liken words that are thought but never spoken?
(a) Flowers which bloom in the spring.
(b) Songs of Florida.
(c) Florida sunsets.
(d) Flowers which rest on the tip of the mouth.
2. When had Moraga first heard the story of La Mujer Llorena?
(a) When she was 27.
(b) When she graduated high school.
(c) When she was a little girl.
(d) When she was in college.
3. Who was the Aztec princess who slept with Cortez, the head of the conquistadors?
4. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
(a) Asian women must be put on a waiting list to join.
(b) There are no provisions for Hispanic language translations.
(c) It pays attention to issues regarding white, middle-class women.
(d) There is a limit to the number of black women included.
5. According to Moraga, the educational system in America is flawed because it is dominated by _____________________________.
(a) The government.
(b) Controlling School Boards.
(c) White, upper-class men.
(d) Ignorant people.
6. Moraga grew up as a ______________ woman.
7. The right to passion drives which one of the following?
(a) Women's movements.
(b) Economic movements.
(c) Cultural movements.
(d) All of these.
8. In "Querida Companera," Moraga writes about the feeling of ___________________.
(a) Being in love.
(b) Achieving goals.
(c) Being rejected.
(d) Kissing a woman.
9. According to Moraga, one of the many problems of academia is its obsession with _______________.
(d) Complex theory.
10. According to Moraga, most white people in America do not know ____________________.
(a) The time of day.
(b) The nationality of their ancestors.
(c) How to help others.
(d) Anything about Hispanics.
11. From what other institution can the women's movement learn?
12. In "Entre Nos," Moraga states that she is connected spiritually with whom?
(b) Puerto Ricans.
13. According to Moraga, the abstractness of academia has a/an _______________ effect.
14. According to Moraga, whose language is the oppressor in American society?
(a) White, upper-class men.
(b) The government.
15. What has Moraga written that seem to be doomed to critical failure in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the myths of the lesbian movement is that lesbian sexuality is __________________________.
2. Octavio Paz makes a distinction between partners in ____________________.
3. What is a misogynist?
4. In Chicano culture a sexually liberated woman is considered to be ____________________.
5. According to Moraga, the problems with primary education are mainly related to ____________________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)