|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Proponents of post-modernism are notorious for using _____________________.
(a) Lateral thinking.
(c) Highly technical jargon.
2. According to Paz, the chingon is the ___________ partner.
3. Regarding intellectualism, Moraga talks not only about the content of various theories but also the methods and _____________ used.
4. Moraga grew up as a ______________ woman.
5. In "Querida Companera," Moraga writes about the feeling of ___________________.
(a) Being rejected.
(b) Being in love.
(c) Achieving goals.
(d) Kissing a woman.
6. What is a misogynist?
(a) Someone who hates women.
(b) Someone who does puzzles.
(c) Someone who collects stamps.
(d) Someone who is an expert in Greek mythology.
7. In "Canto Florido" to what does Moraga liken words that are thought but never spoken?
(a) Florida sunsets.
(b) Flowers which rest on the tip of the mouth.
(c) Songs of Florida.
(d) Flowers which bloom in the spring.
8. A movement that has a _________________ is far more likely to succeed than a movement that is purely theoretical.
(a) Significant amount of money.
(b) Good organizational structure.
(c) Spiritual quality.
(d) High profile leader.
9. Why does Moraga think she was assuming the role of chingon?
(a) Because of her physical strength.
(b) Because of her hormones.
(c) Because of her social status.
(d) Because of her repressed sexuality.
10. According to Moraga, who does intellectualism serve?
(b) The ruling class.
11. Various codes of sexual morality, especially the institution of marriage, are founded on the masculine desire to __________________.
(a) Always be right.
(b) Be socially acceptable.
(c) Sexually control his partner.
(d) Have children.
12. Assuming that works of art that are not built upon Western foundations and structures have no value is intrinsically ethnocentric and ______________.
13. To what does the feminist movement neglect to pay attention?
(a) Men's rights.
(b) Children's issues.
(c) Couples issues.
(d) Sexism in all of its forms.
14. Moraga found that when she first started having sex with women she was assuming the role of ______________.
15. In "Sour Grapes: The Art of Anger in America," Moraga states that Americans are largely ignorant of which culture?
(d) Native American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moraga reasons that the woman and the lesbian who killed the woman's children were reacting against ___________.
2. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
3. According to Moraga, the feminist movement should pay attention to _________________.
4. According to Moraga, true progress for racial and ___________ progress is impossible as long as white, upper-class men permeate institutions.
5. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)