|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Moraga, art is ____________.
2. Moraga feels that ___________ which is/are based on some specific minority culture seems doomed to failure in America.
(c) television programs.
3. According to Moraga, which is the only ethnic background that the American school system seems interested in informing students about?
(a) Western European.
4. When Moraga worked at a restaurant, a lesbian would teach her about which of the following?
(b) Extreme movements.
(c) All of these.
5. According to Moraga, most white people in America do not know ____________________.
(a) The time of day.
(b) Anything about Hispanics.
(c) How to help others.
(d) The nationality of their ancestors.
6. Moraga grew up as a ______________ woman.
7. In Chicana culture, men are considered to be __________________.
(a) Funnier than women.
(b) Better than women.
(c) Better dressers than women.
(d) More generous than women.
8. La Mujer Llorena is sentenced to spend eternity looking for ____________.
(a) The moon.
(b) Her authentic self.
(c) A good man.
(d) Her children.
9. Moraga states that her essay, "Out of Our Revolutionary Minds Toward a Pedagogy of Revolt" can be interpreted as a form of _____________________.
10. A Chicana mother's adoration of her sons is an unconscious attempt to turn them into _______________________.
(a) Candidates for the priesthood.
(b) Independent thinkers.
(c) Better family men.
(d) The kind of man they wished they had married.
11. Why does Moraga think she was assuming the role of chingon?
(a) Because of her physical strength.
(b) Because of her hormones.
(c) Because of her social status.
(d) Because of her repressed sexuality.
12. According to Moraga, the feminist movement should pay attention to _________________.
(a) The Women's Suffrage movement.
(b) The Civil Rights movement.
(c) Older Hispanic women.
(d) Young black women.
13. A movement that has a _________________ is far more likely to succeed than a movement that is purely theoretical.
(a) Good organizational structure.
(b) Significant amount of money.
(c) High profile leader.
(d) Spiritual quality.
14. Women are discriminated against dependent upon which of the following situations?
(d) All of these.
15. According to Moraga, the university system in America is interested only in producing ____________________.
(a) Public relations.
(c) Wealthy alumni.
(d) More docile citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what school of thought is Moraga critical in this essay?
2. The feminist movement is doomed to failure if it does not __________________________.
3. Sexism is far more complex than _____________.
4. According to Moraga, America is a country in which people are so easily _______________.
5. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)