|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Moraga, the educational system in America is flawed because it is dominated by _____________________________.
(a) White, upper-class men.
(b) Controlling School Boards.
(c) The government.
(d) Ignorant people.
2. What type of relationship do White Supremacists want with blacks?
(a) Just political.
(b) None at all.
(c) Just social.
(d) Just professional.
3. Moraga reasons that the woman and the lesbian who killed the woman's children were reacting against ___________.
4. Octavio Paz makes a distinction between partners in ____________________.
(a) Any sexual act.
(b) Any competitive sport.
(c) Any political campaign.
(d) Any business venture.
5. Moraga claims that excessive jargon leads to ________________ of the ideas upon which it touches.
6. According to Moraga, the abstractness of academia has a/an _______________ effect.
7. One of the myths of the lesbian movement is that lesbian sexuality is __________________________.
(a) Altogether different from heterosexual sexuality.
(b) A crime against nature.
(c) Superior to heterosexual sexuality.
(d) Something that can be learned.
8. In "Sour Grapes: The Art of Anger in America," Moraga states that Americans are largely ignorant of which culture?
(a) Native American.
9. What is the extreme goal of White Supremacists?
10. Who was the writer who wrote that the United States-Mexican border was a "1,950-mile-long open wound"?
(a) Gloria Allred.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Gloria Anzaldua.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
11. Why were the woman the lesbian who killed the woman's children reacting against motherhood as such?
(a) They wanted to adopt kids instead.
(b) They did not want to be single mothers.
(c) It was patriarchal imposition that forced them into a role.
(d) They did not want to be married.
12. What has La Mujer Llorena's husband done?
(a) Betrayed her and drowned their children.
(b) Run away with another woman.
(c) Joined the army.
(d) Killed her father.
13. The feminist movement is doomed to failure if it does not __________________________.
(a) Create more awareness.
(b) Incorporate the experiences of all kinds of women.
(c) Get political backing.
(d) Fire Gloria Steinem.
14. When had Moraga first heard the story of La Mujer Llorena?
(a) When she graduated high school.
(b) When she was a little girl.
(c) When she was in college.
(d) When she was 27.
15. According to Moraga, the feminist movement should pay attention to _________________.
(a) Older Hispanic women.
(b) The Civil Rights movement.
(c) The Women's Suffrage movement.
(d) Young black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Proponents of post-modernism are notorious for using _____________________.
2. The right to passion drives which one of the following?
3. Sexism is far more complex than _____________.
4. According to Moraga, schools are controlled by the government which has no interest in informing students about a heritage which might conflict with mythologies about ______________ glorious history.
5. Americans need to be reminded that their history did not begin in what year?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)