|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding intellectualism, Moraga talks not only about the content of various theories but also the methods and _____________ used.
2. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
(a) To host Sunday dinner.
(b) To clean their own homes.
(c) Their sons to be priests.
(d) Their sons over their daughters.
3. What has La Mujer Llorena's husband done?
(a) Joined the army.
(b) Killed her father.
(c) Run away with another woman.
(d) Betrayed her and drowned their children.
4. Various codes of sexual morality, especially the institution of marriage, are founded on the masculine desire to __________________.
(a) Be socially acceptable.
(b) Have children.
(c) Always be right.
(d) Sexually control his partner.
5. Moraga reasons that the woman and the lesbian who killed the woman's children were reacting against ___________.
6. According to Moraga, most white people in America do not know ____________________.
(a) How to help others.
(b) The nationality of their ancestors.
(c) The time of day.
(d) Anything about Hispanics.
7. Why were the woman the lesbian who killed the woman's children reacting against motherhood as such?
(a) They did not want to be single mothers.
(b) It was patriarchal imposition that forced them into a role.
(c) They did not want to be married.
(d) They wanted to adopt kids instead.
8. Most lesbians claim that a lesbian loses the desire for __________________.
(a) Penetrative sex.
(c) Tough women.
9. According to Moraga, America is not interested in producing ________________.
10. Women are discriminated against dependent upon which of the following situations?
(b) All of these.
11. According to Moraga, the problems with primary education are mainly related to ____________________.
(a) Disinterested parents.
(b) Inept teachers.
(c) A lack of funding for arts.
(d) A lack of respect for culture.
12. Moraga found that when she first started having sex with women she was assuming the role of ______________.
13. Repression can lead to a life of _______________.
14. According to Moraga, whose language is the oppressor in American society?
(a) The government.
(d) White, upper-class men.
15. According to Moraga, the educational system in America is flawed because it is dominated by _____________________________.
(a) Ignorant people.
(b) The government.
(c) White, upper-class men.
(d) Controlling School Boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feminist movement is dominated by _____________________.
2. Moraga feels that ___________ which is/are based on some specific minority culture seems doomed to failure in America.
3. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
4. Assuming that works of art that are not built upon Western foundations and structures have no value is intrinsically ethnocentric and ______________.
5. Moraga claims that excessive jargon leads to ________________ of the ideas upon which it touches.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)