|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Looking for the Insatiable Woman" who is La Mujer Llorena?
(a) The important woman.
(b) The magical woman.
(c) The creative woman.
(d) The crying woman.
2. What has Moraga written that seem to be doomed to critical failure in America?
3. Assuming that works of art that are not built upon Western foundations and structures have no value is intrinsically ethnocentric and ______________.
4. What has La Mujer Llorena's husband done?
(a) Joined the army.
(b) Betrayed her and drowned their children.
(c) Run away with another woman.
(d) Killed her father.
5. According to Moraga, the university system in America is interested only in producing ____________________.
(a) Public relations.
(b) More docile citizens.
(d) Wealthy alumni.
6. A Chicana mother's adoration of her sons is an unconscious attempt to turn them into _______________________.
(a) Better family men.
(b) Candidates for the priesthood.
(c) The kind of man they wished they had married.
(d) Independent thinkers.
7. In "Querida Companera," Moraga writes about the feeling of ___________________.
(a) Achieving goals.
(b) Being rejected.
(c) Being in love.
(d) Kissing a woman.
8. Proponents of post-modernism are notorious for using _____________________.
(a) Lateral thinking.
(b) Highly technical jargon.
9. When Moraga worked at a restaurant, a lesbian would teach her about which of the following?
(a) All of these.
(d) Extreme movements.
10. According to Moraga, true progress for racial and ___________ progress is impossible as long as white, upper-class men permeate institutions.
11. In "Canto Florido" to what does Moraga liken words that are thought but never spoken?
(a) Florida sunsets.
(b) Flowers which bloom in the spring.
(c) Flowers which rest on the tip of the mouth.
(d) Songs of Florida.
12. Why could the feminist movement be considered racist?
(a) There is a limit to the number of black women included.
(b) It pays attention to issues regarding white, middle-class women.
(c) Asian women must be put on a waiting list to join.
(d) There are no provisions for Hispanic language translations.
13. In Chicano culture a sexually liberated woman is considered to be ____________________.
(b) A whore.
(d) An abomination.
14. Why does Moraga think she was assuming the role of chingon?
(a) Because of her social status.
(b) Because of her hormones.
(c) Because of her physical strength.
(d) Because of her repressed sexuality.
15. According to Moraga, the abstractness of academia has a/an _______________ effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Octavio Paz?
2. About what school of thought is Moraga critical in this essay?
3. Chicana sexism is largely based upon the notion of _____________.
4. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
5. Why is a lesbian considered to be an outlaw in Chicano society?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)