|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Moraga, most white people in America do not know ____________________.
(a) The nationality of their ancestors.
(b) The time of day.
(c) Anything about Hispanics.
(d) How to help others.
2. In "Sour Grapes: The Art of Anger in America," Moraga states that Americans are largely ignorant of which culture?
(b) Native American.
3. In Chicano culture a sexually liberated woman is considered to be ____________________.
(c) An abomination.
(d) A whore.
4. According to Moraga, America is not interested in producing ________________.
5. According to Moraga, whose language is the oppressor in American society?
(a) White, upper-class men.
(d) The government.
6. According to Moraga, America is a country in which people are so easily _______________.
7. From what other institution can the women's movement learn?
8. In "Querida Companera," Moraga writes about the feeling of ___________________.
(a) Achieving goals.
(b) Kissing a woman.
(c) Being rejected.
(d) Being in love.
9. According to Moraga, the problems with primary education are mainly related to ____________________.
(a) A lack of funding for arts.
(b) A lack of respect for culture.
(c) Inept teachers.
(d) Disinterested parents.
10. About what school of thought is Moraga critical in this essay?
11. Chicana mothers usually prefer ___________________.
(a) To clean their own homes.
(b) To host Sunday dinner.
(c) Their sons over their daughters.
(d) Their sons to be priests.
12. The feminist movement is dominated by _____________________.
(a) Angry women.
(c) The white, middle-class perspective.
(d) Aggressive women.
13. According to Moraga, schools are controlled by the government which has no interest in informing students about a heritage which might conflict with mythologies about ______________ glorious history.
14. When had Moraga first heard the story of La Mujer Llorena?
(a) When she was 27.
(b) When she graduated high school.
(c) When she was in college.
(d) When she was a little girl.
15. Regarding intellectualism, Moraga talks not only about the content of various theories but also the methods and _____________ used.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Moraga, one of the many problems of academia is its obsession with _______________.
2. A Chicana mother's adoration of her sons is an unconscious attempt to turn them into _______________________.
3. According to Moraga, the abstractness of academia has a/an _______________ effect.
4. Moraga feels that ___________ which is/are based on some specific minority culture seems doomed to failure in America.
5. According to Moraga, which is the only ethnic background that the American school system seems interested in informing students about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)