|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moraga says that it is only ___________ who ever get any attention.
(d) Pretty girls.
2. Why does Moraga say the women's movement has some latent racism in it?
(a) It will not allow black women to join.
(b) It downplays the needs of Hispanic women.
(c) It is populated primarily with white, middle-class women.
(d) It will not acknowledge the needs of Asian women.
3. To whom does Moraga compare her friend's friend, Yves, in "For Amber?"
(a) Her driving instructor.
(b) Her mentor.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her coach.
4. According to Moraga, what can docile obedience do to a person?
(a) Crush someone's spirit.
(b) Teach respect.
(c) Humble someone.
(d) Give someone maturity.
5. Why could Moraga relate to the Holocaust victims?
(a) She is part-Jewish.
(b) Spanish people were also persecuted.
(c) She went to college with Jewish kids.
(d) They were white with "unusual" last names.
6. Moraga blames her mother's ______________________ with making her a poor lover.
(a) Dissatisfaction with her marriage.
(c) Religious beliefs.
7. Why does Moraga think her writing could be considered racist?
(a) It reflects the polished, academic style taught in college.
(b) She uses ghetto slang too often.
(c) She switched back and forth between English and Spanish.
(d) She writes in Spanish too much.
8. Why Moraga's mother asked her to speak to her father about his presumed homosexuality?
(a) She was his favorite.
(b) She was a lesbian.
(c) She was more educated.
(d) She could calm him down.
9. The woman in "The Pilgrimage" was a child at the time and wondered about _________________.
(a) The skin on her knees.
(b) Getting mud on her legs.
(c) Losing her coat.
(d) Crying in church.
10. Who is Cecilia's lover?
(a) Anne Marie.
11. What did Moraga always notice when her parents danced?
(a) Her father had two left feet.
(b) Her mother always led.
(c) Her parents made a beautiful couple.
(d) Her father always led.
12. What about herself does Moraga think is more fundamental than any religious affiliation?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her integrity.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her education.
13. The rough girl tells the boys that she _____________ but they do not understand.
(a) is a lesbian.
(b) is a poet.
(c) is ambidextrous.
(d) is bilingual.
14. In "You Call It, 'Amputation'" to what does Moraga compare a phantom limb?
(a) The loss of a lover.
(b) The death of a parent.
(c) A mistake made long ago.
(d) The inability to repress one's sexuality.
15. What does Moraga call the groveling before the family matriarch?
(a) Docile obedience.
(b) Necessary evil.
(d) Sign of respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imagery does Moraga use in "Heading East" to compare how male-dominated society tries to marginalize women?
2. In "The Voices of the Fallers," falling is compared to the experience of _________________.
3. In "It's the Poverty," Moraga uses the imagery of ______________ to defend her outmoded form of communication.
4. Who is the author of these stories?
5. With whom does Moraga identify in "No Born-Again Children?"
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)