|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecilia thinks of everything in terms of which of the following?
(b) Social justice.
(c) All of these.
2. What does Moraga contemplate in "Hearts?"
(a) How to be a good lover.
(b) How to recover from a war no one knew about.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) How to live a happy life.
3. Moraga's various identities have particularly affected her life with _____________.
(a) her editors.
(b) her employers.
(c) her family.
(d) her friends.
4. To which of the following oppressed groups does Moraga refer in "Hearts?"
(c) All of these.
5. What did Moraga always notice when her parents danced?
(a) Her father had two left feet.
(b) Her mother always led.
(c) Her parents made a beautiful couple.
(d) Her father always led.
6. In "It Got Her Over" who does Moraga say both receives benefits and bears guilt due to race?
(a) An Asian woman.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A black woman.
(d) A Hispanic woman.
7. Why Moraga's mother asked her to speak to her father about his presumed homosexuality?
(a) She was a lesbian.
(b) She was his favorite.
(c) She was more educated.
(d) She could calm him down.
8. To what does Moraga compare her relationship with a male soldier in "The War Bride?"
(a) Falling down steps.
(b) Her relationship with her new female lover.
(c) Going to the dentist.
(d) Failing a class.
9. Which of the following does Moraga write about in "For the Color of My Mother?"
(a) Having her lip split open as a child.
(b) Her mother's desperate prayers.
(c) The moans of a difficult childbirth.
(d) All of these.
10. What does the narrator see a woman doing in "November Again?"
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Riding a bike.
(c) Dancing naked on the beach.
(d) Cooking dinner.
11. Where does Moraga see the oppressor?
(a) In social services.
(c) In church.
(d) In politics.
12. Who is Cecilia's lover?
(b) Anne Marie.
13. What is the name of the woman who assists Moraga in "Modern-Day Hero?"
14. The woman in "The Pilgrimage" was a child at the time and wondered about _________________.
(a) Crying in church.
(b) Losing her coat.
(c) The skin on her knees.
(d) Getting mud on her legs.
15. What do men need to do in order for women to give up their hearts to them?
(a) Act like gentlemen.
(b) Believe in their dreams.
(c) Support their causes.
(d) Give up their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moraga say cannot be dealt with from a purely theoretical perspective?
2. In "Fear, a Love Poem" what does the narrator say has been hard for her?
3. What happens to Deborah when she and Cecilia stay at a friend's house?
4. What makes Cecilia and Deborah leave their apartment?
5. What does Moraga call the groveling before the family matriarch?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)