|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of these stories?
(a) Cheryl Morton.
(b) Cheri Morgan.
(c) Cherry Moraga.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
2. What did Moraga always notice when her parents danced?
(a) Her father always led.
(b) Her father had two left feet.
(c) Her mother always led.
(d) Her parents made a beautiful couple.
3. Why is sex with her girlfriend better than sex with the male soldier?
(a) It is more than a one-night stand.
(b) It is more passionate and loving.
(c) It is quieter.
(d) It is more meaningful.
4. In "Passage" Moraga speaks about how her _____________ has never been hers to do with as she pleases.
5. Which notable person does Moraga mention in "What Does It Take?"
(a) Harvey Milk.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Leonard Bernstein.
(d) Paul McCartney.
6. What does Cecilia notice about Joyce when she sees her again after having separated?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is limping.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She has red hair.
7. Cecilia and Joyce become friends and ______________.
(a) Business partners.
(c) Lab partners.
8. What imagery does Moraga use in "Heading East" to compare how male-dominated society tries to marginalize women?
(a) A factory line.
(b) A pressure cooker.
(c) A retail store.
(d) A car with a hole in one of its pipes.
9. What comes with admitting your sexual preferences?
10. In "Loving on the Run" with whom does the rough girl spend a lot of time?
(a) Her girl cousins.
(b) The rough neighborhood boys.
(c) The boys from another town.
(d) The Catholic school girls.
11. Who is Cecilia's lover?
(b) Anne Marie.
12. Why does Moraga say the women's movement has some latent racism in it?
(a) It downplays the needs of Hispanic women.
(b) It will not allow black women to join.
(c) It will not acknowledge the needs of Asian women.
(d) It is populated primarily with white, middle-class women.
13. Which of the following describes Moraga?
(b) All of these.
(d) Lapsed Catholic.
14. To which of the following oppressed groups does Moraga refer in "Hearts?"
(b) All of these.
15. What is it called when an author writes in two languages?
(c) Twin language.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It Got Her Over" who does Moraga say both receives benefits and bears guilt due to race?
2. In "The Pilgrimage" a woman recalls her mother telling her that women would crawl into _______________.
3. The rough girl tells the boys that she _____________ but they do not understand.
4. What makes Cecilia and Deborah leave their apartment?
5. What had Moraga and her mother suspected about her father?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)