|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 109 - 133; 134 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Moraga and her mother suspected about her father?
(a) He smoked pot.
(b) He was a closet alcoholic.
(c) He was unfaithful.
(d) He was a homosexual.
2. Moraga speaks both English and ____________.
3. In "Fear, a Love Poem" what does the narrator say has been hard for her?
(a) To get over her last lover.
(b) To get a college degree.
(c) To get her driver's license.
(d) To accept herself for who she is.
4. What is wrong with the narrator in "You Upset the Whole System of This Place?"
(a) She is sick with a cough.
(b) She has a sinus infection.
(c) She has tuberculosis.
(d) She has cramps.
5. Why Moraga's mother asked her to speak to her father about his presumed homosexuality?
(a) She was his favorite.
(b) She could calm him down.
(c) She was a lesbian.
(d) She was more educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moraga contemplate in "Hearts?"
2. In "The Pilgrimage" a woman recalls her mother telling her that women would crawl into _______________.
3. According to Paz, the chingon is the ___________ partner.
4. What is one of the main themes in this section of poems?
5. What does Moraga say cannot be dealt with from a purely theoretical perspective?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)