|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 70 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imagery does Moraga use in "Heading East" to compare how male-dominated society tries to marginalize women?
(a) A factory line.
(b) A pressure cooker.
(c) A car with a hole in one of its pipes.
(d) A retail store.
2. Which of the following does the narrator do in "November Again?"
(a) All of these.
(b) Passes the naked woman.
(c) Picks up a stone.
(d) Licks the stone.
3. In "La Guera" what does Moraga say made her life easier for her?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her light skin.
(c) Her social status.
(d) Her education.
4. With whom does Moraga identify in "No Born-Again Children?"
(a) Her lover's brother.
(b) Her best friend from high school.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A cartoon character.
5. What does Cecilia notice about Joyce when she sees her again after having separated?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is limping.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She has red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Slow Dance" Moraga's mother explained ______________ in terms of dancing posture.
2. Why Moraga's mother asked her to speak to her father about his presumed homosexuality?
3. Where does Moraga see the oppressor?
4. What is wrong with the narrator in "You Upset the Whole System of This Place?"
5. What part of a woman's body does Moraga talk about in "For the Color of My Mother?"
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)