|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40 - 68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Fear, a Love Poem" what does the narrator say has been hard for her?
(a) To get over her last lover.
(b) To accept herself for who she is.
(c) To get her driver's license.
(d) To get a college degree.
2. What does a crazy woman do in the restaurant where Moraga is working?
(a) Screams about Jesus coming soon.
(b) Takes off all her clothes.
(c) Sprays the fire extinguisher.
(d) Pours coffee on a stranger.
3. Who is the narrator's lover in "You Upset the Whole System of This Place?"
4. Why does Moraga say the women's movement has some latent racism in it?
(a) It will not acknowledge the needs of Asian women.
(b) It is populated primarily with white, middle-class women.
(c) It will not allow black women to join.
(d) It downplays the needs of Hispanic women.
5. What did Moraga know about herself from a very young age?
(a) She is a dancer.
(b) She is a poet.
(c) She is a lesbian.
(d) She is adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Pilgrimage" a woman recalls her mother telling her that women would crawl into _______________.
2. Cecilia and Joyce become friends and ______________.
3. Which notable person does Moraga mention in "What Does It Take?"
4. What does Cecilia do when in her dream she sees Deborah on the other side of the window with the burglar?
5. Moraga's various identities have particularly affected her life with _____________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)