|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 12 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Moraga, what can docile obedience do to a person?
(a) Crush someone's spirit.
(b) Humble someone.
(c) Teach respect.
(d) Give someone maturity.
2. What does Cecilia notice about Joyce when she sees her again after having separated?
(a) She is limping.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has red hair.
3. What does Cecilia do when in her dream she sees Deborah on the other side of the window with the burglar?
(a) She does not let her in.
(b) She calls 911.
(c) She smashes the window.
(d) She closes the blinds.
4. In "Fear, a Love Poem" what does the narrator say has been hard for her?
(a) To get a college degree.
(b) To get her driver's license.
(c) To get over her last lover.
(d) To accept herself for who she is.
5. From which woman did all the women in Moraga's family want approval?
(a) Great Grandmother.
(d) Great Aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moraga's feeling when she left her church?
2. Who is Cecilia's lover?
3. In "Loving in the War Years" to what does Moraga compare being in love during war?
4. Moraga's various identities have particularly affected her life with _____________.
5. What happens to Deborah when she and Cecilia stay at a friend's house?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)