|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 169 - 190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moraga's nationality is half-white and half ______________.
2. To which of the following oppressed groups does Moraga refer in "Hearts?"
(d) All of these.
3. According to Moraga, whose language is the oppressor in American society?
(b) The government.
(c) White, upper-class men.
4. Moraga says that it is only ___________ who ever get any attention.
(a) Pretty girls.
5. According to Moraga, true progress for racial and ___________ progress is impossible as long as white, upper-class men permeate institutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the narrator do in "November Again?"
2. To what does Moraga compare her relationship with a male soldier in "The War Bride?"
3. Moraga blames her mother's ______________________ with making her a poor lover.
4. What is it called when an author writes in two languages?
5. What is the literary device used by Anzaldua when she wrote that the United States-Mexican border was a "1,950 mile-long open wound"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)