|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 169 - 190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moraga refuse to give up her old typewriter?
(a) It has sentimental value.
(b) It has brought her good luck.
(c) She can't afford a new one.
(d) It still works.
2. What is wrong with the narrator in "You Upset the Whole System of This Place?"
(a) She is sick with a cough.
(b) She has cramps.
(c) She has tuberculosis.
(d) She has a sinus infection.
3. What had happened to Moraga's lover's brother?
(a) He was run over by a train.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He was an Olympic athlete.
(d) He got a promotion.
4. According to Moraga, America is not interested in producing ________________.
5. What does Moraga contemplate in "Hearts?"
(a) How to live a happy life.
(b) How to recover from a war no one knew about.
(c) How to be a good lover.
(d) How to make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Octavio Paz?
2. What was Moraga's feeling when she left her church?
3. Moraga feels that she places herself at the mercy of ______________ which hates and persecutes homosexuals.
4. When Moraga worked at a restaurant, a lesbian would teach her about which of the following?
5. What is the war that Moraga talks about in "Hearts?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)