|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Manstein fear most about the surprise attack on the West?
2. Who was the head of the O.K.H. during the attack on the West?
3. What caused a moment of indecision for Manstein?
4. Where could the Polish Army withdraw if given enough time?
5. What bridges was Manstein supposed to guard after France was defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manstein say would be needed for a successful invasion of England?
2. What bothered Manstein about the way Hitler handled the O.K.H.?
3. How did Manstein get Hitler to take on his plan of action for the attack on the West?
4. What was Manstein supposed to do in Dvina?
5. What caused a huge delay for Manstein's men during the attack on the West?
6. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
7. What happened when Marshall Petain became the new French leader?
8. Why was Manstein moved to the 18 Division?
9. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
10. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Manstein say was Hitler's greatest weakness, and what resulted as a direct cause of this weakness in Hitler?
Essay Topic 2
The tone changed frequently in this book. What were the major places where this change in tone came about, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What was Operation Sea Lion and what occurred as a result of this plan?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)