|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Panzer corps led the attack on the West?
2. What month did Hitler get serious about invading England?
3. What was Operation Sea Lion targeting?
4. What kind of corps was Manstein given control of after his defeat of France?
5. What was Nagel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Germany constantly prepare for while invading Poland?
2. What did Manstein say Poland was relying on when the German attack began?
3. What did Brauchitsch convince Hitler to do?
4. What made Hitler angry with Generals Beck and Fristch?
5. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
6. How did Manstein feel when the document with the Soviet Union was signed?
7. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
8. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
9. What did Manstein say would be needed for a successful invasion of England?
10. Why was Manstein moved to the 18 Division?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of unlikely friendships forged in this book. Please explain some of these friendships, and describe how their relationship was forged as well as how this relationship affected the outcome of the war.
Essay Topic 2
What was Operation Sea Lion and what occurred as a result of this plan?
Essay Topic 3
Patience was an attribute that was very apparent in a number of the people described in this book. Where did this attribute appear, and how was the was changed and enhanced because of the people who possessed this trait.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)