|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Manstein supposed to do with all prisoners he captured?
2. How did Manstein describe Hitler?
3. How did Manstein think the war could be ended?
4. What did Manstein begin doing in full force when he was done bathing?
5. What month did Hitler get serious about invading England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
2. What did Germany constantly prepare for while invading Poland?
3. What made Hitler angry with Generals Beck and Fristch?
4. What did Manstein do after defeating France?
5. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
6. How did Manstein feel when the document with the Soviet Union was signed?
7. What about the Commissions Orders did Manstein disobey?
8. Why was Manstein moved to the 18 Division?
9. What did Manstein say was the most important part of his plan to attack the West?
10. What advantages did Manstein say Germany had over Poland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where did the theme of technology appear in this book, and how did it change the course of the war the Germans tried to start?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy was a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where were some places that this theme appeared, and how did the people touched by it react?
Essay Topic 3
Manstein had his own theory for how soldiers should be allowed to act. What was this theory and how did his life exemplify this?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)