|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Manstein tell Paulus he didn't want tanks?
2. What month did Hitler get serious about invading England?
3. What was Manstein's main purpose in bathing?
4. What region was Crimea in?
5. What did Manstein say Poland was very vulnerable to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
2. What are Pontoon Bridges?
3. What did Manstein do after defeating France?
4. What report did Manstein give Paulus?
5. What caused Hitler to change many of his winter attack dates?
6. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
7. What made the Soviet people enemies to German soldiers?
8. What made Hitler angry with Generals Beck and Fristch?
9. What was Manstein supposed to do in Dvina?
10. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Operation Sea Lion and what occurred as a result of this plan?
Essay Topic 2
The tone changed frequently in this book. What were the major places where this change in tone came about, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What did Manstein say was Hitler's greatest weakness, and what resulted as a direct cause of this weakness in Hitler?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)