|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Manstein think the war could be ended?
2. What did Manstein have to inspect along the front lines?
3. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
4. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
5. What flank needed to move to make the surprise attack in the West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothered Manstein about the way Hitler handled the O.K.H.?
2. What made the Soviet people enemies to German soldiers?
3. What about the Commissions Orders did Manstein disobey?
4. What did Manstein do after defeating France?
5. What strange document was signed between Germany and the Soviet Union?
6. What was Manstein supposed to do in Dvina?
7. What caused a huge delay for Manstein's men during the attack on the West?
8. Who was Nagel, and how did Manstein feel about him?
9. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
10. Why was Poland let down when they were invaded by the Germans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nagel was an upbeat man. How did this major feature about him affect the people around him? What were people's first impressions of him and how does this affect Nagel's capacity to lead? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Manstein had his own theory for how soldiers should be allowed to act. What was this theory and how did his life exemplify this?
Essay Topic 3
What were the motivations behind the war, and how did these motivations affect Manstein's actions?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)