|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the Caucasus region stretch out from Rostov?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 400 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. How did Manstein feel when Pepo died?
3. Where was Group Don sent?
(a) The North.
(b) The Central Force.
(c) The East.
(d) The South.
4. Why was Antonescu so bitter towards one man?
(a) His concerns were not taken into account.
(b) He was left low on supplies.
(c) He didn't have enough troops.
(d) His army had been given too hard a task.
5. Which German forces did Manstein think should have attacked the Soviet forces near Rostov?
(a) The forces in the Kharkhov area.
(b) The Krakow Panzer Unit.
(c) The forces near Rostov.
(d) The Black Sea fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disintegrated the Italian Army near Rostov?
2. What season was Operation Citadel created?
3. What river was the bridge Kalach over?
4. What was Dnepropetrovsk?
5. What river did the Germans have to hold to avoid being cut off at Caucasus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
2. What made Manstein re-double his efforts to take Sevastopol after Fort Stallin fell?
3. What did Hitler keep trying to freeze during the movement in the Rostov region, and how did it work?
4. What happened when Manstein went on a reconnaissance mission in the Crimean waters?
5. What did Manstein say was Hitler's mistake in choosing targets?
6. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
7. What happened to make Manstein call Operation Bustard successful?
8. What did Hitler do when Manstein successfully took Sevastopol?
9. What did Manstein warn Zeitzler about?
10. How did the Soviets cross the Don River during the winter?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)