|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disintegrated the Italian Army near Rostov?
(a) Rampant illness.
(b) The Soviet forces.
2. What kind of targets did Hitler focus on with the Don Group?
(a) Costly targets.
(b) Military targets.
(c) Political targets.
(d) Civillian targets.
3. Why was Operation Citadel stopped?
(a) Allied forces were attcking.
(b) The weather got severe.
(c) It didn't go fast enough.
(d) The budget was gone.
4. Who would the Black Sea fleet be able to blockade?
(a) Soviets in the bay area.
(b) Germans near the shore.
(c) All of these.
(d) Romanians along the river.
5. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the troops in Stalingrad?
(a) Supplies could reach them.
(b) They had taken many prisoners.
(c) They would be able to hold the city.
(d) Communcation was down in that quadrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ranking official had a bad relationship with Hitler?
2. What flank of the Soviet Army did Manstein say could have been destroyed had Hitler listened to him at Rostov?
3. What did Manstein call the time in Crimea when he was neither on the offensive or the defensive?
4. What region did Manstein take soldiers from for Operation Citadel?
5. What was Zaporozhye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manstein warn Zeitzler about?
2. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
3. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the Stalingrad troops?
4. What was the town ok Kursk in Manstein's eyes?
5. What were Western forces poised to do in the summer of 1943?
6. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
7. Why did Manstein say the army at Stalingrad got surrounded?
8. What did Manstein say was Hitler's mistake in choosing targets?
9. What dictum did Hitler violate when with the Group Don, and how?
10. Who was Gero, and how did he die?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)