|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was covering the German forces at Stalingrad?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The Romanian forces.
(c) The German Navy.
(d) The soviets.
2. Where was Antonescu from?
3. What prevented a further attack on Sevastapol?
(a) Hitler's orders.
(b) Heavy rains.
(c) The sea waves.
(d) Lack of morale.
4. What did Manstein call the time in Crimea when he was neither on the offensive or the defensive?
(a) A treatise.
(b) A break.
(c) A peace time.
(d) A stalemate.
5. Where was Group Don sent?
(a) The East.
(b) The North.
(c) The Central Force.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ranking official had a bad relationship with Hitler?
2. What city was Operation Citadel targeting?
3. How were supplies brought to the troops in Stalingrad?
4. What at Sevastapol could not be captured by Manstein?
5. What did Manstein say about what was covering his forces at Stalingrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaint did Manstein have about the troops that were covering him at Stalingrad?
2. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
3. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
4. Who was Gero, and how did he die?
5. Why did Manstein say the army at Stalingrad got surrounded?
6. What was the town ok Kursk in Manstein's eyes?
7. What did General Hoth accomplish at Rostov?
8. What were Western forces poised to do in the summer of 1943?
9. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
10. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the Stalingrad troops?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)