|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who penetrated the armies north of Stalingrad?
(a) The Itallians.
(b) The Prussians.
(c) The Romanians.
(d) The Soviets.
2. Who gave the order for Manstein to focus on fighting the Crimean region only?
3. What region did Manstein take soldiers from for Operation Citadel?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The homefront.
4. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
5. What happened when Hitler manipulated the OKW?
(a) It fought against the OKH.
(b) It got confused.
(c) It made silly and costly mistakes.
(d) It sate useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who penetrated the armies south of Stalingrad?
2. What was Kluge's position in the military?
3. What was the name of Manstein's son?
4. What kind of targets did Hitler focus on with the Don Group?
5. Where did Hitler put unneeded men when Manstein said he needed ground troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
2. What complaint did Manstein have about the troops that were covering him at Stalingrad?
3. Who was Antonescu mad at, and why?
4. Why did Manstein not join the conspirators against Hitler?
5. Who was Gero, and how did he die?
6. Why did Manstein say the army at Stalingrad got surrounded?
7. What dictum did Hitler violate when with the Group Don, and how?
8. What happened to make Manstein call Operation Bustard successful?
9. What was Operation Citadel?
10. How did Manstein get his troops to outflank the enemy at Sevastapol?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)