|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German forces did Manstein think should have attacked the Soviet forces near Rostov?
(a) The Krakow Panzer Unit.
(b) The Black Sea fleet.
(c) The forces in the Kharkhov area.
(d) The forces near Rostov.
2. Which ranking official had a bad relationship with Hitler?
3. What frozen river did Manstein's army cross in the winter?
(a) The Dunsk River.
(b) The Dienig River.
(c) The Don River.
(d) The Dvina River.
4. What country was Operation Citadel targeting?
5. What made the Ishun Isthmus hard to navigate?
(a) The terrain was mountainous.
(b) The weather was harsh and unnpredictable.
(c) It was narrow.
(d) The ground was very marshy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kluge's position in the military?
2. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
3. Who captured the bridge at Kalach?
4. What promotion was Manstein given after Sevastopol was taken?
5. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Western forces poised to do in the summer of 1943?
2. Why did Manstein not join the conspirators against Hitler?
3. Who was Antonescu mad at, and why?
4. What was Operation Citadel?
5. What made Manstein re-double his efforts to take Sevastopol after Fort Stallin fell?
6. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
7. What happened when Manstein went on a reconnaissance mission in the Crimean waters?
8. Why did Manstein say the army at Stalingrad got surrounded?
9. What did Manstein warn Zeitzler about?
10. How did Manstein get Hitler to stop interfering with his plans for success in the Rostov Region?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)