|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who captured the bridge at Kalach?
(a) The Soviets.
(b) The Romanians.
2. How many tanks were destroyed during Operation Citadel?
3. What was the operation called to take back Sevastopol?
(a) Operation Bustard.
(b) Operation Buzzard.
(c) Operation Bastard.
(d) Operation Busted.
4. What made the Ishun Isthmus hard to navigate?
(a) The ground was very marshy.
(b) It was narrow.
(c) The terrain was mountainous.
(d) The weather was harsh and unnpredictable.
5. What was Kuban?
(a) A railroad.
(b) A General.
(c) A transport team.
(d) A bridgehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Operation Citadel targeting?
2. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
3. What country supplemented Germany's army?
4. What happened when Hitler manipulated the OKW?
5. What prevented a further attack on Sevastapol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Operation Citadel?
2. Who was Gero, and how did he die?
3. What did Hitler keep trying to freeze during the movement in the Rostov region, and how did it work?
4. Why did Manstein not join the conspirators against Hitler?
5. What did Manstein warn Zeitzler about?
6. How did Manstein get Hitler to stop interfering with his plans for success in the Rostov Region?
7. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
8. Why did Manstein say the army at Stalingrad got surrounded?
9. How did the Soviets cross the Don River during the winter?
10. What did General Hoth accomplish at Rostov?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)